HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 04:47 PM
United States, MA, Freetown
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
Discussion
Extreme Tail Boom for CX2

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...d5c788bd44034c

I installed this boom for my CX2 I like the the look but the center fin with the 2 black supports in the middle of the boom is flimsy and move around and the support bars will fall off . How can I make them stay on? will a little super glue do the trick for the support arms , how about the center fin in the middle of the tail it's already tight but still moves around? any idea

inkslinger is offline Find More Posts by inkslinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 05:54 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,162 Posts
You could just put a couple of layers of clear tape around the boom at that point, makes it a little bit larger so the clamp will tighten and grab a bit better.
Then you won't need to glue any of it, which just creates an issue if you need to remove any of it later on.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:33 PM
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
AAhh Tape didn't think of that ! thanks Mono
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:39 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post
AAhh Tape didn't think of that ! thanks Mono
I use "Sally Hansen Hard as Nails" (clear) to hold plastic to plastic and, also those pesky screws (screw to plastic). Like those 4 screws that hold the boom to the main frame. Just don't use it on O-Rings. It will make them crack and brittle.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:48 PM
Joined Sep 2014
8 Posts
Does that work like a glue? Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I use "Sally Hansen Hard as Nails" (clear) to hold plastic to plastic and, also those pesky screws (screw to plastic). Like those 4 screws that hold the boom to the main frame. Just don't use it on O-Rings. It will make them crack and brittle.

Mike.
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post
Does that work like a glue? Mike
Not really. But, parts will break free when you want them to. Unlike CA which can be a PITA.

Just put the two parts where you like. Dab the parts where they meet. I usually use two coatings. It dries real fast so you can get through the job in minutes. On a few of my helis the skids always came loose. YUP, Sally Hansen to the rescue.

Some years ago I was faced with the same problem. I didn't want to use CA. As I was sitting out on the deck with my wife and her friend I was discussing my problem. They both (almost in unison) suggested Sally Hansen Hard as Nails. The rest is history and I still use it to this day on many projects.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Last edited by Chap1012; Yesterday at 11:37 AM.