HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:06 PM
chronic in training
L.A. beautiful san fernando valley
Joined Nov 2008
1,830 Posts
Help!
what to use to mask epo using liquitex paint

trying to to diff colors top and bottom... have rubbed epo with denatured alcohol..sprayed first color... masked it with painters tape that I had put on the carpet first to lessen some of its tackyness... but paint still came off when I peeled it... any suggestions??? should I spray a clearcoat over the first colored side then add the tape ????? maybe that would work.. what is a good brand of clearcoat that works with liquitex btw??
grfcon is offline Find More Posts by grfcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:36 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,405 Posts
The problem with EPO is getting paint to adhere to it- the surface needs to be scuffed so the paint can key to it, or you need some kind of adhesion promoter on the EPO.

I'm experimenting with a light coat of (foam safe) 3M Super 77 as an adhesion promoter and, while the verdict is still out, initial results look promising. I started a thread in the Foamies kits section called "Priming EPO- Eureka moment?" which documents some of the experimenting.
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd