New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by carrizojim
Crashing RC's since 1978
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
228 Posts
I just hooked up my Wemo Evo with a 2w-25 and ran it. I got 60.8a and 1287w on a 6s with a storage charge. I only ran it for about 10 seconds and it has zero vibes. I'm glad I paid for balancing. The Castle Phoenix Edge 100a ESC says 147947 RPM. How accurate that is, I don't know... I need to make a real test stand before I run it full charge full blast. Hopefully I can go to a smaller ESC. The 100a is quite large, but then I may need it for balance...
carrizojim is offline Find More Posts by carrizojim
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:05 AM
Find More Posts by Jetsom
Formerly "Heli Copter"
United States, CA, Watsonville
Joined Apr 2009
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrizojim View Post
I just hooked up my Wemo Evo with a 2w-25 and ran it. I got 60.8a and 1287w on a 6s with a storage charge. I only ran it for about 10 seconds and it has zero vibes. I'm glad I paid for balancing. The Castle Phoenix Edge 100a ESC says 147947 RPM. How accurate that is, I don't know... I need to make a real test stand before I run it full charge full blast. Hopefully I can go to a smaller ESC. The 100a is quite large, but then I may need it for balance...
When you're looking at the data log you need to hit the "edit" tab and enter the correct pole count of your motor in order for the rpm's to be accurate.
Jetsom is offline Find More Posts by Jetsom
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:40 AM
Crashing RC's since 1978
Joined Mar 2014
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsom View Post
When you're looking at the data log you need to hit the "edit" tab and enter the correct pole count of your motor in order for the rpm's to be accurate.
Thank you! I will do that before my next test. I will wear some ear plugs too! Pretty damn loud!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2015, 01:05 PM
Crashing RC's since 1978
Joined Mar 2014
228 Posts
Just a note to anyone that has bought a bare airframe... I guess mine was on the shelf for a long time and the glue, looks like they used a CA, has became weak and brittle. I was putting the fuse back in the styrofoam shipping container and I heard a cracking sound. The nose broke apart from the rear section right along the inlet duct. It did make it very easy to install the ESC in the airpath and to open it up for airflow in the battery compartment. I will post some pics before I glue it back together
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,630 Posts
Bought an airframe a couple of years back and finally got round to finishing it. Still 4s as i have the batteries but it has an upgraded 10 blade fan and 100amp ESC. Hope to maiden soon, just have to wait till i can get Corinne to the field i can fly it from

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:33 AM
Crashing RC's since 1978
Joined Mar 2014
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
Bought an airframe a couple of years back and finally got round to finishing it. Still 4s as i have the batteries but it has an upgraded 10 blade fan and 100amp ESC. Hope to maiden soon, just have to wait till i can get Corinne to the field i can fly it from

cheers chuck
I love the paint job!!! Good luck on the maiden. I hope the CA they used at the factory is still holding up. Check to see if it is yellowed, it is breaking down. Thin CA dripped carefully in the joints works great.
RCG Plus Member