HK has spare parts back in stock .
Just ordered a new canopy
wizzard363 is offline Find More Posts by wizzard363
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 12:39 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
I havent been in this thread in a while. Whats the top speed anyone has reached? I need to get mine out of storage and fix it up a bit. Miss flying this fun little plane!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old May 19, 2012, 10:49 PM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
129 Posts
Here's my set-up bought a exceed ducted fan motor 2200kv 500w($30) 45 amp ecs hobby king and to top it off a 4s 1300mah 65c thunder power. Radar gun tested 118 mph!!! Gonna change prop size from 6x5.5 to 5x8 to see if I can get more speed out of her. The plane is strong I've gone in three times. Cut a air inlet at bottom front and exit hole in the rear canopy. I used a carbon rod in the front of canopy plus four magnets and I still use blendderm tape to hold it on. Change your servos to metal gear and epoxy the cradles in. Put skid fins on outside of servos. I changed my elavons from foam to wood and used hinges plus tape. Use dual rates high for take off and low rates for inflight and landing. This set up is a must try!!! The only real cost is the thunder power battery. They handle high discharge rate perfectly. Good luck!!!
Jyester is online now Find More Posts by Jyester
Old May 22, 2012, 11:11 PM
Porro et Sursum
Australia, New South Wales, Lismore
Joined Oct 2010
173 Posts
Ohh Yeahhh. Skyfun on the way from the Aussie warehouse.
2836 2350kv, 2200 4s 40c zippys, 5x5 props, 60amp plush, MG14's, carbon spar going in.
Hopefully 200+ kph.
Can't wait should be here friday or monday.
I think i'll go some rudders too for the boomerang effect.
Thanks for all the info lads. Once again rcgroups, or more correctly, the members
have all the mail.
Cheers.
Flying V is offline Find More Posts by Flying V
Old May 23, 2012, 04:03 AM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying V View Post
Ohh Yeahhh. Skyfun on the way from the Aussie warehouse.
2836 2350kv, 2200 4s 40c zippys, 5x5 props, 60amp plush, MG14's, carbon spar going in.
Hopefully 200+ kph.
Can't wait should be here friday or monday.
I think i'll go some rudders too for the boomerang effect.
Thanks for all the info lads. Once again rcgroups, or more correctly, the members
have all the mail.
Cheers.
Flying V try ducted fan motor they work better for trying to achieve speed! Good luck!!!
Old May 23, 2012, 06:08 AM
Porro et Sursum
Joined Oct 2010
173 Posts
I will try this eventually
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

And maybe this on 6s
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...90mm_EDF_.html
Old May 23, 2012, 10:33 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,582 Posts
Lost my Skyfun in this farmers field on the maiden flight... rates were too high for me and the thing looked like a launched missile with a broken guidance control. I ended up just cutting the throttle and hoped for the best landing / crash.

You wont believe how hard it is to find anything in this

idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old May 23, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Soybeans and Corn (elephant high) are just as bad.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old May 24, 2012, 12:13 AM
Porro et Sursum
Joined Oct 2010
173 Posts
Good Luck. Shouldn't be too difficult. Just trample everything till you step on it.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
flying or crashing into air?
Australia, VIC, Langwarrin
Joined Feb 2011
1,328 Posts
Fitted a new NTM 3000kv motor and just did some bench testing with a new 4S pack
Skyfun NTM Prop Drive28-36 3000KV 755W Motor Bench Test (0 min 42 sec)
wizzard363 is offline Find More Posts by wizzard363
Old May 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying V View Post
Good Luck. Shouldn't be too difficult. Just trample everything till you step on it.
Found it !!

But it was difficult...think I loss 5 lbs walking back and forth in the sun in a search pattern.

It was no where that I thought (at the end of the field)....it was more like half way down and only found it by 'accident' walking back in to check another spot.

Anyway, very slight damage but adding this buzzer to this Tx controlled on/off switch - like a SOS beacon should something like this happen again, I can home in on it.
Last edited by idletime; May 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old May 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
Found it !!

But it was difficult...think I loss 5 lbs walking back and forth in the sun in a search pattern.

It was no where that I thought (at the end of the field)....it was more like half way down and only found it by 'accident' walking back in to check another spot.

Any way, very slight damage but adding this buzzer to this Tx controlled on/off switch - like a SOS beacon should something like this
happen again, I can home in on it.
idletime you need high rates only on take! The rest of the flight on low! 60-65 low rates 70-100 on high! Once your up throttle back and flip to low rates the plane is still agile!! Good luck
Old May 24, 2012, 10:50 AM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
129 Posts
I see a lot of pilots going for the gold! I've found that thunder power batteries are the best for trying to achieve speed. They have the high C rating at 65c. My skyfun loves these batts. I've discharged a 4s 1350mah 65c pack in about 4 minutes and pack was barely warm. I've used sky lipos with 40c 4s 1300 and puffed it on third flight. So now I launch, trim and fly with a few speed passes mostly just cruising. Try thunder power they have the technology and light weight packs. That's all that will power my jet....
Old May 24, 2012, 11:17 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
idletime you need high rates only on take! The rest of the flight on low! 60-65 low rates 70-100 on high! Once your up throttle back and flip to low rates the plane is still agile!! Good luck
Thx for the suggestion....I was going to go down to 35-45 because it was so 'out of control' it scared the out of me.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:18 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
idletime,
What Tx are you using?
If you have a Gear switch, just hook the buzzer to Gear on the Rx.
The buzzer is actually made to hook right up to an Rx.

The catch to that buzzer is (A) if you lose Rx contact you can't trigger the buzzer and (B) If the battery disconnects you have no buzzer.
They have another buzzer that will sound after 1 minute of lost radio contact or if you turn the Tx off if you still have contact.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13064
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs