Find More Posts by engnr
Tape and velcro master
United Kingdom, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2014
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalm3000 View Post
It looks like you had a good flight.
Yes it was OK although it was only a quick test flight before a good 45 minute flight. However that was scrubbed because the other person I was flying with decided to crash land an I/C plane in to the flight line and smashed up the SkyEye while it was on the ground. At least he didn't take out my legs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalm3000 View Post
I just worry it won't have that rock solid stability the Sky Eye has with its 2000mm wings.
Of course the Bix3 is a smaller plane, 1.5m wingspan, so it is going to fly differently. I want to get an EagleTree Vertex F/C, which should do a good job of stabilising it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Engnr probably you'll have a worse experience with Bix3, since it has way less wing area. What about if one would cut a hatch in the foam under the wings, and carve the foam out to make space for lipos under the CG?
Not sure what you mean by "worse experience"? Have you actually flown both planes? Naturally being a smaller plane it is going to take a smaller battery and have less range, I'm fine with that. There are plenty of other plus points to the Bix3 over the SkyEye, the Bix3 gets a lot of solid reviews.

I have thought about cutting out space under the wing, but it won't work. That is where the landing wheel recess is, so there really isn't much space there. Plus, it will make that part of the fuselage too weak, there would be hardly any foam left at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giteart View Post
An easy mod is to remove the servos from inside and move them back to the tail.
Hi Giteart, yes this is certainly viable, something we have discussed in this thread before. It doesn't make up for the airframe's other shortcomings though, like the plastic dome which scratches easily and costs $$$ to get a replacement shipped from HobbyKing Hong Kong, the way the wings slot in which will eventually wear out and go loose, the lack of any board camera mounting points, nowhere to put head tracking system because the canopy is in the way. This plane just demands too much heavy duty modding to make it good IMHO & I'm ready to move on to something different.
engnr is offline Find More Posts by engnr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2015, 03:09 AM
Find More Posts by moti007
Joined May 2011
33 Posts
Hi to all , i have the new skyeye for fpv
But how i find the CG for 5000mah 3S ,
moti007 is online now Find More Posts by moti007
Old Apr 29, 2015, 01:10 PM
Find More Posts by OverloadUT
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Finally got a chance to slap a GoPro in to my Pixhawk-powered Sky Eye!

Sky Eye Test Flight with GoPro and Pixhawk Autopilot (10 min 9 sec)

I love this plane so much. But man, I am brand new to this stuff and I have just been drooling over the quality of mods I am seeing people post in this thread. I had huge trouble even getting the GoPro to sit in place and even that was done in a terrible way. I've got a lot to learn...
OverloadUT is offline Find More Posts by OverloadUT
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Joined Feb 2009
569 Posts
What osd is that?
rwijnhov is online now Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by ATC RC Pilot
United States, VA
Joined Jan 2015
59 Posts
Dashware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
What osd is that?
It looks like it might be Dashware to me. . .

http://www.dashware.net/
ATC RC Pilot is online now Find More Posts by ATC RC Pilot
Old Apr 29, 2015, 04:39 PM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
It is indeed Dashware, with the data coming from the APM autopilot logs. I created a custom data profile to handle all of the telemetry data from the APM and then created some custom gauges to show that data. I particularly like the attitude and dual speedometer gauges
Old Apr 30, 2015, 02:24 AM
Find More Posts by engnr
Tape and velcro master
United Kingdom, Wiltshire
Joined Aug 2014
80 Posts
@OverloadUT - I think you should try reducing the mechanical throw of your ailerons - for a 2 metre fly-by-wire plane that flight looked very jerky.
engnr is offline Find More Posts by engnr
Old Apr 30, 2015, 04:57 PM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Couldn't that simply be attributed to me over-controlling the craft in manual mode? Or is it also doing something strange during auto flight?

I'm really new to this stuff so I definitely over-control a lot. I could fix that with some expo settings which I have done for my other plane - I just keep forgetting to do that on this one.
Old May 01, 2015, 02:14 AM
Find More Posts by giteart
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverloadUT View Post
Couldn't that simply be attributed to me over-controlling the craft in manual mode? Or is it also doing something strange during auto flight?

I'm really new to this stuff so I definitely over-control a lot. I could fix that with some expo settings which I have done for my other plane - I just keep forgetting to do that on this one.
Its better to adjust it mechanicaly first. Put the metal rods in the inermost hole of the servo and on the outer on the control horn. That way you will have better centering, more torque more accuracy and less stress on the servos.
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart