HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu View Post
Hey everyone,
To celebrate the Mobius being released we from today until Sunday (23:59 GMT) we are offering free shipping on the Mobius and accessories, bike mount, car mount, and the helmet mount (this will be in stock shortly and if pre-ordered before the end time free shipping will still apply). So if you want to receive your item quickly and with free shipping go to www.JooVuu.com and use the following code:

freemobiusshipping

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Dan
Will you make any offer for those of us who already preordered it?

Thanks
Ferradal.FCG is online now Find More Posts by Ferradal.FCG
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:57 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
I had the same feeling about the azure colored sky..
PS. This is the prerelease camera!

My settings:
It doesn't matter if your camera is pre-release or not.
On some of the tests I made I did notice the sky showing a slightly incorrect blue color in one or two pictures when the sun was just out of the picture, so the lighting does make a big difference. The majority of material I've seen for v0.32 produced a very natural blue sky.
It would be most probably be helpful for the developer if you could could take the same picture with both firmware versions. If you have a second card you can prepare the card by copying the firmware to it and then swap cards and wait about 40 seconds while the firmware updates.

Tom and I tested with WDR off, which is the default setting.

Parts of your sky is definitely the wrong color, IMO.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:05 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,498 Posts
So this is almost double the price of a #16 camera. I'll wait until all the bugs get worked out. Can't justify the price and will stick with what I have for now.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:38 AM
jhi
Registered User
jhi's Avatar
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
It doesn't matter if your camera is pre-release or not.
On some of the tests I made I did notice the sky showing a slightly incorrect blue color in one or two pictures when the sun was just out of the picture, so the lighting does make a big difference. The majority of material I've seen for v0.32 produced a very natural blue sky.
It would be most probably be helpful for the developer if you could could take the same picture with both firmware versions. If you have a second card you can prepare the card by copying the firmware to it and then swap cards and wait about 40 seconds while the firmware updates.

Tom and I tested with WDR off, which is the default setting.

Parts of your sky is definitely the wrong color, IMO.
I uploaded a new video to YouTube..
There are 3 cuts - the first is made with the same fw I used earlier today at the beach (v0.32 downloaded this morning and installed manually - could not install latest fw from mSetup.exe), next is v0.26 from previous download, the last I downloaded again a few minutes ago and copied back to card and installed manually. In the mean time I noticed a new program update, and now it is possible to install latest fw from mSetup.
Hope this helps.
test 32 26 32 (0 min 20 sec)


-Jan
jhi is offline Find More Posts by jhi
Last edited by jhi; Jun 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
I uploaded a new video to YouTube..
There are 3 cuts - the first is made with the same fw I used earlier today at the beach (v0.32 downloaded this morning and installed manually (could not install latest fw from mSetup.exe), next is v0.26 from previous download, the last I downloaded again a few minutes ago and copied back to card and installed manually. In the mean time I noticed a new program update, and now it is possible to install latest fw from mSetup.
Hope this helps.
......
-Jan
The structure of the firmware file was modified, so that's the reason you couldn't use the software to install the firmware. As you noticed, that's been corrected.

Your new video is exactly as I expected. The first and last clips show the correct sky colors, whereas the middle clip (v0.26) is not correct. Do you have an explanation why your original clip was azure blue? I don't, but I'm hoping you got the FW mixed up
Thanks for testing. You live in a beautiful area.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:35 AM
jhi
Registered User
jhi's Avatar
Norway
Joined Jun 2009
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
The structure of the firmware file was modified, so that's the reason you couldn't use the software to install the firmware. As you noticed, that's been corrected.

Your new video is exactly as I expected. The first and last clips show the correct sky colors, whereas the middle clip (v0.26) is not correct. Do you have an explanation why your original clip was azure blue? I don't, but I'm hoping you got the FW mixed up
Thanks for testing. You live in a beautiful area.
Thanks for confirming the reason for my first fw update challenge No problem, I have done manual updates on my #16 many times, and the procedure is well documented by some good people at the forum...
Sorry - I have no explanation for the colors, and I am not able to repeat the shots today. Maybe the blue sky combined with the reflection on the fjord made a difference?

Just for fun I took some stills of the sky with Mobius (latest fw) and HTC One for comparison - see attached..
.
jhi is offline Find More Posts by jhi
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:39 AM
Arcee Moron
Justapoke's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu View Post
Hey everyone,
To celebrate the Mobius being released we from today until Sunday (23:59 GMT) we are offering free shipping on the Mobius and accessories, bike mount, car mount, and the helmet mount (this will be in stock shortly and if pre-ordered before the end time free shipping will still apply). So if you want to receive your item quickly and with free shipping go to www.JooVuu.com and use the following code:

freemobiusshipping

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Dan

Well I just ordered one, 3 items left in stock now.

But the "freemobiusshipping" code did not work. Told me code was already used.
Payed anyway, but wonder if we get a refund for this?
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Well I just ordered one, 3 items left in stock now.

But the "freemobiusshipping" code did not work. Told me code was already used.
Payed anyway, but wonder if we get a refund for this?
I Agree. Atleast we could get a free tracking number and maybe a top classified waterproof case
xardinen is offline Find More Posts by xardinen
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:24 AM
Arcee Moron
Justapoke's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
782 Posts
A free memory card would be nice...

Hope to get the camera soon, I'm used to order the 808's from eletoponline365 in China but figured this time it would be faster from the UK to the Netherlands. Free shipping would have been the icing on the cake!

We'll see how JooVuu handles this.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:24 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post
Turned out it wasn't even "a couple of days"
When will I be able to get the helmet mount? Also, when will there be a waterproof+dustproof case?
Wanted to buy the camera + helmet mount to save a few $, but it may not be worth the wait. Going to order the mobius right now.
What kind of base would a "real helmet mount" have. It would need to adapt to many different curved surfaces. maybe one will be offered later, but I think I could certainly adapt the flat adhesive plate mount to any helmet I have with a little ingenuity (and maybe a few small bolts)
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:30 AM
Camera Reseller.
Joined May 2013
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xardinen View Post
I Agree. Atleast we could get a free tracking number and maybe a top classified waterproof case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
A free memory card would be nice...

Hope to get the camera soon, I'm used to order the 808's from eletoponline365 in China but figured this time it would be faster from the UK to the Netherlands. Free shipping would have been the icing on the cake!

We'll see how JooVuu handles this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Well I just ordered one, 3 items left in stock now.

But the "freemobiusshipping" code did not work. Told me code was already used.
Payed anyway, but wonder if we get a refund for this?
Problem has been solved. If you have placed an order with us please contact me at info@joovuu.com and we will refund you your shipping costs.
JooVuu is online now Find More Posts by JooVuu
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:40 AM
Arcee Moron
Justapoke's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JooVuu View Post
Problem has been solved. If you have placed an order with us please contact me at info@joovuu.com and we will refund you your shipping costs.
Cool.. you have mail
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:48 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhi View Post
My first video with the latest FW - v0.32.
.
Link to Vimeo https://vimeo.com/69230564
Sorry, I am not a Vimeo Plus member, and it looks like Vimeo down converts the 1080p upload to 720p.
I may become a Plus member later, in the meantime I shall try to upload to YouTube in 1080p..

Link to YouTube..
http://youtu.be/kGx76sl_6zc
Vimeo allows just one 1080p video (500 mb limit, I think) per week to be uploaded in their basic (free) hosting service. Any uploads after the first during the same week will be encoded in 720p mode. It renews every sat at midnight.

But more importantly, your sample is .MP4, not .MOV and it has obviously been edited and re-encoded before you uploaded to Vimeo. I D/L your original upload and found the data rate is only about 2500 kbps! An un-edited native video in 1080p Standard quality mode it should have about 15000 kbps data rate, 6 times greater than your edited version! I thought your lens might be out of focus, but hard to tell with such low data rate. Your scenery is GORGEOUS, but the video doesn't do it justice.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:03 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2013
91 Posts
Quote:
What kind of base would a "real helmet mount" have. It would need to adapt to many different curved surfaces. maybe one will be offered later, but I think I could certainly adapt the flat adhesive plate mount to any helmet I have with a little ingenuity (and maybe a few small bolts)
A GOOD helmet mount helps a lot with vibration. I know I can make one - already did for a flashlight with industrial velcro straps and zip ties, but I wanted to see what kind of helmet mounters would be offer.
You can't do a business without extra accessories, even so with a so called "Action Camera" - people want to mount it in very different surfaces, out of the box and don't mess around with velcro straps and/or zip ties. I'm going to make one myself, but if I see a good cheap one, I'll buy it. The same for the handlebars if I need too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Vimeo allows just one 1080p video (500 mb limit, I think) per week to be uploaded in their basic (free) hosting service. Any uploads after the first during the same week will be encoded in 720p mode. It renews every sat at midnight.

But more importantly, your sample is .MP4, not .MOV and it has obviously been edited and re-encoded before you uploaded to Vimeo. I D/L your original upload and found the data rate is only about 2500 kbps! An un-edited native video in 1080p Standard quality mode it should have about 15000 kbps data rate, 6 times greater than your edited version! I thought your lens might be out of focus, but hard to tell with such low data rate. Your scenery is GORGEOUS, but the video doesn't do it justice.
Was going to post the same thing. Download the original too and noticed the very low bitrate...
Any reason why you need to re-encode it?
PedroDank is offline Find More Posts by PedroDank
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:32 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDank View Post
A GOOD helmet mount helps a lot with vibration. I know I can make one - already did for a flashlight with industrial velcro straps and zip ties, but I wanted to see what kind of helmet mounters would be offer.
You can't do a business without extra accessories, even so with a so called "Action Camera" - people want to mount it in very different surfaces, out of the box and don't mess around with velcro straps and/or zip ties. I'm going to make one myself, but if I see a good cheap one, I'll buy it. The same for the handlebars if I need too.



Was going to post the same thing. Download the original too and noticed the very low bitrate...
Any reason why you need to re-encode it?
A very robust handlebar mount is already available as a camera option!

There's no reason a video needs to be re-encoded just to upload to these hosting sites. Even trimming out unwanted sections or adding/deleting sound tracks can be done via a direct copy process without re-encoding the video stream.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Heli Pad Review Series: SYMA X3 Quadcopter Review Heli Pad Mini Multirotors 110 Sep 18, 2014 07:56 PM
Discussion Olypic II is under construction now Texas Buzzard Sailplane Talk 16 Aug 10, 2014 12:54 PM
Video Quad filming roller coaster under construction Brian_ Multirotor Talk 1 Mar 04, 2013 01:19 PM
Todd's Tiny under construction Tres Wright Parkflyers 30 Jun 23, 2002 11:20 PM