New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2015, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by FASSTFLIER
USA, TX, Smithville
Joined Sep 2010
26 Posts
Discussion
Best Battery For E-flite Carbon-Z Cub

I just got a new E-flite Carbon-Z Cub and it's still in the box. I'm thinking of getting some higher capacity LiPo batteries than the 3300mAh which is stock. Thinking of buying 4000 mAh Pulse or Turnigy A-SPEC. These will be a little heavier. Just wondered if anyone has gone to the larger battery and wanted to know if there are any issues. Also would appreciate any suggested modifications to the plane. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Best Regards
JC
FASSTFLIER is offline Find More Posts by FASSTFLIER
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by propwash17
United States, NJ, Bergenfield
Joined Jun 2004
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASSTFLIER View Post
I just got a new E-flite Carbon-Z Cub and it's still in the box. I'm thinking of getting some higher capacity LiPo batteries than the 3300mAh which is stock. Thinking of buying 4000 mAh Pulse or Turnigy A-SPEC. These will be a little heavier. Just wondered if anyone has gone to the larger battery and wanted to know if there are any issues. Also would appreciate any suggested modifications to the plane. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Best Regards
JC
Hi, FastFlier
Here is a thread on mods to the Cub you might be interested in. Before upgrading the battery, you have to decide what else you might improve, therefore requiring more power. A google search will reveal many threads on this popular plane, good luck and happy reading. Ron

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2233821
propwash17 is offline Find More Posts by propwash17
Old May 07, 2015, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by rocket_33
Joined Jul 2011
920 Posts
There is a huge thread on here with what people have done.
rocket_33 is offline Find More Posts by rocket_33
Old Aug 20, 2015, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by Airworx
Joined Aug 2015
1 Posts
I have recently purchased a Carbon -Z Cub and use a Turnigy nano-tech 4000mAh 45-90c... flies beautiful
Airworx is offline Find More Posts by Airworx