HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
I agree you 100%. That's the way it should be ...but...

today i made a test:
- I have two PCB:s. One with original FET and one with bigger FET (CEP73A3G).
- I disconnected first the (+) and then the(-) wire from the PCB to signal converter. In both cases the converter didn't say anything

So....the only way i got this combination function was with the bigger FET and both signal wires connected from the PCB to converter....weard

Right now im struggling with the efficiency of the BL tail motor. It flyes smooth and stable but when i push full throttle .... the Turnigy 1811 kV2000 cannot keep the tail straight. If i put bigger tailpropel the tail kind of waves.....
....next step is to try 9T pinion to the main motor and maybe new BL tailmotor (Turnigy 1811) with more kV:s.

This is crazy....but i just love to do these modifications and solve problems
No those are not the wires I am referring to. You need the + an the - from the PCB to be hooked to the signal converter. It is the + wire coming from the ESC to the signal converter in the 3 wire servo plug the needs to be removed from the plug and taped off. The 2 wires coming from the PCB that originally power the tail motor supply the variable voltage that the signal converter changes to a signal the ESC can use so you need both wires hooked up.
The power wire coming from the ESC supplies 5 volts that would normally be used to power a receiver and servos. That is the wire that should not be required. It is the red wire on the center pin.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
I think someone on here posted that they thought it might help to add resistance to the original tail circuit. Perhaps the brushless converter is too free the power?
I'm not sure how that all works and don't have the pieces to test it.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Today I received my Park 370 4100kv inrunner brushless motor along with a Turnigy Basic 25A speed control.

Where exactly did you get this from?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Where exactly did you get this from?
Ebay USA
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Anyone have any thoughts about this instead of the EH200 (not available) or Park 370 (expensive):

http://www.hobbypartz.com/elite-370-...ess-motor.html
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:18 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
No those are not the wires I am referring to. You need the + an the - from the PCB to be hooked to the signal converter. It is the + wire coming from the ESC to the signal converter in the 3 wire servo plug the needs to be removed from the plug and taped off. The 2 wires coming from the PCB that originally power the tail motor supply the variable voltage that the signal converter changes to a signal the ESC can use so you need both wires hooked up.
The power wire coming from the ESC supplies 5 volts that would normally be used to power a receiver and servos. That is the wire that should not be required. It is the red wire on the center pin.
I tryed that today....the tail ESC didn't function without that red wire from converter to ESC
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:22 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Anyone have any thoughts about this instead of the EH200 (not available) or Park 370 (expensive):

http://www.hobbypartz.com/elite-370-...ess-motor.html
looks like a good contender
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Modified Old Oz Rotor Hoop reinforcement

Its modified since I've actually encased the paper clip in epoxy. I had a clean break at the edge of one of the hoops (see first pict.) which I sealed with cyanoacrylate. Then I used a large paper clip, using the handle of a paintbrush to give the two ends the correct bend. Finally applied 5 minute metal filler epoxy to the side and top and bottom edges, such that the clip is no longer visible. I don't know if this is going to be any stronger than the original Old Oz version. No crash after this to test, but heli did flip to the side while the blades were rotating (but power off) during a landing, and hoops intact.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:40 AM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Servos

Are the servos interchangeable ?
The front servo cost 17$ and the rear cost 7$.. but they look exactly the same to me!

Can I buy two rear servos and be done with ?
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:24 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
Are the servos interchangeable ?
The front servo cost 17$ and the rear cost 7$.. but they look exactly the same to me!

Can I buy two rear servos and be done with ?
Yes they are, just get two rear one's. I checked and the image shows a full length servo horn so you should be ok. If not claim a refund on the grounds they inaccurately described the item
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:34 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
I tryed that today....the tail ESC didn't function without that red wire from converter to ESC
Well, you guys are doing better than me. I can't get it to work at all.
I tried with both the red wire hooked up and not hooked up. The ESC arms properly, but never supplies power to the brushless motor when moving the throttle and rudder.
I checked the ESC/motor using my servo tester and they function fine.
I checked the PCB tail plug and it has power when the throttle/rudder stick is moved. The blue with is positive and white negative and that is how I have hooked the the converter. Either I am missing something, or my signal convertr is a dud.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Jan 2012
511 Posts
The question was asked about this: http://www.hobbypartz.com/elite-370-...ess-motor.html
I bought several of them and put one on one of my f45s. The motor ran so hot that I could not touch it. The EH200 on my other f45 is so much better.
I did not get one of the park motors so I can't give a comparison there.
My feeling is to stay away from those hobbypartz motors.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Does anyone know if this can be substituted for the stock motor and pinion:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-bcp-EFLH1110C
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Yes they are, just get two rear one's. I checked and the image shows a full length servo horn so you should be ok. If not claim a refund on the grounds they inaccurately described the item
Perfect.. just ordered one to get hold on a servo arm (and have the servo as backup.. live in Denmark and there is 3 weeks delay on shipping - better be safe)

I almost bought a Walkera master cp and a mini cp today.
I flipped the coin.. three times negative... clean sign not to buy them... think the wife will kill me or something :0)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
BTW... i crashed again... last night... 15-20 meters..

Dusted it off and went flying again (only the tail support roads were bent)..

Man, this machine is almost indestructible

The same problem i always have... it flies away from me.. i give 100 % reverse cyclic... nothing... i give very, very little throttle.. it moves back a little but gains more hight... i have the throttle on 45 %.. rudder on 60 % ... the rest on 100%...

I think i just need to use the rudder and fly nose in to get it back... i have no problem with forward and left cyclic... only reverse and right... hmm