Old Sep 20, 2015, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by flying ferret
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Aug 2014
1,198 Posts
Discussion
urethane over foam umx carbon cub

September 8, 2015 (1 min 55 sec)
the wing is actualy a layer of 1/16 sheet bottom 1/32 top and ribs in between. the tail feathers are 2 layers 1/32 balsa epoxied together with the grain 90 degrees . the foam was lightly wiped with finishing epoxy fine sanded then another coat of finishing epoxy with the excess wiped off . than a fine mist of house of kollor adhesion promoter then orion silver than the red using an infinity airbrush with a .6 needle . than a coat of two part clear urethane , wet sanded than carefully polished each part on my makita polishing wheel . i placed the polishing machine on the floor and held it between my knees then carefully polished each part. and yes it flies even better than stock . and came in at 4.25 oz. the balsa components added most of the weight not the paint.. thanks for looking
flying ferret is online now Find More Posts by flying ferret
to remove ads between posts