New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2015, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by lelandapple
Quad Addict
United States, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Mar 2015
103 Posts
Help!
Walkera QR Ladybird V2 not binding (Devo 4)

Hi all. My Ladybird was flying fine then all of the sudden it stopped binding? I've done alot of research trying to fix it. I've tried many binding "tricks" but to no avail. I thought maybe it was the antenna because it looked like the wire was pulled from it, maybe during a crash. And it had some frayed wires as if it looked like they were pulled out. I did a slight mod to let the antenna poke through the top of the cover as it looked like the antenna was crimped up inside.

So I lightly soldered the antenna back down for a snugger fit (probably a mistake but I'm kinda new to this and wanted to experiment :P) I have a new board coming already but would like some input on some things I can do to try to get it to bind. It would be nice to have a backup board, or to build a second modded ladybird later.

I have the typical red blinking fast light and it won't bind. I actually got it to rebind once by giving it a slight nudge the day before, but today just nothing happens I've tried tapping the board and the gyro pot lightly while binding but no go. Im pretty bummed its only a week old and hasn't really had any really hard crashes. I've broken the frame but that is quite common being it's made out of cheap plastic. New frame on the way too lol

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll post pictures tonight once I'm home. Also there is no burn marks on the board at all so I don't believe it is from something shorting out.
lelandapple is offline Find More Posts by lelandapple
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2015, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by RaymondM
Multirotor Promotor
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
3,268 Posts
I just pressed down hard on the main chip with my thumb and got a few more flights as it had become loose in a crash. it worked for a a bit but of course the cheap board breaks. seemingly if you look at it hard enough.
I have been through a lot of v2 boards so I moved on to a Nano qx.
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2015, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by lelandapple
Quad Addict
United States, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Mar 2015
103 Posts
Thanks for the info. I got it to work. I wrapped a big zip tie all the way around the frame. tightened it ever so slightly, and once enough pressure was applied it came on! I put black tape wrapped around the zip tie as well. but yeah that did the trick. Flew great again. My new board came in so I used that with a new frame I had 3d printed so my other board is my emergency back up now
lelandapple is offline Find More Posts by lelandapple
Old Apr 10, 2015, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by RaymondM
Multirotor Promotor
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
3,268 Posts
Great nice work! Sounds like you learned a secret fix about Walkera. Check out Blade Nano QX.
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2015, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by Taksmara
Joined Jul 2015
23 Posts
Hi,

I went away for weekend last month and the hotel cleaner for some reason threw my bind plug away. Does anyone know if its possible to bind tx to the bird without it?
Taksmara is offline Find More Posts by Taksmara