SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:01 PM
Joined Jul 2014
1 Posts
old post same prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
If that's the case, concentrate your effort on the lower blades. The S107G has two systems, upper and lower. The lower blades is driven by the outer shaft, by the top gear, and by the front motor.

Turn the lower blades by hand and see if there is a rough spot that you can't go over smoothly. If so, there could a missing cog in the gears. Check for gear meshing, and make sure that they are well aligned. If you have pets at home, check for hair. So many possibilities, but start by identifying the moving parts of the lower system. Then just check one at a time until you find the problem.
Mine was a bent motor shaft. After turning the blades by hand for an hour staring I noticed my main motor A's shaft was slightly bent... and I mean slightly. The tolerances on these must be like real machines that fly... super small
quadnoob34 is offline Find More Posts by quadnoob34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2014, 03:51 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
hello, im new to to rc helicopters, so i thought i would purchase a syma s107g to learn how to fly propperly before i purchase a bigger one. unfortunately i crashed it almost immediately and one of the gears snapped. i purchased some replacement parts and managed to replace it.

however when i was putting the thing back together the top rotor no longer stays on when i try to screw it back in place and just pops off. also the bottom rotor looks higher then the other pictures i see of the same helicopter online. but im pretty sure it came like this as i didnt move the bottom one about when i went about replacing the broken gear. i have no idea why the thing won't stay on. any suggestions or help would be much appreciated, as my only other alternative is to purchase another and keep this for parts.

forgot to mention this was purchased on ebay froma chinese seller, which may explain why the bottom rotor looks higher up then it should be or could be i just messed up somewhere when reassembling it. i've attached a picture to illustrate the problem.
firefly82 is offline Find More Posts by firefly82
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:11 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly82 View Post
hello, im new to to rc helicopters, so i thought i would purchase a syma s107g to learn how to fly propperly before i purchase a bigger one. unfortunately i crashed it almost immediately and one of the gears snapped. i purchased some replacement parts and managed to replace it.

however when i was putting the thing back together the top rotor no longer stays on when i try to screw it back in place and just pops off. also the bottom rotor looks higher then the other pictures i see of the same helicopter online. but im pretty sure it came like this as i didnt move the bottom one about when i went about replacing the broken gear. i have no idea why the thing won't stay on. any suggestions or help would be much appreciated, as my only other alternative is to purchase another and keep this for parts.

forgot to mention this was purchased on ebay froma chinese seller, which may explain why the bottom rotor looks higher up then it should be or could be i just messed up somewhere when reassembling it. i've attached a picture to illustrate the problem.
If I remember correctly, you have to grasp the lower part of the outer shaft with one hand and grasp the gears with the other. Now, push the shaft down. You should hear a click. It's like a compression fit.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 24, 2014, 04:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,494 Posts
@FF, I don't know how things got to this point, but your lower rotor grip is positioned way too high. I'm eye-balling it, and I say that it is 15 to 20 mm too high.

In your picture, you see that the shaft system is one inside another. That's why it is a coaxial. the Outer shaft is the one that sits low, barely sticking out of the top of the frame. You need to push the lower rotors down to that point and make it grip onto the outer shaft tight.

Next, place the 15mm long spacer on top of the lower rotors.

Finally, install the upper rotors, and use the locking screw to lock onto the Inner shaft.

See Picture:
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jul 24, 2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
14 Posts
mode 2 alternative?

I love the S107G, it was my first helicopter. Are there any good "mode 2" helicopters like this one that fly just as well? They should be cheap (so I can give them away to some kids). I really looking for something with a mode 2 transmitter, so these kids can easily switch to something like a Syma X1 quad after a while.
compie is offline Find More Posts by compie
Old Aug 28, 2014, 05:26 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,494 Posts
Why not go straight to the X1?
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:47 PM
Joined Aug 2014
4 Posts
Syma s107G Problem!!!

I received my helicopter yesterday and it worked for about 30 second after that, everytime i charge the helicopter and open it the helicopter works for about 10 seconds and doesnt want to connect to transmitter then power off. i need help!!! thanks! note***** the battery is charged properly i own another one i cahrge it the same way without problem. thanks again!
Patou335 is offline Find More Posts by Patou335
Old Sep 02, 2014, 11:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,494 Posts
Hi Patou. One of the possibilities is that the Internal Resistance of the battery has been built up to a high level. If that's the case, the battery will have to be replaced. Since you have just received the helicopter yesterday, and it is not working as it should be, I think you ought to try and return it to the seller and get another one.

Let's see what the other people here think.