SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2014, 01:57 AM
Joined Nov 2008
171 Posts
Surgery+both+any body part = sucky! Especially limbs though, sticks not having the use of stuff. Hope whatever is going on gets sorted out. Friend of mine went over his bike and broke both arm somethings and ended up missing 6 months to a year of high school. (Happened before I moved here, don't remember the time, but he was a year older than everyone else. Whatever he did put him in a cast that had both arms up and out to the side, with elbows at 90°. He pretty much watched every movie in blockbusters inventory.

I can't even imagine. So God speed on recovery!

In other Hyperion news, I received this:

" We are still manufacturing servos, LG3 batteries, chargers and many other Hyperion products along side and we are still sending air shipment to USA on monthly basis."

And from another email:

"But we would like to assure you that Hyperion is still making the best servos, best quality new batteries and chargers for our Customers.

Please check with your local dealer for update from time to time."

Advised them of the speculation going around, and that I would disseminate above info, but they should really show signs of life somewhere. Offered to help out on a little redesign of the support website, and other ideas, but haven't heard back.

I'd really like to get all public releases of firmware and what not onto the website in a charger level format instead of the firmware centered page so we could go to the support page, click on our charger, and be presented with the public releases of firmware. With of course links/info to ECDS versions compatible with each FW. Have not heard back however.

For LiFe, is it voltage that triggers the low charge rates, or capacity? My Hyperion Tx pack sucks up 4.8 amps (max charge listed on a tag on the battery). This is on my 720i NET2 charger. Is everyone that has problems using a balance tap?

***********held off on posting this until I could test***************

I'm using this LiFePO4 transmitter pack.

Runs perfectly on my 720i NET2 charger at 4.8 amps
Iceberg86300 is online now Find More Posts by Iceberg86300
Old May 15, 2014, 03:13 AM
Joined Nov 2008
171 Posts
Awesome. Would you possibly have links to al the released firmware? This is exactly what I need to clean up the FW and software pages to make everything a little easier to find. Looking for original firmwares through 5.91.

Steve
Old May 16, 2014, 01:15 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
All FW versions are not online, some was not good to keep online.
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old May 16, 2014, 02:29 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mty View Post
It is a pity because the charging takes 2-3 times longer than it should.

Is there a chance that Hyperion will look into this and fix it?

Was there an earlier firmware version where the LiFe charging was working correctly?
i got response from Hyperion and the suggested item 1 worked for me with 5.91
Here is what Hyperion HK Ltd, Sales mailed me:

Thank you very much for the report and thanks for choosing Hyperion chargers.
The initial findings are:

When operating a store mode with a Life battery which is being fully charged in advance, it stopped working immediately in a few seconds later the operation started while it did not reach to the expected voltage at all. Charging and Discharging functions with Life batteries worked fine as it should.

Here is solution for now (unless you already have an issue with general charging/dischagring functions):

1) Discharge the pack and charge again (then you should be able to get the pack fully charged)
2) Or to send a bin file of firmware before V5.91 to rollback the chargers to the workable one.

Now we are waiting for further comment from our Tech staff .

Best regards,
Kaori Lam
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old May 18, 2014, 05:19 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Something weird has happened with my setup, that was running fine...

My desktop PC no longer recognised chargers in hyperion suite (they were in device manager), running off my non isolated USB hub. My wireless mouse started freeeeeaking out when the chargers were connected as well..

My Laptop no longer recognised chargers either... Hrmm..

So I unplugged Laptops 240v power supply, the same 240v thats powering the 1000W PSU, and Bingo it all works again..

For some reason, it seems like I now need an Isolated USB cable, when before I didnt. Weird.

Can someone point me at a suitable device? Google keeps pointing me at what look to be industrial units.
Solved with one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/251513554099 . Setup is working flawlessly again.

Thanks for the help!
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 18, 2014, 05:20 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo 1971 View Post
Has anyone tried this software?
http://www.curioustech.net/hyperion.html

Im liking this program a lot, the GUI is really clear and its easy to use. Only problem for me is it doesnt support dual chargers...
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old May 19, 2014, 02:56 AM
mty
Hungary, Somogy County, Kaposvár
Joined Feb 2009
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg86300 View Post
For LiFe, is it voltage that triggers the low charge rates, or capacity? My Hyperion Tx pack sucks up 4.8 amps (max charge listed on a tag on the battery). This is on my 720i NET2 charger. Is everyone that has problems using a balance tap?
I haven't tried the LiFe charging without using the balance connector, so I don't know if the current would go up without it.

When I wrote my first post on the LiFe charging I just fully discharged two Nanotech 2200 2S LiFe with the 615i DUO3 in order to measure their capacity. When I started to recharge them then the charger didn't put out the maximum allowed current (2.2A), it simply charged one pack around 0.7-1A and the other with about 1.5A. At the beginning the cell voltages were far away from the cut off level, so I can't see why the current was so low.
mty is offline Find More Posts by mty
Old May 19, 2014, 05:18 AM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
I have tried charging with and without the balance leads with my life receiver packs and they still charge at a low rate. I don't have any larger life packs to try.
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
Old May 19, 2014, 11:07 AM
Joined Nov 2008
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mty View Post
I haven't tried the LiFe charging without using the balance connector, so I don't know if the current would go up without it.

When I wrote my first post on the LiFe charging I just fully discharged two Nanotech 2200 2S LiFe with the 615i DUO3 in order to measure their capacity. When I started to recharge them then the charger didn't put out the maximum allowed current (2.2A), it simply charged one pack around 0.7-1A and the other with about 1.5A. At the beginning the cell voltages were far away from the cut off level, so I can't see why the current was so low.
Odd. I don't have any 2s life packs. I've got a couple lipo cells laying around, if I have a balance lead I'll put together a 2s pack and charge it in life mode. Lipos and life have the same CC-CV charge profile with a different voltage level so beginning a charge will show if it goes to max current or not on my charger.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM
Flying wild - Cph. Denmark
Denmark
Joined Apr 2005
257 Posts
Small issue with my 720 duo 3 charger.

I'm using a PARA-Board (Parallel Charging Board) and charging is working great, but discharging is a bit weird. The TCS on the display is outputting wrong info. Eg. I put two batteries in the Para-board, both at 30% capacity. Charger begins discharging and tells me TCS is 30%. Then after 1-2 min. It tells me TCS is 60% and it keeps being the double value, until I cancel the discharge. Tried with 2 different boards and both outputs on the charger, same problem. No difference in using 2,3 or 4 batteries on the board. The TCS is always double the real number.
Anyone else with these issues or maybe someone can replicate my problem.

During charging there's no issues. TCS is correct all the way, the same with storage charging.

Using 5.90 FW
WhiteDog is offline Find More Posts by WhiteDog