HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:29 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
Discussion
RangeVideo still there?

Has anyone had recent dealings with Rangevideo?

I have had some useful things from them, but one osd board that i wanted tested and sent back (and was received) has produced no results, and all my queries and orders go nowhere. No replies and an investment of some $350 lost, at least for the moment. Others have had similar problems.
It might be wise to wait a bit.
foufly is offline Find More Posts by foufly
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
Joined Mar 2007
258 Posts
I think others have had similar problems for years when dealing with RV. So far I have had no issues purchasing from them and received product quickly, but I have not had to send anything back for repairs/troubleshooting. It seems repairs are the biggest issue and the wait time can be very long. I think everyone so far has eventually got their repair units back, but it would be nice if they warned their customers of the possibility of very long wait times.
Martin V is offline Find More Posts by Martin V
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:09 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foufly View Post
Has anyone had recent dealings with Rangevideo?

I have had some useful things from them, but one osd board that i wanted tested and sent back (and was received) has produced no results, and all my queries and orders go nowhere. No replies and an investment of some $350 lost, at least for the moment. Others have had similar problems.
It might be wise to wait a bit.
You think? I don't know of anyone who has lost a dime with Range Video. If a repair is delayed it most likely is because a necessary part was ordered.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:16 PM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
I hope that is still true . What about queries when I want to spend more money and can't get an order through ?or just want to know what is happening?
And why I am I having to ask this here?!! Ridiculous!
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:39 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
Deal with Tim at readymaderc.com instead. You will never have a single problem. Just look around about what people say about him!! Doesnt fix getting your product or money back, but in the future it will save a lot of hassle!!
lilphil26 is offline Find More Posts by lilphil26
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:41 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
683 Posts
Parts can be backordered but the communication skills from range video have always been a major issue. There are lots of complaints on here already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
You think? I don't know of anyone who has lost a dime with Range Video. If a repair is delayed it most likely is because a necessary part was ordered.
lilphil26 is offline Find More Posts by lilphil26
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:37 PM
It just keeps getting better!
Eureka, CA
Joined Oct 2002
1,533 Posts
Lol. There always seems to be a thread like this during the holidays.
They are a small operation with too much to do and probably no one to do it
this time of year. Others have said the best way to reach them is using the forum
on their website. If that fails try PMing ElCheapo. He always seems helpful.
Blue Sky is offline Find More Posts by Blue Sky
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:54 AM
Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie
Joined Aug 2010
44 Posts
Sounds strange, I've never heard of anyone having major problems with RangeVideo. Maybe BlueSky is right and it's the time of year which alot of businesses slow down in.
cosworthsti is offline Find More Posts by cosworthsti
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:26 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,283 Posts
I just had a stellar experience. I bought the 900MHz Tx and Rx and the Rx was bad. I sent an email and got a reply the next day with an RMA number and information to send it in for testing. I tracked my shipment and the day after it arrived I got another email saying he tested it, and it was bad and he was sending me a replacement. Shortly after that, I got a confirmation email for the order and a second email with the shipping/tracking information. I don't see how anyone could do much better than that.

Jason Cole
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:50 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
Hi Jason, when was that?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,283 Posts
Right before Christmas. My package arrived to him on the 21st.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
After another batch of emails, Vova tells me he can't find my RVOSD!
Fortunately I kept his email confirming receipt of it. Now I want to be shot of it and reimbursed so I can use that $300to go on with the hobby. I have never had any use of it (or the money!)
When will this end?
Old Aug 05, 2014, 02:01 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Nov 2013
60 Posts
Range video: quick to ship! Slooooo to repair/replace
Beachbreak is offline Find More Posts by Beachbreak
Old Aug 05, 2014, 05:01 PM
Joined Feb 2014
38 Posts
Talk about thread necromancy...
sscott.za is offline Find More Posts by sscott.za
Old Aug 05, 2014, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2006
440 Posts
I have have an order coming tomorrow that was quickly shipped. That said I remember "lack of communication " complaints about RV from years ago! I think the problem is that he's from somewhere in Europe originally - (east?) My understanding that the European view on customer service is vastly different than whats expected in the States. I hear that Germany is particularly bad?

Also, I think he was a very young dude when he started, but that part isn't as true as it was 5 years ago.
Wmacky is offline Find More Posts by Wmacky