Old Jan 29, 2016, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by Miniclip12
Joined Jan 2013
37 Posts
Hello, I am having trouble flashing the f20a escs from h-king. I had the same problem as this earlier post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliam View Post
I am having a problem, trying to flash some hobbyking f-20a.
I am using an arduino with arduinosip sketch and i think i have everything well wired but using kkflashtool just gives me this:

Flash the firmware file.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\tgy_2012-03-01_2e27c08\bs_nfet.hex

C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0 .60beta10\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0 .60beta10\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m8 -P COM3 -c arduino -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\tgy_2012-03-01_2e27c08\bs_nfet.hex:i

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATmega8 is 1E 93 07
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.

Any suggestion?
so I tried the solution of addin the 10uf capacitor here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
No, they didnt switch the chip, and it wont brick the ESC, as it wont flash the ESC .

the F-20A has an atmega8.

there is no problem to flash it using an arduino.
but u need a 120ohm resistor or a small capacitor (>10μF ) to disable autoreset on arduino

Reason for your problem: if you try to flash it with an arduino, unless switching arduino auto-reset off, the flashprog will flash your arduino instead of the ESC.

the solution is adding a 20μF capacitor between the RESET and GND lines (at arduino nano )
i used my arduino nano to flash my turnigy 9x, and it worked fine with this patch.

another way to disable autoreset using a resistor is described here. as i didnt have a 120ohm resistor, i did it the capacitor-way
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Mai...rialConnection

those arduinoos are soooo useful, i like them.
but now I am getting this error:

/Applications/kkMulticopter Flash Tool.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/avrdude/mac/avrdude -C /Applications/kkMulticopter Flash Tool.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/avrdude/mac/avrdude.conf -p m8 -P /dev/cu.wchusbserialfa130 -c arduino -b 57600 -e -U lfuse:r:/Users/Abhishek/Library/Preferences/kkMulticopterFlashTool//lfuse.hex:r -U hfuse:r:/Users/Abhishek/Library/Preferences/kkMulticopterFlashTool//hfuse.hex:r
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done. Thank you.Error during reading of high fuse.

Flashing of firmware aborted.

I have tried everything and nothing has worked. plz help.im so confused
Miniclip12 is online now Find More Posts by Miniclip12
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2016, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by iscle
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Mar 2015
12 Posts
Hi, I've got a Red Brick 100a BEC ESC which I bought to use with a e-longboard i'm building. I've tried simonk firmware, which is way better than the stock frimware, but i still can't get it to do what i want.

I want the ESC to be able to brake gradually, because now, when it breaks, it uses full power, but i want to be able to control the brake power with the throttle stick, just like in a RC car. I know it's possible with the simonk firmwre, because this guy has done it (
Redbrick 70a esc brake test (0 min 27 sec)
), but he did modify the firmware to acomplish that.

Does somebody know how can I get that same feature? The ESC he is using is the same as mine, so it should be possible to do it just by modifying the firmware. The firmware for my board is the "rb70a2.hex" one.

Thanks.
iscle is offline Find More Posts by iscle
Old Feb 22, 2016, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by pianori
Joined Feb 2007
267 Posts
take out the active braking, dampened light, or oneshot.

That should do it. Also, if you are using a flight controller, like APM make sure to disable the braking option in it firmware.
pianori is offline Find More Posts by pianori
Old Feb 23, 2016, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by iscle
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Mar 2015
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianori View Post
take out the active braking, dampened light, or oneshot.

That should do it. Also, if you are using a flight controller, like APM make sure to disable the braking option in it firmware.
What do you mean? I've tried almost all the options except comp_pwm or something like that that is regenerative braking and i can't get it to work like in the video....

If it's not a problem, could you explain it a bit better?

Thanks a lot!
iscle is offline Find More Posts by iscle
Old Mar 01, 2016, 12:21 AM
Find More Posts by Groser1983
Russia, Saratovskaya oblast', Balakovo
Joined Dec 2015
2 Posts
HobbyKing YEP 30A

Hi! Fell into the hands of HobbyKing YEP 30A controller. ESC is built on atmega168pa. I drew a diagram of the controller. Could you add it to the firmware? Thanks in advance!
Groser1983 is offline Find More Posts by Groser1983
Old Mar 11, 2016, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Lob0426
United States, CA, Susanville
Joined Feb 2013
265 Posts
Having trouble figuring out what is the proper firmware for my ESC's. I think they are a HobbyWing 30A "Guardian. The paper that came with them was in Chinese. They could be "Pentium". I could not find any ESC picture that exactly matched the components on the board.

