HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:17 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
Discussion
West Coast Mini Festival Aug 30 -Sept 1 Stockton/Lodi CA

This is the third year that the Delta Valley Modelers have hosted this event at Kingdon Airfield located at 12145 N DeVries Road, Lodi. The field is located a couple miles east of I 5 just north of Stockton and directions and full information can be found at our club's Website at: www.deltamodelers.org/events.htm

When: Friday 8/30/2013-Sunday 9/1/2013

Where: Kingdon airfield on DeVries Road

Cost: The event is open to spectators for free and landing fees for the event are $20.00 and must show AMA membership card or join the AMA at the event.

Food: Lunch will be available on Friday 8/30 and Saturday 8/31 for $8.00 a meal with beverage. Dinner and music will be available Saturday night on site.

Event: Open fun fly for planes, helicopters, quadcopters. All era planes with gas and electrics invited along with turbo and ducted fan powered jets. The runway is paved, very long and nicely wide.

Raffle: There will be a raffle at the event open to all with tickets on sale Friday and Saturday. The raffle will be held on Saturday afternoon.

The CD for this AMA sanctioned event is Michael Heer and he can be reached by e-mail at: michaelheer@sbcglobal.net
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jun 28, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2013, 05:18 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
Shoot a plane with a paint ball!

On Friday and Saturday both pilots and visitors can try and hit a plane with a paint ball. The details will be posted in the near future but we will be selling paint balls and loaning paint ball guns for people to try and hit designated planes between 12:00 and 1:00 on both Friday and Saturday. She how you handle an anti-aircraft paint ball gun. this is a fund raiser so you can't bring your own paint balls. This has been a lot of fun for those who have done this in the past. Even the pilots who volunter enjoy running the gauntlet. Just one more activity at our event. Mike Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:33 PM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,102 Posts
This is the link? http://www.deltamodelers.org/events.htm
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Jun 28, 2013, 01:06 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
Many thanks Go Fish! I corrected my first post to match yours with the proper link. Mike H
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2013, 11:39 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
I have updated information on the paint ball shooting at planes. The event will be held on Friday and Saturday from 12:00 to 1:00. It costs $5.00 and for that you get use of a gun with CO and 30 paint balls. We have three guns and we supply everything you need. You can not bring your own gun or paint balls. You cannot shoot the CD. I think I will have to pay $5.00 and try to shoot down my friend's plane. Mike Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Aug 19, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:33 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
We will have twilight/night flying on Friday and after the banquet on Saturday, so do bring your electrically illuminated planes and multirotors. Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2013, 07:42 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
I have started receiving the prizes for the raffles. We will have the traditional one main raffle and we will have a few 1 in 12 chance of winning raffles where each ticket has a one in twelve chance of winning. Buy six tickets and your chance of winning is 50/50. The big raffle is one ticket for a dollar, six tickets for five dollars, thirteen tickets for ten dollars and thirty tickets for twenty dollars. The one in twelve raffles are ten dollar tickets. These 1/12 raffles will be one each for lunch on Friday and Saturday and one Saturday night at the dinner. Hopefully these will add even more fun to the event. The raffles are open to the public
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Aug 08, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2013, 01:54 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
In response to the PM: "Can we shoot the pilots with the paint guns?" If you are asking about the little figures inside the planes the answer is: Yes! If you mean the guys operating the transmitters, the answer is: NO!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:43 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
We have our volunteer pilots lined up for the paint gun shoot. From a big gas powered plane to a small Corsair I will fly. Not sure my Corsair will survive a direct hit but it is fast and small so it may avoid getting hit.
The Saturday dinner will have tri-tip or chicken for the main course and I have lined up fresh produce for lunch and dinner salad including home grown tomatoes. It is getting close enough that I am starting to look forward to the weekend. Mike The CD
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2013, 06:52 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
Six days to go and a lot of small details to get done today. I have a couple of special events for right after the Saturday night dinner so you will want to bring some cash or your checkbook because there will be some nice planes to tempt you there. Meanwhile I have a couple of reviews I would like to wrap up this weekend. I plan on flying my new GreatPlane's Cirrus and my F4F Wildcat from Banana Hobby next Weekend at the event. I also hope to catch a tow and fly my ParkZone Ka-8 sailplane. It has proven to be a great flyer and in calm or light wind she handles great.
The friendship, food and flying should be great! I hope to see some new faces as well as those that have been to the event in past years. Mike Heer CD
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:19 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
The big shade is up and a number of pop up shades are out and ready to be set up tomorrow. We have an article in tomorrows morning paper so we should have some spectators come out to watch. it wii take me a few trips to get everything out to the field with raffle prizes, planes for sale and those to fly. We even will have a visit by RC Flying Ironman. Food, drink, friendship. Flying and fun. If you were on the fence about coming, please join us. Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2013, 07:25 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
Here are a few pictures of planes from yesterday at the event.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Aug 31, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2013, 06:20 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,432 Posts
Pictures from Saturday

The event continues this morning. Here are a few pictures from yesterday.
RCG Plus Member