HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2014, 07:55 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
2,260 Posts
Put the error (avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00) you got into a google search. There are a number of reason for this and it is a very common error with Arduino.

What is the Com Port number reported by Device Manager? Sometime Arduino has trouble with high numbered ports.

I just re-loaded my Flip 1.5 to re-check the Arduino setting. It worked without an issue so the setup I listed is correct for the Flip.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2014, 07:57 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Hi, Please what GPS module is compatible with Flip MWC 1.5?
benchiedu is offline Find More Posts by benchiedu
Old Sep 04, 2014, 11:29 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,913 Posts
waltr did you ever get your mini H drift issues sorted out?

I have a c250 from bangood using a Flip 1.5 with quad X multiwii version 2.3 fw,Cobra 1960kv motors spinning 6x3 props powered from a 3s 2200 battery and i'm having some issues with drift on the pitch axis (also some issues on roll but trying to figure out one axis at a time).

The quad is balance perfect and hovers nice in stable or horizon,when flying in acro (as i mostly do) and letting go of the sticks it pitches back and have to catch it before it goes over.
Also will pitch forward when letting go of the sticks during the same flight.
I've increased I on pitch and although the craft feels a bit more "stiff" since the increase the drifting it still there as can be seen in the video.

I did read you had increased "D" on yaw to help with the drifting but haven't read if that solved your issues or if anymore adjusting was needed.

multiwii v2 3 drift issue (1 min 56 sec)
ridgewalker is offline Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Sep 04, 2014, 12:15 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Jan 2014
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
waltr did you ever get your mini H drift issues sorted out?

I have a c250 from bangood using a Flip 1.5 with quad X multiwii version 2.3 fw,Cobra 1960kv motors spinning 6x3 props powered from a 3s 2200 battery and i'm having some issues with drift on the pitch axis (also some issues on roll but trying to figure out one axis at a time).

The quad is balance perfect and hovers nice in stable or horizon,when flying in acro (as i mostly do) and letting go of the sticks it pitches back and have to catch it before it goes over.
Also will pitch forward when letting go of the sticks during the same flight.
I've increased I on pitch and although the craft feels a bit more "stiff" since the increase the drifting it still there as can be seen in the video.

I did read you had increased "D" on yaw to help with the drifting but haven't read if that solved your issues or if anymore adjusting was needed.
Keep increasing 'I' on pitch (about 0.003 at a time) until it holds the angle in Acro mode. I do this tuning flying LOS as it is easier to see what is happening.

What are your current PIDs?
Old Sep 04, 2014, 01:00 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,913 Posts
Here is a screenshot of the current settings...
Old Sep 04, 2014, 10:04 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Feb 2012
669 Posts
trying to load sketch to multiwii boar and I am getting this message:
avrdude: stk500_getsync () : not in sync: resp= 0x00
does anyone know what this means and how to fix the problem.
dynam is offline Find More Posts by dynam
Old Sep 05, 2014, 09:39 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,913 Posts
usb on side

I want to have the usb on the side rather than on the front so it's easier to plug in at the field.
Looking at the sketch (v2.3) i see lines of code to change sensor orientation.
Quote:
/* enforce your individual sensor orientation - even overrides board specific defaults */
//#define FORCE_ACC_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.accADC[ROLL] = Y; imu.accADC[PITCH] = -X; imu.accADC[YAW] = Z;}
//#define FORCE_GYRO_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.gyroADC[ROLL] = -Y; imu.gyroADC[PITCH] = X; imu.gyroADC[YAW] = Z;}
//#define FORCE_MAG_ORIENTATION(X, Y, Z) {imu.magADC[ROLL] = X; imu.magADC[PITCH] = Y; imu.magADC[YAW] = Z;}
I think i just need to change the roll to "X" and the pitch to "Y" and then maybe reverse the control in the tx if needed,(no need to change mag since there isn't a mag sensor on the board).
Is that all that needs to be changed?
Old Sep 05, 2014, 09:59 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Aug 2010
100 Posts
You should just get the Bluetooth. I use my tablet. It's super easy.
ferebeed is offline Find More Posts by ferebeed
Old Sep 05, 2014, 10:19 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,913 Posts
Thanks for the tip but on this one i'd rather just rotate the board 90* and have the usb on the side of the quad frame.
Old Sep 07, 2014, 10:26 AM
Firmware Fiend
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2013
1,649 Posts
Hey Paul, you ever going to respond to your emails and send me the replacement BS12As for the 4-in-1 board I sent back to you?! I'm not the only you're trying to duck, so I suggest checking your email and responding, the way reputable vendors do. I won't be going away anytime soon, so I suggest you address this issue.
The Quasar is offline Find More Posts by The Quasar
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Cap-bill Mobius Mount
Old Sep 09, 2014, 10:36 PM
Multiwii noob
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Jul 2012
251 Posts
Has anyone used the mini i2c-gps on the pimped flip 1.5? Trying to get it setup and can't seem to get it to go. Any suggestions? There seems to be little guidance on it.
pacoswava is offline Find More Posts by pacoswava
Old Sep 20, 2014, 02:45 PM
Las Vegas NV
Joined May 2005
52 Posts
Is anyone using the Flip 1.5 with the FT Electrohub? I just set mine up and I am having an issue with my RR motor not spooling up until 1/2 throttle. I want to try to run the ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY... but I am not sure which sketch file to download from the RTF Dropbox. I do not see one on there labeled for spiderquad and I'm nervous to download the standard X config in fear of resetting the board that has already been tuned by Paul.

Any thoughts?
Raptor3dPilot is offline Find More Posts by Raptor3dPilot
Old Sep 20, 2014, 03:29 PM
Las Vegas NV
Joined May 2005
52 Posts
Ugh, well that was easier to fix than expected. I just removed all of the ESCs from the flip 1.5, connected the ESC that would not power up correctly to the RX, plugged in the battery to get power to it and calibrated the ESC through the TX. Spools up just fine now.

Now here is the problem, I figured this out about 5 minutes too late because I just went ahead and loaded the MultiWii_Flip_NORMALQUADX file from Dropbox in order to try the ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY (which didn't work by the way)... so I believe now I have configured my spider quad for the normal quad X format. Ugh...
Raptor3dPilot is offline Find More Posts by Raptor3dPilot
Old Sep 20, 2014, 04:31 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Jan 2014
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3dPilot View Post
Ugh, well that was easier to fix than expected. I just removed all of the ESCs from the flip 1.5, connected the ESC that would not power up correctly to the RX, plugged in the battery to get power to it and calibrated the ESC through the TX. Spools up just fine now.

Now here is the problem, I figured this out about 5 minutes too late because I just went ahead and loaded the MultiWii_Flip_NORMALQUADX file from Dropbox in order to try the ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY (which didn't work by the way)... so I believe now I have configured my spider quad for the normal quad X format. Ugh...
Just edit the config.h file to change from QUADX to the HEX6 (I think this is the correct one). MW is nice due to how easy it is to configure to your needs.
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
NTX Helidillos
USA, TX, McKinney
Joined Sep 2009
1,533 Posts
The spider quad and standard x use the same sketch. You can tweak the mixers if you want but usually it just means the pids for roll and pitch might be slightly different. But they don't have to be
tonkajeep34 is online now Find More Posts by tonkajeep34
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Burl wood Taranis Case