HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:09 PM
Test Product Destroyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2013
313 Posts
And as LIPOS have been going, I am getting (after full charge) 8 min flights on the stock e flight 1s3.7v500 & 10 min on 600's thanks to turnigy nano techs. Best part is I just use my Dx7s timer @ the above times and I still have 3.75 left after the session so I can properly store the LIPOS as they love to be stored at ~ 3.8. I do this because I don't have a discharger though but it works! I use my rigged VM for measuring with a JST end.
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361236154.936948.jpg
Views: 55
Size: 19.1 KB
Description:
Sinewavz is offline Find More Posts by Sinewavz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:28 PM
Springfield, VA USA
Joined Sep 2008
363 Posts
mQX keyfob camera mount

AWDstylez,

Turboparker is correct to suggest balancing the props will help get better video. A satisfactory camera mount should be firm with a little cushioning between the frame and camera. I found that servo tape and a couple of rubber bands worked fine. The tacky tape keeps the camera from sliding about - The rubber bands hold everything together. I also use a rubber band as a camera retainer strap so that the camera stays with the frame in a crash. Ground clearance was minimal when the camera was mounted under the battery, so I hot glued little foam feet in place to elevate the frame.
AH-64 D is offline Find More Posts by AH-64 D
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:56 AM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Minor detail: I went to the web page:
http://www.amazon.com/Lithium-Polyme...S+lipo+monitor

It mentions "Weight: 0.2 oz (5 g)"
Thanks for pointing out that error on my part. I have corrected my post.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Guys,i need help.. Mqx wont hover even full throttle..
irsyad17 is offline Find More Posts by irsyad17
Last edited by irsyad17; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irsyad17 View Post
Guys,i need help.. Mqx wont hover even full throttle..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isbZkMZkBLQ
You have 3 possibilities
1 Bad motors
2 Bad Battery
3 Bad Mainboard

I would guess #2 most likely

It's not likely that you have 4 almost dead motors, they usually go out one at a time. If one was bad, (that happens more often than any of us would like), the copter would try to lift off and the weak motor side would fall/drop or not lift and the other three would lift the quad and flip it.

The motors seem to be trying to run so there isn't an obvious motor speed controller problem on your board.

That leaves a suspect battery or possibly, but unlikely a weak but not quite broken battery wire that doesn't allow full current to get to the board and motors.

One other thing is that the quad will have trouble if you don't take off with a lot of throttle to break out of the ground effect. That ground effect might even be accentuated by the cloth you seem to be taking off from.

Just some thoughts, but I would sure get a new battery as a start.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:06 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Guys,i need help.. Mqx wont hover even full throttle.
Looks like a bad bind or a bad battery. At startup the left rear prop hesitated. Later, two props stopped completely and two kept running - that is VERY very 'not right.'

Binding:
1. Turn on transmitter and wait at least 5 seconds.
2. When you plug in the battery the light should blink once on and then off.
3. You *MUST* then put the mqx down on a flat surface, right side up, *within* 2 seconds.
4. Wait for the light to come back on, usually within 2-5 seconds.
5. If the light doesn't come on then something else is wrong such as Tx/Rx/battery.

Battery: ARF/RTF batteries are notoriously weak and on rare occasion totally bad out of the box. How many flights do you have on this one? With a 'marginal' battery a few people get only a dozen flights before it goes bad. Not common but not impossible

Regardless, at startup, when one or more props are behaving oddly STOP immediately and don't keep pushing the throttle up because 'whatever' is wrong is probably only going to get worse.
jbarchuk is offline Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Thanks alot guys for the replying. I try already to rebind.Same result.. I actually did a minor crashed.but it still fly normally. Later,after recharge the batts,this happen. Probably battery is the problem..i dont have any 500mah batts now..but I have 2s lipo,what happen if I use it?
One more thing,is it because of the gyro or as3x system is spoil?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Thanks alot guys for the replying. I try already to rebind.Same result.. I actually did a minor crash.but it still fly normally. Later,after recharge the batts,this happen. Probably battery is the problem..i dont have any 500mah batts now..but I have 2s lipo,what happen if I use it?
One more thing,is it because of the gyro or as3x system is spoil?

DO NOT USE A 2S LIPO!!!!! Too much voltage!! It will very likely blow up the main circuitboard. You won't know if you have a gyro or AS3X problem until you can get it to lift off a bit more than you have right now, but that is not likely your problem, and NOT WITH A 2S LIPO.

