SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 29, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined May 2010
255 Posts
If u use a wookong or something in between, the wookong determines the esc rang we it sends. You cant calibrate that. And because you are not calibrating the esc but the tx with castle, it doenst mak a difference; )
vinnygogo is offline Find More Posts by vinnygogo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:53 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Feb 2002
670 Posts
Was E-flight the first company to really do out runners other than the CDrom stuff? I don't remember now.
DownInFlames is offline Find More Posts by DownInFlames
Old Apr 30, 2013, 02:21 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,768 Posts
I tried the calibrate the throttle idea and that did not work.
I just got a call back from CC after I had called them yesterday. As soon as I said I was working on an issue with my quad, they said they could not help me on the phone and I would have to e-mail some guy there that knows about quads. Not sure why the quad guy they have could not just call me back??? I don't really think he will be much help, he will prob just say send them in.
Anyway the guy I did talk to said if I wanted to turn in my old CC25's it would be $45 each not the $25 that Bernie said. For $45 EACH, I do not know if it is worth it. Maybe buying the cheep Chinese ESC's and flashing them. What is a good set of ESC's to buy and how do I flash them? I have never done this but It sounds easy enough.

Dave
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 30, 2013, 03:03 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Eagle Lake, Minnesota
Joined Apr 2003
5,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA View Post
I tried the calibrate the throttle idea and that did not work.
I just got a call back from CC after I had called them yesterday. As soon as I said I was working on an issue with my quad, they said they could not help me on the phone and I would have to e-mail some guy there that knows about quads. Not sure why the quad guy they have could not just call me back??? I don't really think he will be much help, he will prob just say send them in.
Anyway the guy I did talk to said if I wanted to turn in my old CC25's it would be $45 each not the $25 that Bernie said. For $45 EACH, I do not know if it is worth it. Maybe buying the cheep Chinese ESC's and flashing them. What is a good set of ESC's to buy and how do I flash them? I have never done this but It sounds easy enough.

Dave
Sorry if this offends anyone but you are now on the proper thinking. The so called "cheap" china ESC's are just as robust and reliable as anything out there.

You can buy them reflashed with SimonK for a very reasonable price....

I own "Rapid Drive" reflashed from Hobby lobby and the Hobbyking brand reflashed from witespy. These are both very good ESC,s. I really like the Rapid Drive 25 amp. They are very small and stay very cool.

Links...

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/erc_rapid...ueryId=4324337

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/spe...ultirotor.html

Mike
power is offline Find More Posts by power
Old May 02, 2013, 08:29 AM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,768 Posts
That is what I am going to do. I will get the ones at Hobby Lobby.
Thanks Mike.
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2013, 01:52 PM
Joined Oct 2005
195 Posts
So...

This is on my TBS Discovery.

The setup is AXI motors (2217/20) and Castle ESC's. I have tried low, medium, and high timing settings.. and I am going to go out now and try 12Hz vs 16 that I was using to see if that makes a difference... but, I have a bad feeling it will be the same story..

NOTE - the noise is less under load where I am using some throttle. You will hear it more after my flips, and rolls as I come down lower.. and at the very end, will really hear what I am talking about. I can hear it on the ground as well.

IS this normal? What is that sound exactly? I don't think it's a bearing at all, or anything "mechanical".

Please help!

TBS Discovery Motor "Crackle" (1 min 38 sec)
Tharr62 is offline Find More Posts by Tharr62
Old May 10, 2013, 10:57 AM
Scotland
Joined May 2005
2,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Was E-flight the first company to really do out runners other than the CDrom stuff? I don't remember now.
See
http://www.aerodesign.de/peter/2001/...l#Anker1164462
George Shering is offline Find More Posts by George Shering