HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:00 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Skyrocket and Pussyfoot

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to all out there.

This week I introduce the Skyrocket and Pussyfoot from the August 1952 Aeromodeller.

The Skyrocket was not issued as a plan in this edition but as a reduced plan with full size parts, so my rendition tries to emulate what the plan may have been like. The plane itself was designed by William Houghton for the Jetex 100 motor. The praises heaped upon the design by the article are beyond belief - such as 'Best performing Jetex model of 1951' . Well it had some contest success, looks a handy craft and would do well on the contest field. If you choose to build it then let us know how it goes.

The Pussyfoot is a pylon free flighter which shows an ED Bee up front. Now the Bee, although a very respectable engine, is not reknowned for it's power so it was a shock to see it in this format. However this 46" span model designed by Derek du Toit may well bring the best out of one. Interesting I'm sure.

As with all my plans if you do decide to build from it please take extra care and measure twice before cutting, they are only tracings from scans so may contain errors. If you notice any errors please mail me. I will also be sending .dwg files to Steve of Outzone so he can host them on that fantastic site.

All the best

Al
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:25 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogal View Post
... I will also be sending .dwg files to Steve of Outzone so he can host them on that fantastic site...
Aw, shucks.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has posted plans here on these RCGroups threads, and of course to the large number of people who have helped out with Outerzone, from creating CAD files to helping me fix incorrect dates and my typos.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Steve
WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:36 AM
Slovakia, Modra
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
Hello
I plan to look antikmodell Moskito, Swiss design from 1943.
You know me advice?
Helikoff is offline Find More Posts by Helikoff
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:54 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,920 Posts
Is this your Moskito? / Ist das Ihr Moskito?

If so, then it resembles the Comte AC-4 Gentleman.
Wenn dem so ist, ähnelt er dem Comte AC-4 Gentleman.

The aircraft appeared HERE and HERE.

The Russian translates more-or-less as "The design and layout followed the predecessor AC-4 light multipurpose aircraft. The Comte AC-12 Moskito was a cantilever high-wing monoplane. Unlike the AC-4, it had plywood wings instead of a cloth covered structure. Dual controls were standard. Lights and heaters were custom mounted to customer requirements.

Two types of engines were installed: Argus As.8, inline engine (de Havilland Gipsy III) 120 hp (90 kW); or Armstrong Siddeley Genet Major radial engine with a capacity of 140 liters. (104 kW)."

You could modify the AC-4 plan into the AC-11 by lengthening the cabin and changing the fuselage profile.

David
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by davidterrell80; Dec 25, 2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Translated the Russian website
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
Slovakia, Modra
Joined Apr 2010
17 Posts
Thank you, but it's not my Moskito.
Moskito is Swiss vintage model aircraft:
Flug mit Antikmodell MOSKITO (2 min 23 sec)
Helikoff is offline Find More Posts by Helikoff
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:11 AM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,004 Posts
Luscombe Phantom Burd 16 in dime scale

Found in and scanned from Tailspin, March/April 2000. The plan was sent in to Tailspin by Dave Stott, who wrote:
"This is a good bus, as I had one in the air some years back. I'm not absolutely sure, but I probably increased the stab area. It looked odd, when you peered through the cabin windows, to see basic fuselage framework passing by, but not touching the clear window panes. Didn't hurt the model's flying ability. The copy is as good as I could get off the old pulp paper original. I remember the day I bought the kit at Eastern Hardware. They carried Burd and Guillow Kits exclusively."
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:55 AM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,004 Posts
Champion Outdoor Tractor

This is from the Complete Model Aircraft Manual, Revised Edition, Edwin T. Hamilton, 1938, Dodd, Mead, & Co. 35 inch span, simple rubber powered model with stick fuselage
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:25 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Blank Plans

Gentlemen,

I am new to this forum (48 hours) but I joined after seeing and downloading
the plans for several of the tow line gliders I built and flew as a kid. God memories.......

But I have a question.... Several years ago I redrew a set of plans of a large (80" span) towline I built back in the lae 50's. Found it recently afer going through my computer files, but with no identification, no titleblock, no nothing.
and I can't locate the original set of plans.

If I post the plans on this forum, is there anyway to tell what the plane was named, and who designed her ?

thanks for your time

Old_Pilot
Old_Pilot is online now Find More Posts by Old_Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Jetstream Flights
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
Bradford West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2010
1,647 Posts
A few clues may help, your Location, approx year. Every little helps.

Regards Ian.
Circlip is offline Find More Posts by Circlip
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Circlip,

Probably built the kit in the late 50's/early 60's. I think it was an American kit, but not certain.

Sheeted fuselage with compartments large enough for 3-channel R/C, flat top, tapered belly, straight wing (don't know the airfoil), single dihedral, swept tail and fin, paper and dope cover (pre-MonoKote). I built her in red and white, and if I remember correctly, those were the colors shown on the box.

I'm in Memphis, TN

I'll send you the pdf's/.dwg's if that'll help. Didn't want to upload the plans before checking with forum members......you guys seem to be sticklers for dated aircraft, as well you should be......

Thanks for your response.

Merry christmas

Old_Pilot

thanks for your response
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:17 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
One more thing,

It even has plans for the drop off rudder......80" (+/-) wing span, 42" fuselage
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:58 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Pilot View Post
One more thing,

It even has plans for the drop off rudder......80" (+/-) wing span, 42" fuselage
The drop-off rudder rings a bell - see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...51&postnum=755 Post # 755 - could it be a Sinbad/Super Sinbad? Rest of the description fits pretty well, but I'm not sure there was a version as big as 80 inches, the biggest I am aware of was just under five feet.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sundancer; Dec 26, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Mystery Tow Line

All,

This may make it easier......Here's what I have.....two full size plans and a
half size assembly
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,218 Posts
Mystery Tow Line

I also remember that she didn't like to land once airborn....LOL
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:16 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,656 Posts
Right, clearly not any kind of Sinbad!! Beats me, looks like nothing I have ever seen.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member