HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2010, 06:54 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Discussion
R/C Noob seeks opinions on vendors

Hey,
As a newcomer to the hobby, I am just asking for your opinions on some of the different vendors out there. I have been on HobbyLobby, BananaHobby, NitroPlanes, and HobbyKing, and they all seem to have great products available. What are your thoughts?
Doughboy072 is offline Find More Posts by Doughboy072
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:10 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
420 Posts
Just my opinion but as far as customer support and outstanding products, Horizon cannot be beat. They have even replaced parts for me that I told them were long out of warranty.

I have ordered from Tower Hobbies with good luck, only had to return one item and that was painless.

As for some others you have mentioned, I'll leave the comments to those who have purchased from them

Ron
Pilot in MO is offline Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old Dec 01, 2010, 07:41 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,479 Posts
Here is my A+ list of vendors (they are reputable, stand behind their products and value their customers):
Horizon Hobby
Hitec
AlleRC
3DHobby Shop
Tower Hobbies
Hobby Lobby

Before you order from anyone - do a search (Banana Hobby would be a good one to "see" what folks think, before you order). You will usually find some great insight and perhaps you will save yourself some grief.

Another note - Understand the companies not based in the US you really take a huge risk. They generally don't care if the stuff gets damaged, is lost, they shipped the wrong thing, it breaks after 10 seconds. You are left with what you have. So that super cheap price, comes at a price.

You really do get what you pay for.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2010, 08:10 PM
Jody
Cincinnati
Joined Nov 2010
63 Posts
more on vendors

I agree Horizon Hobby has neat toys, including the umx planes. I saw those demo'd at an airshow before they were released to the public and they were so cool, especially The Beast.

I have also previously ordered through Xenon Project with success.
RCTO is offline Find More Posts by RCTO
Old Dec 01, 2010, 08:54 PM
Let the vortex pull my weight.
Joined Aug 2009
287 Posts
You may want to not only do a search here at RcGroups (RCG), but do an internet search as well. Some of companies you mentioned above have shill's here, that chase off anyone that posts anything negative here at RCG and has a problem with a company.
Hasek is offline Find More Posts by Hasek
Old Dec 01, 2010, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasek View Post
You may want to not only do a search here at RcGroups (RCG), but do an internet search as well. Some of companies you mentioned above have shill's here, that chase off anyone that posts anything negative here at RCG and has a problem with a company.
Impossible! RCgroups is constantly monitored by a team of crack internet experts, who will instantly seek out and eliminate any shills.
squidgy is offline Find More Posts by squidgy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:38 AM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Apr 2008
591 Posts
Doughboy - another good vendor is HeadsUpRC.com. Good pricing on many items and only $2 for shipping!! And I am not a shill. Jeez..........
RJD1234 is offline Find More Posts by RJD1234
Old Dec 02, 2010, 04:10 PM
Crossville, TN
Joined Dec 2004
2,907 Posts
A strong 'ditto' for headsuprc !!

non-'shill' art ( LOL )

I totally agree with and endorse Hasek's post #9.
Art Schmitz is offline Find More Posts by Art Schmitz
Last edited by Art Schmitz; Dec 02, 2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Clarity.
Old Dec 02, 2010, 04:22 PM
Let the vortex pull my weight.
Joined Aug 2009
287 Posts
Yep, I agree with HeadsUpRc, Jeff's a stand up guy to deal with. Another place is Lazertoyz.com.

I think you all may have misread what I stated above or I wasn't very clear. I said nothing that someone who says good things about a business is a shill. What I was getting at is that specifically in one of the businesses forum here that Doughboy mentioned, if you have a problem and post it, then there a few people who harass the person and dissect the person's posts to no end. To the point of rather than getting an issue resolved, the person with the problem spends more time defending themselves. It's pretty pathetic. I am not saying that everyone who posts an issue in that vendor's forum is right either.
Hasek is offline Find More Posts by Hasek
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:18 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
HeadsupRC and Lazertoyz Both have no foam EDF jets. I see so many people offer up websites to order from that do not carry edf jets....
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69 View Post
HeadsupRC and Lazertoyz Both have no foam EDF jets. I see so many people offer up websites to order from that do not carry edf jets....

I've never ordered from them but I hear toysonics is a good vendor and never heard anything bad about them. http://www.toysonics.com/edf-jet/

Ken
knlken is offline Find More Posts by knlken
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:11 PM
TEXAS
Joined Oct 2010
874 Posts
Ive searched their website and they have a good selection but ive heard they are affiliated with Banana Hobby ? Anybody that is affiliated with Banana wont get any business from me. Birds of a feather my friend. In fact i wouldn't do business with anybody withing 30 miles of banana hobby lol
On the plus side, i did call their phone number twice and got a answer both times very quick. If i could establish they are in no way connected with the Big Banana i might give them a shot.....
Yort69 is offline Find More Posts by Yort69
Old Dec 03, 2010, 06:05 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
HopMeUp
Ready Heli
A Main Hobbies
Heli Direct
CNChelicopter
Valuehobby
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Dec 03, 2010, 12:06 PM
It's just a plane.
USA, SC, Goose Creek
Joined Aug 2010
2,104 Posts
Horizon Hobby -- great source for planes, etc
Heads Up RC -- Jeff is the man!
Progressive RC -- Chargers and power supplies
Spyder Batteries -- Batteries
2DogsRC - LipoMate
HopMeUp -- Seller on eBay

I've dealt with all of the above and wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of them again.
ZackJones is offline Find More Posts by ZackJones
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:37 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackJones View Post
Horizon Hobby -- great source for planes, etc
Heads Up RC -- Jeff is the man!
Progressive RC -- Chargers and power supplies
Spyder Batteries -- Batteries
2DogsRC - LipoMate
HopMeUp -- Seller on eBay

I've dealt with all of the above and wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of them again.
HopMeUp is also http://www.hopmeup.com/ I believe their prices are cheaper on their website.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD