No 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:11 PM
I can 3 point
Mount Dora Florida
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
What do you think

Just wondered where we stand with this, definitely a warbird but electric and a model of a jet. Is this OT.
Good Luck
Paul
Paul Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Paul Wilson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:13 PM
I can 3 point
Mount Dora Florida
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
And another
my 17 pound 80 inch me262
Last edited by Paul Wilson; Sep 18, 2003 at 08:16 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2003, 08:20 PM
Function Over Form
Connecticut
Joined Feb 2000
1,043 Posts
Warbirds, I view as anything WW2, well, Vietnam too, if you include the sandys! I have no problem with it.
BillH is offline Find More Posts by BillH
Old Sep 19, 2003, 05:15 PM
VicRC
Burbank, California
Joined Sep 2003
439 Posts
That looks too good, you best not post it here...LOL. It make my airplanes look terrible.

Electric, why not. I am planning for 88" electric P38. I think it is a warbird too.

Vic
fw190 is offline Find More Posts by fw190
Old Sep 19, 2003, 06:47 PM
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Sep 2003
140 Posts
looks Good to me Paul!
sent it too and I'll fly it for you
Todd
tburley is offline Find More Posts by tburley
Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:54 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Nice job Paul, very nice indeed.

If she's electric then strictly speaking she belongs in the Scale Modelling forum under the Ezone Forums tab. This forum is under the Fuel tab.

it would also be right at home in the electric Jets forum, where leccy Me-262s have been discussed at length.

You would probably get more views and discussion in either of those two forums.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Sep 21, 2003, 08:24 PM
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
I think it's F A N T A S T I C ! I don't care if it's E-powered or not! Leave it on this forum. Beautiful job.

Dave,
ME262 envy
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:01 AM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2003
1,762 Posts
I will be building this beautiful bird this coming fall/winter. Currently trying to buy everthing for it The ME-262 is my very favorite warbird. A dream for me will come true. I opted to go also electric de to the reliabiltiy on the motor as well as costs. 2 turbines are out of my range.
How does yours fly Paul ? I wrote you a PM about this bird a couple of days ago. Did you get it ?

Ulf
Ulf Rieder is offline Find More Posts by Ulf Rieder
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:58 PM
I can 3 point
Mount Dora Florida
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
Sorry Ulf,
I have not flown this yet, I am not sure if or when. I have had some interest in it so I may let it go. I need to be in the 2k area.
That would leave just receiver and battery.Has 2 Aveox 1412/2y with midi and 36 rc2400 per plus all JR servos and CJ retracts.
Thinking about upgrading to lipo to get the safety margin I would like but I am a prop guy at heart and have too many projects on line.
Back to the topic, I posted this as it is in my opinion quite on topic for a warbird forum but I know that many people , especially on these forums try to seperate epower from carbon fuelers. They also seperate jet from prop. All these are quite understandable but I was hoping for some input from the users as to what they think. Personally I think that the common link for a warbird forum is not just the flying of heavy metal but the love and respect for the history of the machines involved. I have preferred areas of expertise but am able like many to offer help on all areas of historic reference concerning warbirds and would be happy to have any and all rcgroups users posting on this forum regarding this topic no matter what type of warbird they needed help on. That would include all methods of propulsion, model and fullscale. We could however limit our topics regarding propulsion and construction advice to prop powered fuel planes. this would give a centralised place for all RCGroups users to find and request historical data regarding military aircraft from all eras and types. I do not know if this would be too complicated but as this is a new forum I would like users input for the site owners to see

Good Luck
Paul
Paul
Last edited by Paul Wilson; Sep 23, 2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 07:00 AM
Say no to ARFs
Manchester Municipal, New Hampshire, United States
Joined Sep 2003
159 Posts
Paul,
I am with you. Matters not what the power plant is. A warbird is a warbird.
Hans
Heavy Date is offline Find More Posts by Heavy Date
Old Sep 23, 2003, 07:19 AM
Carrying a lot of weight!
West Tennessee
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Wilson
Personally I think that the common link for a warbird forum is not just the flying of heavy metal but the love and respect for the history of the machines involved.

That would include all methods of propulsion, model and fullscale.

this would give a centralised place for all RCGroups users to find and request historical data regarding military aircraft from all eras and types.

The first 2 lines are 100% spot on! EP and IC are means to and end. We choose our propulsion to suit our individual needs and skills. This does NOT alter the fact that a warbird is a warbird soooo, I feel that all warbirds should be welcome.

That last line up there, is that a typo? RC who??
(Edit by moderator Paul "oops")

Just funnin'!

I'm glad you're here Paul. Thanks

Dave,
RCU refugee
therotund1 is offline Find More Posts by therotund1
Last edited by Paul Wilson; Sep 23, 2003 at 04:54 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 08:19 AM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2003
1,762 Posts
Well, I totally agree with you also Paul, and don't see why this bird shouldn't belong in the Warbird forum. After all it is a warbird, and this is the only warbird forum we have.

Ulf
Old Sep 23, 2003, 08:39 AM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
Ulf, speaking of Warbirds...when do we get to see some Stuka photos??

And Paul, that is an extremely fine ME-262. The power plants don't matter to me, the bottom line is it is a very nicely executed model airplane!!
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Sep 23, 2003, 08:43 AM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Houston, TX
Joined Jun 2003
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffery
Ulf, speaking of Warbirds...when do we get to see some Stuka photos??
Soon my friend soon . Will take some next weekend. Beautiful Ziroli Stuka. I love it.

Ulf
Old Dec 07, 2004, 10:15 AM
Queensland Country town not to fa from Brisbane
Joined Dec 2004
8 Posts
wow! great looking warbird and an important historic one at that, how does it fly?
roger75 is offline Find More Posts by roger75