HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:54 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
@gww528

thanks a lot for your posts and your fast help
now it is clear for me.
great user support in this forum

thanks again
sportcam is offline Find More Posts by sportcam
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
Has ANYONE setup and used the HFG Controller on a Photoship One 3x V2Pro Gimbal with any luck?

Anyone?

Thanks
wingo1 is offline Find More Posts by wingo1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:02 PM
JZSlenker's Avatar
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Aug 2011
377 Posts
http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...7823#post77823
JZSlenker is offline Find More Posts by JZSlenker
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:23 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,193 Posts
Earlier I think I seem that you need something additional for the Cinestar gimbal to make it work and they were going to change this has this been done. Thinking about using one on the Cinestar 2 axis gimbal and if so which firmware is working good now.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
80 Posts
"This version of the firmware corrects the roll drift (sometimes described as a yaw axis coupling) error that was present in the previous version of the firmware..."

Is this correct? Is the drifting horizon & yaw axis coupling problem fixed with the latest firmware (1.8)?

I would like to buy the HFG (currently using WKM gimbal stabilization), but the roll drift always kept me from it...
To those who fly DJI : Do you see a big improvement over the WKM stabilization overall?

Your feedback will be much appreciated,

Regards,
Jim.
jimbril is offline Find More Posts by jimbril
Last edited by jimbril; Dec 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
jerrymeister's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
479 Posts
Like night and day for me. I was also using wkm for gimbal until I got the Hoverfly

Jerry
jerrymeister is offline Find More Posts by jerrymeister
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
80 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Jerry.

What about the drifting horizon? Is it fixed with the new firmware?

Regards,

Jim.
jimbril is offline Find More Posts by jimbril
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:40 AM
Registered User
jerrymeister's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
479 Posts
I never really had the drift problem in ver 1.7. I have had it happen, but very seldom.
jerrymeister is offline Find More Posts by jerrymeister
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:42 AM
Registered User
jerrymeister's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
479 Posts
I should also say I have not tried ver 1.8 yet, as winter is here in WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbril View Post
Thanks for the feedback Jerry.

What about the drifting horizon? Is it fixed with the new firmware?

Regards,

Jim.
jerrymeister is offline Find More Posts by jerrymeister
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:55 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Gary: Have you tried 1.8 for HFG and has it helped any, and if so in what ways? I was one of those guys who was stuck at V 1.03 but my shielded box fixed most of the issues I was having (bad horizon, etc.). I still get a slightly jerky movement from the the HFG and gimbal and I would like to try one more time to sort this out. Any thoughts on this?
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
Registered User
GGoodrum's Avatar
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancherpete View Post
Gary: Have you tried 1.8 for HFG and has it helped any, and if so in what ways? I was one of those guys who was stuck at V 1.03 but my shielded box fixed most of the issues I was having (bad horizon, etc.). I still get a slightly jerky movement from the the HFG and gimbal and I would like to try one more time to sort this out. Any thoughts on this?
Yes, I've tried v1.8 r0, but not the latest one. I did not see the same sorts of problems with the yaw coupling that I've seen with v1.5-v1.7. One thing that I've been working of late, however, is vibration reduction. I'm beginning to think that Dan may have been right all along, in thinking that this has to be vibration related. What I'm testing now is putting isolation right at the motors. By doing that, we've been able to get away from using extra isolation at the camera tray, like we've been doing for cameras that are particularly sensitive to jello, like the RX100 or the Hero3 Black, in the 2.7k/30p mode. What were finding before is that with our standard silicon isolators, used in our Isolated Mounting System, we needed to run the tension fairly loose, and then add extra isolation at the camera baseplate, in order to get the smoothest video. The problem is that in wind gusts, or in fast forward flight, we'd get a lot of what I call micro-bounces. To get rid of the micro-bounces, you need the silicon isolators tight, with everything below the IMS rigid. Now to get rid of the jello, we are looking to eliminate as much of the vibration as possible ahead of the IMS isolation.

Anyway, since we mount the HFG board with the gimbal, on the isolated side of the IMS, I believe it will work better with the notion of keeping everything south of the IMS isolation as rigid as possible, and add extra isolation right at the source.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:59 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Yes, wrong foot, for sure. I got a little defensive, sorry.

Anyway, after the holidays, I will also try playing with the board's orientation, to see if that makes a difference. I really think the answer, however, is going to be in figuring out why v1.03 seems to work a ton better.

-- Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Yes, I've tried v1.8 r0, but not the latest one. I did not see the same sorts of problems with the yaw coupling that I've seen with v1.5-v1.7. One thing that I've been working of late, however, is vibration reduction. I'm beginning to think that Dan may have been right all along, in thinking that this has to be vibration related. What I'm testing now is putting isolation right at the motors. By doing that, we've been able to get away from using extra isolation at the camera tray, like we've been doing for cameras that are particularly sensitive to jello, like the RX100 or the Hero3 Black, in the 2.7k/30p mode. What were finding before is that with our standard silicon isolators, used in our Isolated Mounting System, we needed to run the tension fairly loose, and then add extra isolation at the camera baseplate, in order to get the smoothest video. The problem is that in wind gusts, or in fast forward flight, we'd get a lot of what I call micro-bounces. To get rid of the micro-bounces, you need the silicon isolators tight, with everything below the IMS rigid. Now to get rid of the jello, we are looking to eliminate as much of the vibration as possible ahead of the IMS isolation.

Anyway, since we mount the HFG board with the gimbal, on the isolated side of the IMS, I believe it will work better with the notion of keeping everything south of the IMS isolation as rigid as possible, and add extra isolation right at the source.

-- Gary
Gary: Thanks for your detailed reply. I am not sure what you mean by this: "What I'm testing now is putting isolation right at the motors." can you explain? I have also worked a great deal with trying to eliminate all vibration from props, motors, etc. I have soft silicone dampeners incorporated in my gimbal mount at the frame and again with a secondary camera mounting plate that also has its own set of 4 smaller soft silicone dampeners. Did 1.8 help with any little jitters or jerkiness? I just can't get this thing as smooth as I would like.
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
I have a relatively new S800 with AV200 Gimbal, WKM FC and HFG. My motors are balanced to perfection as are my props (and hubs). There is no vibration whatsoever making it to the HFG as it is mounted to the front of my gimbal which is very well isolated from vibes. Despite my best efforts I continue to get this annoying little twitches which ruin my video. I have tested all versions of the HFG firmware but still get this result (I have tried mode 1 and mode 2). I have tested endless combinations of gain settings yet I still have these twitches. If you look at this video and pay attention to the horizon in particular you will see how it jumps around. It does this in ATTI and GPS flight modes. In this video I am in ATTI mode so as to take the GPS factor out of the equation.

I would be grateful if anyone would be willing to look at this and offer any thoughts as to what might be causing this. Happy New Year.

Test-S800-HFG-AV200 (2 min 10 sec)
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:06 AM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
791 Posts
Where do you mean by "mounted to the front of my gimbal". Do you have a picture or can you explain futher? Actually pictures would be optimal, to see position relative to other influences also. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Where do you mean by "mounted to the front of my gimbal". Do you have a picture or can you explain futher? Actually pictures would be optimal, to see position relative to other influences also. -- JOHN
John: Thanks for your comment. My HFG board is mounted to the front of the gimbal and at the highest point. If you look at an AV200 gimbal it has the name Photohigher cut into it on the top/front. This is where the HFG is located with the bottom of the gimbal board against the front of the gimbal itself and the power port pointing down. It is mounted with its original silicome mounts too. The mounting would be called "Bottom Front" in the HFG setup assistant. It should be a pretty typical mounting spot for these. I have tried many other spots as well. I am going to lower my gains on the S800 considerably later this morning to see if this helps. I am at an elevation of 7,000 MSL. At just 15 degrees F. (as it was yesterday when I was testing) this would be a density altitude equivalent of approx. 4,000 ft. and 80 degrees F. So, if my gains were suitable for the summer time and higher temps they may no longer be suitable for this cold weather. I did notice that the craft seemed hypersensitive to stick input so this may have been an indication that the gains were too high. Also; I just switched to FW 5.16 on WKM so this may have effected some things as well. I'll post my results later. Thanks.
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Last edited by rancherpete; Jan 02, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion DJI Wookong-M Owners Thread *Pics*Videos*Settings* Z06 Tony Multirotor Talk 1780 Sep 03, 2014 08:28 AM
Discussion HoverflyGIMBAL Demonstration Videos photronix Hoverfly Technologies 10 May 18, 2012 03:53 PM
Link HoverflyGIMBAL Manual and Setup Client hoverben Hoverfly Technologies 1 May 17, 2012 02:25 PM
Discussion HoverflyGIMBAL - Input Voltage? Manual? defxxx Hoverfly Technologies 10 May 17, 2012 01:54 PM
New Product HoverflyGIMBAL - Now Shipping! photronix Multirotor Talk 9 May 15, 2012 12:46 PM