HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:54 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
If I recall, the inst. state it's 105-115mm from the leading edge by the fuse. I actually have mine set around 120mm back and I find that perfect. I can roll inverted and it pretty much stays there. Just my thoughts

Let us know where you end up on the cg.
noahb is offline Find More Posts by noahb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:55 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,703 Posts
The back end of the 2200mah lipo packs are even with the carbon spar in the wing and the 1800mah lipos are 1.5" forward of the carbon wing spar. I'm using the 79 gram Telink motor and 14g metal gear servos.

With this setup and a quick balance using my finger tips I found the balance point (cg) to be about 1/4" in-front of the aileron hinge line. Initially I thought...wow...this is gonna fly terrible but it is pretty neutral and very aerobatic and stable for me. :-)

Checked it 2 different ways and still come up with very close to 140mm back from the leading edge as measured from the wing root at the fuselage. Sounds really aft but on my plane, after the changes that I have made and a couple of crashes and repairs..that's where it is at. Keep in mind that I have a 45" wingspan so the plane wing loading is a little higher and as such might handle the aft cg a little better.

You would think that it would fly really tail heavy but has a really nice shallow glide slope which helped me win the spot landing contest last weekend. :-)
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Last edited by KE Spin; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:35 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Has anyone had both the twisted hobbies servos for this plane and the Hitec HS65MG servos to compare them? Are the TH ones just as good?
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:37 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
Has anyone had both the twisted hobbies servos for this plane and the Hitec HS65MG servos to compare them? Are the TH ones just as good?
Nickel... I have both, and am very happy with the new Twisted Hobbys Servo.

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Servo-T...Servo-MG65.htm

I think it will compete very nicely against the hitec 65s, same size and stuff.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:47 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Thanks! They are half the price so that is nice.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:05 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Does anyone have two of the TH mg65 or dmg65 servos they would want to sell me??
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,227 Posts
Removable wing version is now available http://twistedhobbys.com/Telink-48-E...0SC-Red-RW.htm
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:17 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Removable wing version is now available http://twistedhobbys.com/Telink-48-E...0SC-Red-RW.htm
I saw this, but it doesnt really state or show you how the removable wing works. when you click on the manual, it shows you the manual for the fixed wing version. I emailed them and told them about this.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,233 Posts
Removable Wing Manual

I checked the link in the product page and it looks correct. Check to see if the cover pages says "Removable Wing" off to the right side then you should be good to go. Most of the manual is the same except for the carbon fiber tube install for the wings and the fuse brace assembly.
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/media/E...nual_LR_RW.pdf
Twisted Realm is online now Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:13 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Yes it is correct now. The other day it wasnt. Thanks for fixing that.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:28 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,214 Posts
Can anyone share the differance between the fixed and removeable wing versions?
also do they fly any differance? Thanks
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:43 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
One of them you can take the wings off the other only come off if you crash it and even then you'd have to be trying pretty hard

Seriously though the only difference is a fibreglass box type thing that take the rod for the removable wing. The wings plug on to the rod with a carbon tube spar that is let into the wing and I believe they are held in place with a hook and elastic band system. I would think if your careful in the construction of the box and it's alignment with the wings it shouldn't have much if any impact on the flying. One thing I do know is the rod which fits into the box and spars is a pretty heavy lump of metal unless they have changed the design for this one. You could replace it with a suitably sized bit of carbon, though apart from the slightly higher all up weight which isn't necessarily a bad thing it should effect anything too badly being so close to the cog. Why not download the manual for both versions and take a look.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:40 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,630 Posts
I finished my 330SC up recently and got a lot of time on it this weekend...man if this isn't the most precise foamy I've ever flown. Absolutely locks in to everything and I can't imagine a better tool for learning rifle rolls. Video coming soon!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:34 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:59 AM
Slopeaholic
Joined May 2011
3,657 Posts
No sign of my extra vaganza yet. Anyone know what the eta is for the UK?
jimbo320 is offline Find More Posts by jimbo320