SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:34 AM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Discussion
Suugestion for small motorglider

I am looking for a good quality lightweight small 800mm or so motorglider with removable wings
Have been flying this one after figuring out to glue the prop on, although the company that sold it to me was clueless about what to do. It actually is a really neat design, but it is poor quality. It also has a very poor glide ratio which could partly be caused by having filled the prop cone with epoxy to glue it on, but cannot buy replacement props. Anyway as I say the plane is poor quality. It does handle hard landings well where the wings will pop off
SkySurfer -Defective Nine Eagles RC Plane (1 min 39 sec)

Have searched online and could not find anything this small like this plane, which I would like for portability
Any suggestions welcome
Trekman is offline Find More Posts by Trekman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:49 AM
Gary L
Dexter, Kansas
Joined Oct 2009
231 Posts
I could be wrong, but... there appears to be a screw in the front of the prop and spinner assembly. That screw most likely holds the spinner on. Remove the spinner and see what's underneath. There is probably a nut that, when tightened (after the prop assembly is installed on the motor shaft), clamps the prop to the shaft via a collett (segmented sleeve) assembly.
AMA69405 is offline Find More Posts by AMA69405
Last edited by AMA69405; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: clarification
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:04 AM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
528 Posts
If you can get hold of one, a Graupner Chip ( Aka Terry S )

A bit bigger at 1m and more expensive but a fantastic flying model. Currently available in Europe for 100 euros complete with brushless motor, prop spinner, servos.

Flies superbly on rudder/elevator but ailerons can be added to take it to another level.
stevespana is offline Find More Posts by stevespana
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Yeah looking at the photo one would think the prop screws on, but the prop goes on a bare motor shaft with a friction fit. There is no collet or clamp in the spinner. The screw at the front of spinner is probably there so one could remove it and put a longer screw in to press the spinner off the prop shaft if needed. A great idea except the hole for the motor shaft in the plastic of the spinner is too large so the only answer I could find was to glue it onto the shaft
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:15 AM
Gary L
Dexter, Kansas
Joined Oct 2009
231 Posts
Hmmm... friction fit. I guess we're beginning to understand why the radio and plane combo sells for 70 bucks.
AMA69405 is offline Find More Posts by AMA69405
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
Any suggestion for where I can find a 800-1000mm motor glider?