Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:10 PM
gonzalo contreras
caracas
Joined Feb 2007
475 Posts
Help!
rotor boom....

Hi
In few days i start my rotor but i donīt know how to make the boom in the mold, because the diameter is too small to use tools....., my molds are two halves and i use the wetseams to complete the fuse.

In the same lines... i need to know.

Airfoil recomended
wings tube diameter piano wire.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english, my native language is spanish..

Gonzalo
gonzalo contrera is offline Find More Posts by gonzalo contrera
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
Alphabets make great soup
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jul 2008
1,818 Posts
Hi Gonzalo,

Inflation bladder works great. The original was done that way too.

7.5% E374 is the original foil. But lots of other popular ones out there. DS4, SD7003, S6062, S6063, RG14, RG15, HD45, MG06, dd928416, Don Ayers foils, etc. James Hammond has a TWF foil too, I think it's called something like JHHS701. I used modified Drela foils on my last wings and they work great. How good is the lift at your local slope?

The standard size wingrod is 5/16" steel pin (8mm carbon rod fits too) and the wing tube is 11/32" K&S brass tube (0.014" wall).

Jordan
Hamburglar is offline Find More Posts by Hamburglar
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:19 PM
gonzalo contreras
caracas
Joined Feb 2007
475 Posts
Hi Jordan

Thanks for your fast and certain information.. i study the inflation bladder, ( and aire in my Favorite list.... ) but, are other technic diferent...? itīs because the inflation bladder represent to me, buy all the equipment, bag, valves. etc, and if can avoid it, better for me, if the only way is the I.B. go for it....

Thanks for the airfoils and the diameter of the tubes, stell and carbon bars, i follow you in other post about the xica and i like your comments of these birds.

Thanks again.

Gonzalo
gonzalo contrera is offline Find More Posts by gonzalo contrera
Last edited by gonzalo contrera; Feb 17, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:26 PM
Alphabets make great soup
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jul 2008
1,818 Posts
I guess another option could be to use a golf club shaft (or something similar) instead of moulding a boom.
Hamburglar is offline Find More Posts by Hamburglar
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,727 Posts
Is the dia. too small to use a clevis with a washer on the end of a control wire about 6" long attached to a 1/4" stick as long as necessary. Of course you may have to hold a flash light in your mouth to see what's happening in the mold. It can be done.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member