HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2013, 01:08 PM
Bolingbrook, IL
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
Discussion
FDR-PRO: Problem with Airspeed measurement

Hi Bill,

It is me again! After having problems with e-logger V4 and returning it (Ticket # 987882) I quickly purchased an FDR-PRO + 100A electric expander for our flight tests. I've just come from the field where I've installed FDR-PRO into 3 different planes (each equipped with ET pitot tubes on the wings far away from prop wash). It recorded everything (amps, volts, altitude, RPM) except for airspeed in each one of 3 planes. I think there might be a problem in the pitot sensor (total pressure sensor), static pressure sensor seems to be working though.

Is there any diagnostics that I can run to find out if that is the case? Or any suggestions to resolve the issue?

Thanks
Wise_Man is offline Find More Posts by Wise_Man
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2013, 07:29 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Did you enable airspeed recording in the hardware setup? That's the only reason I can think of for recording nothing.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old May 03, 2013, 09:59 AM
Bolingbrook, IL
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
Yes, I enabled airspeed recording.

I also did a few experiments by gently applying mouth pressure into the pitot port and suction to the static pressure port. The former doesn't cause any change in airspeed but the latter cause an increase in altitude measurement. That makes me thing that pitot pressure sensor is not working at all.
Old May 03, 2013, 04:55 PM
Bolingbrook, IL
Joined Jan 2009
137 Posts
OK, Since I haven't heard back, I opened up a ticket (Ticket #751948).
Old May 03, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,934 Posts
Hi, we'll follow up with you in the ticket system.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor