HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2006, 10:05 PM
Strathroy Ontario Canada
Joined Jun 2004
195 Posts
Discussion
Optic 6 switch selection

Hi there.
I'd like to use a switch on my Optic 6 to control the on/off funtion of a camera I installed on my Slowstick. The camera uses a free channel and right
now I have it plugged into the Aileron channel on the reciever. I only have a 4 channel reciever and was wondering if I could program the Optic 6 to use one of the switches for control instead of having to move the aileron stick?

Thanks
Phil
Flyinphil is offline Find More Posts by Flyinphil
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2006, 09:08 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,392 Posts
Use one of the programmable mixes (PMIX 1 or 2) and slave channel 1 (SLV) to channel 5 (MAS) at 100% deflection in both switch positions (Gear switch) (or whatever deflections you need). Go to the switch assignment menu (Mx SS) and permanently enable (ON) the mix you set up. Now when you flip the Gear switch the servo will activate the camera.

BTW, I would use the aileron channel 1 (and the right stick) for the rudder on a RE only plane as the Slow Stick. It is more intuitive for me to turn with the right stick. In this case I'd use the rudder channel 4 for the camera and mix ch. 4 as slave to ch. 5 as master.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2006, 09:30 AM
Strathroy Ontario Canada
Joined Jun 2004
195 Posts
Thanks alot. I'll try that. BTW I do use the right stick only for elvator/rudder.
I mistakenly called the rudder stick the aileron.

Phil
Old Aug 02, 2006, 01:36 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinphil
Thanks alot. I'll try that. BTW I do use the right stick only for elvator/rudder.
I mistakenly called the rudder stick the aileron.

Phil
Then read my previous post like this:

Use one of the programmable mixes (PMIX 1 or 2) and slave channel 4 (SLV) to channel 5 (MAS) at 100% deflection in both switch positions (Gear switch) (or whatever deflections you need). Go to the switch assignment menu (Mx SS) and permanently enable (ON) the mix you set up. Now when you flip the Gear switch the servo will activate the camera.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 02, 2006, 06:11 PM
Strathroy Ontario Canada
Joined Jun 2004
195 Posts
Thanks Ivan, I programmed it as you stated and it works!
First time I ever did that!

Phil