HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2012, 09:32 AM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Discussion
What Video Glasses????

What video glasses should i invest in? I have a OSD, rangevideo to be exact. I have heard that with a large FOV it can distort the text. So the two i have been looking at are the FatShark dominators and the Headplays. What one is the easiest to get hocked up with a lipo battery? What one will work the best with the least amount of mods. I can get a open box headplays for 200 and the doms for 300. thanks!!
rcplanes1234 is offline Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Last edited by rcplanes1234; May 05, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
anyone??
Old May 05, 2012, 12:56 PM
Discovery
Joined Apr 2012
240 Posts
Don't know what are the best goggles but I heard only good things about carl zeiss cinemizer plus, and I found a guy who sells them on ebay for 150€ so I got a pair
ulkar is offline Find More Posts by ulkar
Old May 05, 2012, 02:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Fatshark dominators are pretty much the standard. Although headplays look good I see plenty of people selling them obviously because they prefer their other video goggles. Seeing as you want to use goggles with least amount of mods then obviously get fatshark goggles seeing as they are designed for FPV!
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old May 05, 2012, 02:26 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,386 Posts
I have base FS and AIO. I prefer the AIO, though I have not tried the new generation of FS (Dom). I like the vRx frequency choices on my AIO better than FS.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old May 05, 2012, 03:04 PM
Noord Holland
Joined Oct 2007
976 Posts
headplay and cinemizer have best image
then aio and evg 920
then others

rob
rob38 is offline Find More Posts by rob38
Old May 05, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
I think I am going to go with the Dominators. Does anyone have a problem with them?
Old May 05, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
I think I am going to go with the Dominators. Does anyone have a problem with them?
Some complain about no IPD (including me) because the old fatharks had IPD adjustment but not enough. With the dominators they got rid of it and aparenty the counter argument for that is the fact that the field of view FOV is smaller. I havent tried out the dominators seeing as I have the base goggles but it has some significant improvements.
Old May 05, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001 View Post
Some complain about no IPD (including me) because the old fatharks had IPD adjustment but not enough. With the dominators they got rid of it and aparenty the counter argument for that is the fact that the field of view FOV is smaller. I havent tried out the dominators seeing as I have the base goggles but it has some significant improvements.
Do you have a OSD?
Old May 05, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a OSD?
Yes I have the eagletree OSD. Has a lot of nice features but for my quadcopter I wish it was just one single unit because it takes up a lot of space.

My OSD selection is based on the platform I'm using. It will be different if your flying a plane or something. RVOSD is great but RTH doesnt work with multicopters so there was no point in paying for something that wont work on your platform, plus he offers no support. Support for OSD's is important.

Again influences will be what platform your using, your budget, is wieght a concern?, something with plenty of features or just gives you the essentials etc etc.
Old May 06, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Yes I have the eagletree OSD. Has a lot of nice features but for my quadcopter I wish it was just one single unit because it takes up a lot of space.

My OSD selection is based on the platform I'm using. It will be different if your flying a plane or something. RVOSD is great but RTH doesnt work with multicopters so there was no point in paying for something that wont work on your platform, plus he offers no support. Support for OSD's is important.

Again influences will be what platform your using, your budget, is wieght a concern?, something with plenty of features or just gives you the essentials etc etc.
I have rangevideo for my skywalker, but was wondering if the edges of the screen are blurred on the base systeem fatsharks.
Old May 06, 2012, 03:14 AM
NFC
Joined Apr 2012
14 Posts
Quote:

Sorry for the off-topic question, but does Eagletree RTH works with your quadcopter ? I am wondering if there exist any OSD with RTH working with mutirotors.
NFC is offline Find More Posts by NFC
Old May 06, 2012, 05:51 AM
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
I have rangevideo for my skywalker, but was wondering if the edges of the screen are blurred on the base systeem fatsharks.
The only fatsharks that DONT have the blurred edges on the screen are the new dominators and this is because of the lower FOV because theres less distortion of the image so theres no blue glow on the edges. This is one of the things that attracts me to the dominators because when I first got a pair of fatsharks I thought this was some sort of defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFC View Post
Sorry for the off-topic question, but does Eagletree RTH works with your quadcopter ? I am wondering if there exist any OSD with RTH working with mutirotors.
No it doesnt but the point I was trying to make is the RVOSD is expensive so one wonders how much their paying for a feature that they cant use. I have my MK electronics for RTH and plenty of other features.
Old May 07, 2012, 12:50 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Feb 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
I have the Dominators and really like them. I have a 5.8 link to my ground station that is 1.3. It makes the system completely wireless. I use an EZosdnd have no issues seeing the lines of data.
Davidpe is offline Find More Posts by Davidpe
Old May 08, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Jan 2010
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpe View Post
I have the Dominators and really like them. I have a 5.8 link to my ground station that is 1.3. It makes the system completely wireless. I use an EZosdnd have no issues seeing the lines of data.
Alight thanks for the info! Looks like im going with the fatsharks.