HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
Tuguegarao City Philippines
Joined Sep 2012
375 Posts
Discussion
hsp flying fish vs. tamiya tt01d

i already have hsp flying fish and still loving it and im pretty confident on my drifting skills. i just want to know if tt01d is better than hsp drifter in any way. oh, and one thing i noticed in my hsp is that it is easier drifting to right than to the left.
xtian3188 is offline Find More Posts by xtian3188
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:11 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtian3188 View Post
i already have hsp flying fish and still loving it and im pretty confident on my drifting skills. i just want to know if tt01d is better than hsp drifter in any way. oh, and one thing i noticed in my hsp is that it is easier drifting to right than to the left.
Really? ... I have been looking at getting a RTR drift car and the flying fish seems to be a inexpensive way to get started. How long have you owned it? Is it holding up well? Where and what type of surface are you drifting on?

Thanks!
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:01 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,842 Posts
You'll want something with good parts support locally, not something you have to spend hours searching online to find someone that has the part, then waiting for it to arrive.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:23 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
You'll want something with good parts support locally, not something you have to spend hours searching online to find someone that has the part, then waiting for it to arrive.
True, but if you live in an area where there is no hobby shop or not one that carries the brand you like anyway, like me, this is not an issue. I am used to getting all my stuff online. The good thing about the HSP cars is that they are the same brand as Redcat Racing, Exceed RC, and I think Banana Hobby has them as well. You can get parts domestically and overseas and even on ebay.

The Tamiya is the better model, but my local store does not stock parts for it.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:47 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
True, but if you live in an area where there is no hobby shop or not one that carries the brand you like anyway, like me, this is not an issue. I am used to getting all my stuff online. The good thing about the HSP cars is that they are the same brand as Redcat Racing, Exceed RC, and I think Banana Hobby has them as well. You can get parts domestically and overseas and even on ebay.

The Tamiya is the better model, but my local store does not stock parts for it.
Good point about the LHS and parts
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael