HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:29 PM
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Jan 2008
171 Posts
I just received this plane today from Tower Hobbies and discovered it was defective.

As soon as it bound to the transmitter, the aileron servo would start whirring very loudly. It was so loud I thought it was the fan. When I saw the fan wasn't spinning, I was like, if it wasn't the fan, what in the hell is that high pitched whirring???

After some further testing I'm fairly certain it was a defective aileron servo. Gears might be stripped or what not, I don't know.

Luckily Tower agreed to exchange the entire plane after I explained that it is a micro model and I would have to cut it open to get to the servo.

Sigh. I was so excited to fly this thing!
kylewp is offline Find More Posts by kylewp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 08:58 PM
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Apr 2012
80 Posts
For Sale: (2) Sabres, (6) Batteries, Anylink, Charger etc (CHEAP)

************************SOLD********************** ****

I've decided to sell my Sabres and thought someone on this thread may be interested.

Includes:
(2) Sabres
(6) Batteries (all good)
Anylink
Charger with AC and DC cords
Instructions and stock box

Planes have some minor damage...nothing major....fly fine

$60.00 shipped

Thanks
bushong572 is offline Find More Posts by bushong572
Last edited by bushong572; Sep 02, 2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:52 AM
Parchment, MI, U.S.A.
Joined Oct 2004
368 Posts
'Conversion' to Blue Angels FJ Fury

Hi all, just getting on to this thread, so don't know if anything at all has been posted similar to this. I've had my F-86 for awhile now, LOVE IT! Definitely the micro with the most FUN. But, I've always preferred Navy aircraft, so recently decided to 'convert' mine to an FJ Fury. As some of you may know, the F-86 design owes it's origins to the FJ Fury project, which was requested by the U.S. Navy. The originally design did not have swept wings because the Navy was concerned about how well it would handle carrier landings and takeoffs, SO the U.S.A.F requested a version with swept wings and the F-86 was born. Eventually, the Navy also ordered swept wing versions and operated them from carriers in the mid to late '50s.
I determined that if I could find 1/32 scale decals (for plastic/ non-flying models), they would work very well on this aircraft. However, I found out that altho there are several 1/32 scale F-86 kits (and decals) available, they are NO FJ Fury kits (and/ or decals) available. SO, I elected to do a Blue Angels theme, even tho the Blue Angels never used FJ Furys in their shows. The decals used are actually designed for use on 1/32 scale F4 Phantom II, which WERE used by the Blue Angels before they converted to A4s.

For my conversion, I ordered a new airframe and had to rip apart the old one for the electronics. I left out the rudder servo because I felt it is really pretty useless in this model. The servo weighed about 2 grams. The paint and decals added about 7 grams, but with the elimination of the rudder servo net gain is only 5 grams, up to 57 grams without the battery.

I also added clear glossy Scotch tape to leading edges of wings and tail surfaces, to add strength, and clear coated entire model with "Pledge FUTURE"
CorsairJock is offline Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Old Sep 12, 2014, 01:53 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,768 Posts
I have a used motor/edf/esc for sale if anyone is interested

send me a pm
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 12, 2014, 09:38 PM
Joined Dec 2013
39 Posts
The Blue Angels color scheme really turned out nice!
MKellyvich is offline Find More Posts by MKellyvich
Old Sep 14, 2014, 05:01 AM
Joined Sep 2014
3 Posts
Late but not too late.

I 've found a shop in Germany that sells the Sabre for 49,99 . Luckily the new Anylink2 is compatible with my Walkera Devo 8S. I know that smart guys mod the 8S itself to make it support the SLT protocol but I think the Anylink2 will work as well. Can't wait to fly my 1st EDF.
Schugy is offline Find More Posts by Schugy
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:35 AM
United States, VT, Plainfield
Joined Nov 2012
45 Posts
For those interested in Spektrum compatibility for their Sabre (and I was), OrangeRx Makes a tiny 415 receiver that's DSM2-compatible and fits right in the Sabre (mine did). It's $10 at Hobbyking, link:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Receiver.html

I also have an AnyLink, but I'm trying to obsolete my Tactic stuff as quickly as possible across any aircraft I have left that run on that system (which occasionally requires a bit more heavy lifting if they're integrating the servos, as I discovered). Nothing wrong with Tactic, just seeking compatibility without the Anylink box stuck to the back.
LackOfAltitude is offline Find More Posts by LackOfAltitude