HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 07:06 AM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgetman02 View Post
Looks like the Prelude is going to have to have the wings removed for transport, so I searched for DIY wing bags and came up with this video. Thought some of you might be interested.

http://youtu.be/F2I9d88uCcU

For those of you in the US I found the material at Lowes yesterday. The woodpecker is available from Tower Hobbies.

Now to polish my sewing skills! Curt
I use that material, it's called Reflectix. It has one problem though. The silver stuff rubs off on the wing covering and is very hard to remove. I had to line my bags with plastic garbage bag material that you get in the lawn and garden areas.
gquiring is online now Find More Posts by gquiring
Last edited by gquiring; Sep 08, 2014 at 06:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2014, 03:25 AM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Sep 2009
443 Posts
Wing servo orientation

I'm getting back on my Prelude build after a prolonged break. Which orientation should I use for mounting the servos in the wing? The instructions say output shaft towards the control surface and my radio instructions, for programming my XP9303, are suggesting output shaft on the servos towards the leading edge of the wing.

Probably 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another but wanted to check with the experienced ones before proceeding.

P.S. anybody considering going to HHAEFI? Here's a link:

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...nt_id=3139&i=0

Thanks, Curt
cgetman02 is offline Find More Posts by cgetman02
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:36 AM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, SC, Summerville
Joined Jun 2001
2,122 Posts
Quote:
I'm getting back on my Prelude build after a prolonged break. Which orientation should I use for mounting the servos in the wing? The instructions say output shaft towards the control surface and my radio instructions, for programming my XP9303, are suggesting output shaft on the servos towards the leading edge of the wing.

Probably 6 of 1 and half a dozen of another but wanted to check with the experienced ones before proceeding.

P.S. anybody considering going to HHAEFI? Here's a link:

http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...nt_id=3139&i=0

Thanks, Curt
I followed what the plans showed.
gquiring is online now Find More Posts by gquiring
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:51 AM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,240 Posts
Hi Curt, I followed the plans as well. Be cautious when making the Z bends in the supplied rods. They can break.

I will be at HHAEFI with my Prelude and Avia.
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:17 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Joined Sep 2009
443 Posts
Looking forward to HHAEFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
Hi Curt, I followed the plans as well. Be cautious when making the Z bends in the supplied rods. They can break.

I will be at HHAEFI with my Prelude and Avia.
Alright! I'm looking forward to HHAEFI even more. Looking forward to seeing your planes and hopefully some more of the members of this group will show up.

If you are in the Georgia area you owe it to yourself to check out this fly-in. I'm going to arrive on Wed. and leave on Sun. it's a ball!

Curt aka: Crashmaster
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:25 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,240 Posts
Don't be a stranger crashman. We will be on the west side of Mac's old shop. We are hard to miss. We cook a big dinner each night -come on and eat. Big fire pit, multiple 20 foot high poles with LEDs, and mason jars. And if ya don't know what golf cart flying is, we'll get you certified.... That usually happens about 1 AM.
Old Sep 09, 2014, 06:40 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Joined Sep 2009
443 Posts
Woo Hoo!

I've found some new friends!

Crash
Old Sep 09, 2014, 07:13 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,240 Posts
Quote:
I've found some new friends!

Crash
Sailplane mafia in the house! There will probably be enough of us to run some impromptu LMR or ALES fun flys.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 05:45 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Joined Sep 2009
443 Posts
Just registered for HHAEFI!

Can't wait. Have to get busy on my Prelude build. Want to get a couple of flights in before HHAEFI to get the bugs out.

We are camping in site 9, I think, east of the old shop. I'll hunt you guys down.

Curt
Old Sep 11, 2014, 05:57 PM
Thermal Seeker
Joined Feb 2011
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Can't wait. Have to get busy on my Prelude build. Want to get a couple of flights in before HHAEFI to get the bugs out.

We are camping in site 9, I think, east of the old shop. I'll hunt you guys down.

Curt
I think I'm in space # 40.