ESC from RioRand

I had one I connected reverse polarity and does not work. I used a HK flash tool with a HK USBASP programmer. I got the following messages.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\lib\avrdude\ windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\lib\avrdude\ windows\avrdude.conf -p m8 -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\ tgy.hex:i

avrdude.exe: set SCK frequency to 93750 Hz
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex "
avrdude.exe: writing flash (8192 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 2.43s

avrdude.exe: 8192 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex contains 8192 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 1.98s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 8192 bytes of flash verified

Flashing of firmware was successful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I included a picture of the ESC without the wrapper. The other side is a thick aluminum heat sink.

So do I risk trying this on a working ESC? I do have an extra, not being used.
Lob0426 is online now Find More Posts by Lob0426
Old Mar 15, 2016, 06:30 PM
Find More Posts by tascheri
Fly like never crash as always
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
279 Posts
hi. does anyone know what fw comes with the t-motor 25A opto escs. I needed to turn braking on but I cant' seem to find the right fw on it. tried searching this thread, the internet but no luck. thanks.
tascheri is offline Find More Posts by tascheri
Old Mar 16, 2016, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by happy rc
Joined May 2013
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob0426 View Post
Having trouble figuring out what is the proper firmware for my ESC's. I think they are a HobbyWing 30A "Guardian. The paper that came with them was in Chinese. They could be "Pentium". I could not find any ESC picture that exactly matched the components on the board.

ESC from RioRand

I had one I connected reverse polarity and does not work. I used a HK flash tool with a HK USBASP programmer. I got the following messages.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\lib\avrdude\ windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\lib\avrdude\ windows\avrdude.conf -p m8 -P usb -c usbasp -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\ tgy.hex:i

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex "
avrdude.exe: writing flash (8192 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 2.43s

avrdude.exe: 8192 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\RC\kkflash\tmp\tgy.hex contains 8192 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 1.98s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 8192 bytes of flash verified

Flashing of firmware was successful.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I included a picture of the ESC without the wrapper. The other side is a thick aluminum heat sink.

So do I risk trying this on a working ESC? I do have an extra, not being used.
i flashed this esc , it work very boring , speed THR slow . i think should keep orginal firmware .I also looking for orginal this esc
happy rc is offline Find More Posts by happy rc
Old Mar 22, 2016, 06:34 AM
Find More Posts by saxon0010
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2009
75 Posts
Hi All,

Does anybody knows what kind of ESC is this? I would like to flash it, but I dont know, which firmware I can use...
The cover was a simple, yellow blank plastic, no marks on it.
It`s a 30A ESC.
I try to Google it, but I cant find this at all...

Thanks,
Saxon
saxon0010 is offline Find More Posts by saxon0010
Old Mar 22, 2016, 07:14 AM
Find More Posts by TheQuestor
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
6,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon0010 View Post
Hi All,

Does anybody knows what kind of ESC is this? I would like to flash it, but I dont know, which firmware I can use...
The cover was a simple, yellow blank plastic, no marks on it.
It`s a 30A ESC.
I try to Google it, but I cant find this at all...

Thanks,
Saxon
looks like a hobbypower 30A

Name: LpUx7Bv.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 318.0 KB
Description:
TheQuestor is offline Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Mar 22, 2016, 08:41 AM
Find More Posts by saxon0010
United Kingdom, London
Joined Feb 2009
75 Posts
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor View Post
looks like a hobbypower 30A

Attachment 8822831
saxon0010 is offline Find More Posts by saxon0010
Old Mar 26, 2016, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by amisoftau
Joined Mar 2016
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ggeeee View Post
Hey!

.equ I2C_ADDR = 0x50 ; MK-style I2C address
.equ MOTOR_ID = 1 ; MK-style I2C motor ID, or UART motor number
"MK-style" is I think referring to "Mikrokopter", who may have pioneered I2C interface ESC's.

Docs from them re. their ECS's or I2C usage should be relevant.

Hope this helps.
amisoftau is offline Find More Posts by amisoftau
Old Mar 29, 2016, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by nLights
Joined Mar 2016
1 Posts
Rw.rc opto blheli 20a lipo 2-4s

Trying to figure out what BLHeli firmware could possibly match with this ESC.
Label reads RW.RC OPTO BLHELI 20A LIPO 2-4S

Front
Processor: ATMEL MEGA8A
Transistors: E23

Back
Regulator: 78L05
Mosfets: AON7788

Any thoughts/suggestions?
nLights is offline Find More Posts by nLights