SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I was going to get a Master 200 C/P until the servo issue. Futaba 3114's are $15.00/ Hi-Tech 5055's are $18.00 each. This was made for flyer moving on up to 6ch and this sounds like a deal breaker with faulty sevos. Hope Walkrea improves servos.
Walkera released a metal geared servo for their V450F01 after numerous complaints, but that servo cost as much as an equivalent Align DS410M. The Master CP was built down to a price and that was why a battery and charger was not included. Buying 4 batteries and a balance charger could cost over $100.

If HobbyOne is not going to relist the replacement servo gears, I am inclined to try either the Futaba s3114 or the GS-9025MG from Aliexpress.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Walkera released a metal geared servo for their V450F01 after numerous complaints, but that servo cost as much as an equivalent Align DS410M. The Master CP was built down to a price and that was why a battery and charger was not included. Buying 4 batteries and a balance charger could cost over $100.

If HobbyOne is not going to relist the replacement servo gears, I am inclined to try either the Futaba s3114 or the GS-9025MG from Aliexpress.
I just picked up three more batteries....GensAce 1300mah and they should fit if the dimensions listed are correct. Should give a nice flight time increase. Best thing is it only cost 35.00 shipped
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:54 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
So are we saying that you buy this as a trainer with moderate TX settings it will crash as stock out of box ?? That Walkrea builds a new bird in 200 size that is defective and unflyable stock ? I like this heli and can not believe they offer a new product that has serious issues. Batteries/ charger we all need for every heli no big deal. I have two Devo 7 TX's. I don't care about extra features. I understand many products could use upgrades. Has reveiweer crashed his stock bird or was it changed ?
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
So are we saying that you buy this as a trainer with moderate TX settings it will crash as stock out of box ?? That Walkrea builds a new bird in 200 size that is defective and unflyable stock ? I like this heli and can not believe they offer a new product that has serious issues. Batteries/ charger we all need for every heli no big deal. I have two Devo 7 TX's. I don't care about extra features. I understand many products could use upgrades. Has reveiweer crashed his stock bird or was it changed ?
As far as I know, everybody has been able to fly this thing straight out of the box with existing Mini CP or V120D02S settings. I went inverted immediately on the first flight. All my crashes have been due to pilot error as i had trouble in timing the flips at first.

I have not seen any other serious issue except the servos. Those servos were originally designed for flybarred helis where there is much less stress on the servos. I wouldn't worry too much about it. A lot of Align 450 FBL owners had to switch out the stock servos as well for more expensive ones.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Sep 28, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,245 Posts
OK, thanks for reply, sounds reasonable. Old story you fly, you goona buy sooner or later. Cheers
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
note: the servos DO have to be reversed with the MasterCP but it's an easy affair with the 20.00 hitec programmer. Also, the other great thing about the programmer is you can set your travel and centering exactly like you want. I have a perfect 90 on every servo. Well worth the upgrade.....Tom, if you haven't seen the thread. I have already converted the MasterCP to brushless. I still have yet to get to a nice field to open it up though.....hoping to do so this weekend.
I have been following your posts to see how you were doing with the servos and brushless.
Good job on both! Let me know how it performs in the field.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
dankar04 ,

The Master CP flies great out of the box. It is ultra stable and smooth flying!
It won't crash on its own and the settings I posted work well. I have standard, beginner, and 3D settings.
The only issue is when crashing the servos are stripping much easier than they should.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:14 PM
Tuguegarao City Philippines
Joined Sep 2012
375 Posts
expensive heli with such serious issues. good thing i read these threads first before buying one. can you replace master cp's servos with emax ES08MD?.
xtian3188 is offline Find More Posts by xtian3188
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtian3188 View Post
expensive heli with such serious issues. good thing i read these threads first before buying one. can you replace master cp's servos with emax ES08MD?.
Hi,
i am flying with the ES08MD, but its no plug and Play, you have to modify the mainframe an the rear servoholder to make them fit. Also the servos themself have to be modified.
The hardest thing is to make the front servo fit in.
Totaly it took me 2 hours to mount the servos
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,232 Posts
the hitec's take all of 2mins to modify to fit but you DO have to pay extra for the programmer if you want to reverse them.....unless you don't mind taking them apart to reverse the motor wires.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:52 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
Which servos don't need reversing?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:12 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
the hitec's take all of 2mins to modify to fit but you DO have to pay extra for the programmer if you want to reverse them.....unless you don't mind taking them apart to reverse the motor wires.
Hi, sorry for my stupid question, but my english ist not the very best. What do you mean with "programmer"? Is it possible to modidy the firmware on the rx? One reason why the servos get stripped is, that the motor has a "soft power off" even when you use "throttle hold". That means the motor spinns down with a delay with 1-2 seconds, even when it should switch off immediatly after a crash.

I hope you guys understand what i mean
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by addifromgermany View Post
Hi, sorry for my stupid question, but my english ist not the very best. What do you mean with "programmer"? Is it possible to modidy the firmware on the rx? One reason why the servos get stripped is, that the motor has a "soft power off" even when you use "throttle hold". That means the motor spinns down with a delay with 1-2 seconds, even when it should switch off immediatly after a crash.

I hope you guys understand what i mean
There is an accessory that you can purchase for hitec digital servos that allows you to program many of the servos functions. You can program the centering, travel, speed, direction...etc. As far as powering down, I don't remember having that problem but I never flew my MasterCP stock, I took it straight to brushless.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
Thank you for your feedback :-)
At stock the motorpower remains about 2 seconds after power or throttle off. In case of a crash, when the master is lying in the side, he is doing a "chickendance" and is killing the servo gears.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 01:40 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,804 Posts
Anyone?

Hs5055mg and programmer on route

But

Was wondering why couldnt a person reverse servo via programmable tx? Is it because of Walkera electronics or?

Also does this programmer only work in hitec servos?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Last edited by Razors edge 29; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:26 PM.