SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:28 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
Having just read the power supply options for the APM, I'm not providing power to the output section, I need to provide power from the UBEC to the output rail in the APM, with the jumper removed, I think I've providing power into the input rail, which is unnecessary.

I wonder how the elevator/rudder servo's are getting power, because they are moveable, but the APM output rail should be dead.

Thanks for the info, I'll review my power plan and make the necessary changes.
adibbins is offline Find More Posts by adibbins
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 01:09 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined May 2014
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adibbins View Post
Having just read the power supply options for the APM, I'm not providing power to the output section, I need to provide power from the UBEC to the output rail in the APM, with the jumper removed, I think I've providing power into the input rail, which is unnecessary.

I wonder how the elevator/rudder servo's are getting power, because they are moveable, but the APM output rail should be dead.

Thanks for the info, I'll review my power plan and make the necessary changes.
Did you remove the correct jumper? With an OPTO esc, if you have the correct power jumper removed, the servos shouldn't move unless you supply external power to the APM output rails. If the elevator/rudder servos are moving, then there might be something wrong in your wiring.
siddharthasaha is offline Find More Posts by siddharthasaha
Old Yesterday, 07:18 AM
Peru, Lima Region, Lima
Joined Oct 2013
22 Posts
Yesterday afternoon I could do some flights. 3 or 4.
Everything ok
Witha litle wind the Ranger takes off very good without any yaw problems
Landing is very easy
You can see in one of the videos that I could control the Ranger with one hand with the motor off, and filming with the other
Also some pictures from my screen using the Tiny OSD III
Finally arrived my Eagle Tree Vector, so I hope it would be installed for the next time
Also tomorrow is arriving my 1.2 video transmitter from dragon link, to try more longer flights.
GOPR0062 (4 min 30 sec)

Landing with one hand (0 min 29 sec)

And this one was really made with a bixler 2 but want to share.
Its a flight I done on friday 12 in Saqsaywaman Cusco Peru
Saqsaywaman en buena calidad (2 min 34 sec)
andrescuadros is offline Find More Posts by andrescuadros
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Joined Apr 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrescuadros View Post
Yesterday afternoon I could do some flights. 3 or 4.
Everything ok
Witha litle wind the Ranger takes off very good without any yaw problems
Landing is very easy
You can see in one of the videos that I could control the Ranger with one hand with the motor off, and filming with the other
Also some pictures from my screen using the Tiny OSD III
Finally arrived my Eagle Tree Vector, so I hope it would be installed for the next time
Also tomorrow is arriving my 1.2 video transmitter from dragon link, to try more longer flights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3icn6BEiukM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWZ-2tu4jWI

And this one was really made with a bixler 2 but want to share.
Its a flight I done on friday 12 in Saqsaywaman Cusco Peru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZoi_9YJR4
Are you still using the stock motor mount with just the shims added like you showed earlier? In that post you said there was a lot of yaw on takeoff, but now you said it was no problem. Just wondering if you changed anything.
jsallen is online now Find More Posts by jsallen
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Peru, Lima Region, Lima
Joined Oct 2013
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsallen View Post
Are you still using the stock motor mount with just the shims added like you showed earlier? In that post you said there was a lot of yaw on takeoff, but now you said it was no problem. Just wondering if you changed anything.
yes stock motor mount with the shims
What I do is begin to taxi slow 5 to 6 meters and the full throttle
This worked fine for me
If you throttle full from the beginning it does the yaw thing
andrescuadros is offline Find More Posts by andrescuadros
Old Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Hey Arxangel, maybe I missed it, but did you upload your motor mount model files anywhere?
servili007 is offline Find More Posts by servili007
Old Today, 02:37 AM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Feb 2012
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by servili007 View Post
Hey Arxangel, maybe I missed it, but did you upload your motor mount model files anywhere?
Haven't uploaded anything anywhere yet, I am having some issues with my plane, and I still haven't ruled out the motor mount as the cause...
Arxangel is online now Find More Posts by Arxangel