HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by RDIII, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:46 AM
Three cards shy of a full deck
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2012
112 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Number two is a good rule...saves on lawsuits.....
If you forget number two....you can fall back on number ONE.........if you got one.....
cost of AMA membership isn't cheap, but the insurance is well worth it....
A guy from the local club punched a hole in the roof of a neighbor's house with his plane
looked like a meteor went through...insurance covered the damage....luckily
TJWright is offline Find More Posts by TJWright
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,018 Posts
Yeah, I feel the same way every time I fire up one of my 450 helis; they're so popular as a beginner heli, but for that they're actually just the wrong size. Small enough to be very unstable compared to even the next size larger; big enough to do grievous injury. I've already grenaded a main blade on a ground strike; fortunately it it didn't go far before sticking in the dirt.

Thank Ifni for AMA.

mnem
The 11th Commandment: Thou shalt cover thine own arse with AMA Membership.
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:25 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,855 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
Is there a place at the park that you can post a laminated advert for the lost plane?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
Three cards shy of a full deck
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2012
112 Posts
After the close call, I would never even think about flying a nitro plane without a license...
Too fast and too quick to get into trouble....
after switching to electric flight I don't think I will fire up a nitro motor again, besides...
with the shorter range of park flyers and the slower speed, I fly feeling much safer now....
TJWright is offline Find More Posts by TJWright
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:31 PM
United States, MO, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Is there a place at the park that you can post a laminated advert for the lost plane?
they have a bulletin board at the pavilion that is protected from weather and has a case/glass door. if he returns there he will see. i've been going back there the past few days to chat with others there, but no luck so far.
RDIII is offline Find More Posts by RDIII
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Jun 2010
102 Posts
Trader Rating: 138
I thought you were supposed to put a sticker on your airplanes with name, address, AMA number, etc? All of mine have one.... Makes it easy to identify.
Tampatexan is offline Find More Posts by Tampatexan
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jul 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDIII View Post
they have a bulletin board at the pavilion that is protected from weather and has a case/glass door. if he returns there he will see. i've been going back there the past few days to chat with others there, but no luck so far.
Hi, RDIII,

You might want to contact the GSLMA Officers (http://gslma.com/?page_id=55) to see if they could send out an e-mail to everyone who have obtained a Budder Park Permit. The person who lost the plane might not check the RCgroups forum much. Hope that you find the rightful owner.

f14tom is offline Find More Posts by f14tom
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f14tom View Post
Hi, RDIII,

You might want to contact the GSLMA Officers (http://gslma.com/?page_id=55) to see if they could send out an e-mail to everyone who have obtained a Budder Park Permit. The person who lost the plane might not check the RCgroups forum much. Hope that you find the rightful owner.

Great idea! Thanks for the link.
As for the ID stuffs. It doesnt appear to be there.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
sent post/email there at link
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
KG4WXI
USA, GA, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
RDiii Thanks for finding my plane i was using fpv till you took the battery out that is why i can not find it now. If you will please put a battery back in i can find it. I took off from Atlanta Ga. and it was flying good till it hit a flock of buzzards and they though it was dead so they started to picking on it till it had little holes all in it and crashed. you can keep everything but please send my battery back ill put it in another good plane.you did say the battery is good.
kurtis01 is offline Find More Posts by kurtis01
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
USA, CA, Turlock
Joined Apr 2009
130 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
to verify its his if the receiver is still working and its bound then his trx should control it yes? so if he brings his transmitter he can prove its his that way too.
getmeoutofiraq is offline Find More Posts by getmeoutofiraq
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, IN, New Castle
Joined Mar 2010
288 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
i had a sabre 56 profile lost.did a roll and batt came unpluged.low clouds that day.up it went till fuel ran out.probably in a woods or field farmers hasnt turned in so maybe a hunter will find.only 2 weeks old.lost in indiana
shepster is offline Find More Posts by shepster
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered User
United States, KS, Andale
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJWright View Post
cost of AMA membership isn't cheap, but the insurance is well worth it....
A guy from the local club punched a hole in the roof of a neighbor's house with his plane
looked like a meteor went through...insurance covered the damage....luckily
I'm more into cars (hence my low post count on this site), but I'm in Civil Air Patrol (Look it up if you don't know what it is) and I can get an AMA license free for as long as I'm in the program. Now THAT'S something that belongs in the "Free" section.

Oh, BTW I'm the closest to you--I only had to go 250 miles. Thanks for finding it. It's got a car system in it. Mamba Max Pro. It's blue with pink dots and "Candy" written on the sides. Stinks cause that was my best battery. A 4s50p 50000mAh battery.
Plexabit is offline Find More Posts by Plexabit
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,696 Posts
Trader Rating: 122
you could use a very long fishing line tether LMAO
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by irun4fundotca; Oct 27, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
That sucks Shepster. Hope someone gets it back to you.

to Plexabit:

Yes i am aware of CAP. I was in for a few years when i was in High School. Free AMA...Nice. I Throw big props to Civil Air Patrol. Helped me be the Man i am now.
Closed Thread