HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:08 AM
Joined Sep 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsadude View Post
12 months from now you will be , arguing with 70 year olds about whether a true T47 scale pilot should be wearing a scarf and leather flying cap or just a crash helmet.
Mine had the wrong moustache apparently
MontyPylon is offline Find More Posts by MontyPylon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:21 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsadude View Post
If you don't then 12 months from now you will be spending your weekends at a club flying circuits, reciting safety regulations and arguing with 70 year olds about whether a true T47 scale pilot should be wearing a scarf and leather flying cap or just a crash helmet.
LOL, nah flying circuits at a club isn't for me, nor is spending my time around old codgers with all that pedantic BS. Oh god, I hope there aren't chatty (zzzz) old blokes like that at places like PP too? Hadn't thought of that.
AussieNewbie is offline Find More Posts by AussieNewbie
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:25 PM
Cliff
Australia, QLD, Pacific Paradise
Joined Oct 2011
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNewbie View Post
Here's a foolproof trouble shooting guide.

Q: Did you buy the servos from Hobbyking?
A: If yes, they're essentially crap servos.

And after all this here is the proof that he is an official owner operator and total FWit
Cliff
16141 is offline Find More Posts by 16141
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:57 PM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,077 Posts
I just took a look at this peanuts blog, and had to laugh, his occupation is "being stalked by gouch" I didn't know that I paid so well, I might have to review your wages....

Mate get over yourself.......besides, it was you who started on me in one of your very first posts on RCgroups in the for sale section

oh and for what it's worth, don't worry about what sort of guys fly at PP, I have met a couple of them and they are good people, pretty easy for anyone to work that out simply by reading their thread, but with your attitude I'm betting they just can't wait to have you there so they can all gather around and listen to your words of advice on the best brands to buy.
Make sure you tell them how rich you are if you haven't already, but whatever you do, make sure you tell them about your wine cellar, that's sure to impress someone...
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:12 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,559 Posts
I'm enjoying this thread and the feeding of the trolls . If you go to My rcgroups there is an Ignore list that I just found out about. It can make reading some threads a lot more enjoyable by filtering out a lot of crap.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:22 PM
Hundredaire
Newcastle Australia
Joined Oct 2008
1,455 Posts
Sipping a VB ?
How posh.
mams1 is offline Find More Posts by mams1
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:34 AM
Not a Doctor
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2006
6,914 Posts
Not even a Crownie. (also crap)
me_wantee is offline Find More Posts by me_wantee
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:37 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
320 Posts
You guys haven't been very welcoming to a newbie. Guess money is a sensitive topic, I didn't mean for it to go this way. I just wanted to say that it's worth getting the best gear you can afford.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:18 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,077 Posts
Quote:
You guys haven't been very welcoming to a newbie. Guess money is a sensitive topic, I didn't mean for it to go this way. I just wanted to say that it's worth getting the best gear you can afford.
If that's all you wanted to say you sure went the long way round......

not very welcoming!!??

You trashed me in one of your first posts for saying hopefully I wasn't an "all the gear no idea" when I did nothing more than show some guy a hotliner setup I was recommended.

You bagged a guy out on the PP thread for losing his quad

You come in here with no experience on the product you where bashing,

You sprout about your income, and wince cellar which nobody cared about, then proceed to say we are "have nots" because we chose to pay no more than we have to for this kind of thing.

You posted a word assuming that I didn't know what it meant, then told me to "look it up" with a condescending tone...

Did I miss anything??? oh yeah, you "hope the guys at PP aren't old chatty types"........we can't have people wanting to chat to you now, can we? You might actually learn something about the hobby

For the record, money isn't a sensitive topic that I'm aware of, (there you go again, you just had to bring it up as an excuse ) it's just that it has absolutely zero relevance here, and most of all, people can spot a wichser a mile away. "And yes it's a real word..... look it up.....lol"........
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:52 AM
darn you, kakka carrot cake.
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2012
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Here's a foolproof trouble shooting guide.

Q: Did you buy the servos from Hobbyking?
A: If yes, they're essentially crap servos.

dont be silly, HXT servos are extremely reliable. even the cheaper TG9E's are great.
derpron is offline Find More Posts by derpron
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:13 AM
A regular at PP
Joined Jan 2013
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
You trashed me in one of your first posts for saying hopefully I wasn't an "all the gear no idea" when I did nothing more than show some guy a hotliner setup I was recommended.
It's a far better to give advice on topics you know about first hand, otherwise - where's your track record?

Quote:
You bagged a guy out on the PP thread for losing his quad
That's just my dark sense of humour. C'mon though, imagine you're a newb like me, you're out of your depth with a multirotor that other people built for you, and it's sailing off into the distance. What's your thought process? Not "kill the throttle and drop it", but "max throttle, let's put this baby in the next suburb or two!". Doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
You come in here with no experience on the product you where bashing,
I bought a handful of HXT servos and they were a jittery mess. Won't make that mistake again. And no, I didn't put 7V+ through them.

Quote:
You sprout about your income, and wince cellar which nobody cared about, then proceed to say we are "have nots" because we chose to pay no more than we have to for this kind of thing.
I never said you were "have nots". If you read into it that way, well, that's your inferiority complex, not mine.

Quote:
You posted a word assuming that I didn't know what it meant, then told me to "look it up" with a condescending tone...
Looks like I assumed correctly, LOL.

Quote:
Did I miss anything??? oh yeah, you "hope the guys at PP aren't old chatty types"........we can't have people wanting to chat to you now, can we? You might actually learn something about the hobby
I've been involved in clubs before, e.g. vintage car clubs, and I know how these things can go. There's the hen-pecked middle aged blokes who use it as an escape from their wife; there's the retirees who babble about the "old days" and use it as a free nursing home; and there's the cliques. Been there, done that, so I hope PP is a lot cooler.

Quote:
zero relevance here, and most of all, people can spot a wichser a mile away. "And yes it's a real word..... look it up.....lol"........
My word had a relevant meaning, yours is just a derogatory term in German. That's the sort of thing that got your post hidden a page or so back, wasn't it?

Oh well, you seem to be getting agitated so I'm going to leave this alone now. Heading over to the beginner electric section to see what's going on.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:32 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,559 Posts
About time you and Gouch kissed and made up.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800