John
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Heheh..okok...i will never ever use a 2s lipo.. At other forum,some told me they had the same problem.its the mainboard was bad due to short in motor wire..possibly?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:45 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
You have 3 possibilities
1 Bad motors
2 Bad Battery
3 Bad Mainboard

I would guess #2 most likely

The motors seem to be trying to run so there isn't an obvious motor speed controller problem on your board.

That leaves a suspect battery or possibly, but unlikely a weak but not quite broken battery wire that doesn't allow full current to get to the board and motors.
Quote:
I actually did a minor crashed.but it still fly normally. Later,after recharge the batts,this happen. Probably battery is the problem?
Quote:
At other forum,some told me they had the same problem.its the mainboard was bad due to short in motor wire..possibly?
The motor wires in this quad and many other micro quads are only enamel coated wires not more normal vinyl clad, probably to save weight. Those tiny wires get squeezed at both ends of the motor booms. Any small crash could pinch the wires enough to scratch off some of the enamel and cause a short. That's a problem, but as your video shows all 4 motors do after a fashion, try to run, even if not well enough to fly. That makes it seem unlikely that you have a motor wire short, but it could still be possible.

Check the motor arm booms especially where they enter the central quad frame and look for wires that may have been pinched or scratched.

Still it is most likely that you just need a new battery.

Good Luck

John
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:27 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
I'm having some issues with my new mQX that I hope someone can help me with. Disclaimer...I'm new at this.

I have a DX6i and a number of other birds. I'm able to bind my mQX to my DX6i. It responds to the controls as expected. When I'm done, I remove the battery and power down the radio. The next time I go to fly it, I power up the radio, wait 10-15 seconds, and then plug in the battery. The blue LED goes into its rapid flashing mode. There appears to be a few irregular flickers (like it's trying) but it does not bind. If I power down the radio and power it back up holding the "Trainer" switch down and then letting it go (to put it in bind mode), it binds to the mQX.

I've tried different batteries in the mQX and varying distances between the radio and the bird...all with the same results. I'm kind of out of ideas so I'd be grateful for any help. Hopefully, I'm missing something obvious.

-Steve
SJMarty is offline Find More Posts by SJMarty
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Hi john,thank you so much for helping me.i will just go to LHS to identify the problem.. Thank you!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:06 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMarty View Post
I'm having some issues with my new mQX that I hope someone can help me with. Disclaimer...I'm new at this.

I have a DX6i and a number of other birds. I'm able to bind my mQX to my DX6i. It responds to the controls as expected. When I'm done, I remove the battery and power down the radio. The next time I go to fly it, I power up the radio, wait 10-15 seconds, and then plug in the battery. The blue LED goes into its rapid flashing mode. There appears to be a few irregular flickers (like it's trying) but it does not bind. If I power down the radio and power it back up holding the "Trainer" switch down and then letting it go (to put it in bind mode), it binds to the mQX.

I've tried different batteries in the mQX and varying distances between the radio and the bird...all with the same results. I'm kind of out of ideas so I'd be grateful for any help. Hopefully, I'm missing something obvious.

-Steve
I've seen my mQX do this now and then with my DX6i. All I need to do is unplug the mQX lipo and then plug it back in again, and it will usually initialize as it is supposed to. Note that you can do this with the mQX upside down. I do mine that way all the time. The important thing is not to move the mQX while it is initializing, but it doesn't matter if it is sitting upside down when you do it.

Something I have noticed with every one of my helis and the DX6i - waiting very long (I'm talking seconds here, not minutes) after powering the TX on before powering the heli will often fail to initialize the heli, no matter whether it is my HBFP, Blade 400, or mQX. I have found it is best to get the heli battery plugged in ASAP after you power on the DX6i. It seems like the DX6i will only seek a receiver for a very short time, after which it appears to 'stop looking'. Then I have to turn it off, and back on again, before it will lock onto any receiver.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
157 Posts
Here is some sunset video I shot with my MQX this past 4 July 2012.

MQX 4Jul12 onboard HK Wingcam (2 min 43 sec)
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:12 AM
Joined Nov 2011
157 Posts
Oh, also here is my simple mounting method for mounting a small camera such as an 808 or the Hobby King wing cam.

Blade MQX Cheap Easy Camera Mount (5 min 17 sec)
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC