SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2008, 11:04 PM
Joined Feb 2007
13 Posts
Question
Pakzone Spitfire wing fit?

I just got my Parkzone spitfire RTF in the mail. Looks beautiful and can't wait to fly.But in mounting the wing.....i have the three screws tightened down quite hard and there is still a considerable gap between the top of the wing and the bottom of the fusalage. About 1/8th of an inch on one side and 3/16th of an inch on the other.Should there be that much gap left over? I don't want to tighten down the screws anymore in fear of stripping out the plastic.Thanks
palerider3232 is offline Find More Posts by palerider3232
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2008, 05:53 AM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
There shouldn't be a gap so you might want to double check for obstructions and tightness of your screws. If you still have trouble I suggest you post some pics or call Horizon Hobbies. They do have a very good support line for this type of stuff.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Apr 02, 2008, 06:52 AM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,953 Posts
ditto to what Blake said. I'd check to make sure that the servo wires didn't get pinned between the wing and the fuselage.
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old Apr 02, 2008, 07:46 AM
Glenn
United States, WI, Oconto Falls
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Or....try some shorter screws.
wellington53 is offline Find More Posts by wellington53
Old Apr 02, 2008, 09:20 AM
Joined Nov 2005
4,404 Posts
Make sure the screws are in the holes in the frame.

Keep screwing until the wing is tight to the fuse , the screws are very tight in the plastic frame.

I changed to socket head screws instead of those rotten Philips.
lake flyer is offline Find More Posts by lake flyer
Old Apr 02, 2008, 09:26 AM
Joined Feb 2007
90 Posts
Yes...it sounds like it should sit flush...all the pictures I have seen show it resting flush.
slamson00 is offline Find More Posts by slamson00
Old Apr 02, 2008, 09:49 AM
Pro Horder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,361 Posts
the easy way to check the fit is remove all the screws then set the wing back in place. if it sits flush than the screws are just not tight.If it will not lay flat look for what is holding it off!..they do sit pretty flat to the fuse.sometimes the plastic fillet will have a gap to the wing but not very large.
Scott
turbonut is offline Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Apr 02, 2008, 11:38 AM
Joined Feb 2007
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
the easy way to check the fit is remove all the screws then set the wing back in place. if it sits flush than the screws are just not tight.If it will not lay flat look for what is holding it off!..they do sit pretty flat to the fuse.sometimes the plastic fillet will have a gap to the wing but not very large.
Scott

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I will have to give Horizon a call.

I did try and dry fit the wing without the screws...and the same gap exists. I thought that maybe the screws would "pull" the wing up more but that didn't happen. At this point I am thinking the wing is bent a little more then it is supposed to be. I made sure over and over nothing was in the way (aka wires or other obstructions).

I did notice the foam above the hard plastic on the wing does hit the fusalage foam in the back...mnaybe keeping it from sliding flush into place. I could cut this out easily but not sure I want to do that at this point as it is supposed to just plug and go.

I will play with it some more when I get home tonight...then I will have to contact Horizon as you all have suggested and see what ideas they might have.

Thanks!
palerider3232 is offline Find More Posts by palerider3232