New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2016, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by Miniclip12
Joined Jan 2013
33 Posts
Hello, I am having trouble flashing the f20a escs from h-king. I had the same problem as this earlier post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliam View Post
I am having a problem, trying to flash some hobbyking f-20a.
I am using an arduino with arduinosip sketch and i think i have everything well wired but using kkflashtool just gives me this:

Flash the firmware file.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\tgy_2012-03-01_2e27c08\bs_nfet.hex

C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0 .60beta10\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_0 .60beta10\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m8 -P COM3 -c arduino -B 8 -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\cortez\Downloads\tgy_2012-03-01_2e27c08\bs_nfet.hex:i

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.02s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e950f
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATmega8 is 1E 93 07
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.

Any suggestion?
so I tried the solution of addin the 10uf capacitor here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteskind View Post
No, they didnt switch the chip, and it wont brick the ESC, as it wont flash the ESC .

the F-20A has an atmega8.

there is no problem to flash it using an arduino.
but u need a 120ohm resistor or a small capacitor (>10μF ) to disable autoreset on arduino

Reason for your problem: if you try to flash it with an arduino, unless switching arduino auto-reset off, the flashprog will flash your arduino instead of the ESC.

the solution is adding a 20μF capacitor between the RESET and GND lines (at arduino nano )
i used my arduino nano to flash my turnigy 9x, and it worked fine with this patch.

another way to disable autoreset using a resistor is described here. as i didnt have a 120ohm resistor, i did it the capacitor-way
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Mai...rialConnection

those arduinoos are soooo useful, i like them.
but now I am getting this error:

/Applications/kkMulticopter Flash Tool.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/avrdude/mac/avrdude -C /Applications/kkMulticopter Flash Tool.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/avrdude/mac/avrdude.conf -p m8 -P /dev/cu.wchusbserialfa130 -c arduino -b 57600 -e -U lfuse:r:/Users/Abhishek/Library/Preferences/kkMulticopterFlashTool//lfuse.hex:r -U hfuse:r:/Users/Abhishek/Library/Preferences/kkMulticopterFlashTool//hfuse.hex:r
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done. Thank you.Error during reading of high fuse.

Flashing of firmware aborted.

I have tried everything and nothing has worked. plz help.im so confused
Miniclip12 is offline Find More Posts by Miniclip12
to remove ads between posts