Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:27 AM
Find More Posts by CaptJac
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,392 Posts
Yippee!
FAQs 103-V2 has arrived !!!

FAQs 103 is a compilation of questions taken from the beginner's forum. It is a continuation of FAQs 101 and 102. It doesn't have lots of pretty pictures. It is not meant as a a substitute for FAQs 101 and 102. If you are just beginning - recommend reading those first. They are beginner friendly. They start from the ground level. FAQs 103 is after take off. It assumes you are already flying. All the questions have been taken from the forum and rephrased – rewritten – edited – condensed – expanded – and everything but shredded and encrypted to insure the removal of the identity of the original poster. All the answers are my own – there is no guarantee they are the correct answers – but they were the best ones I could think of at the time. They are based on real-time experience. They are based on long-time experience. They are organized, collated, and presented in an informative, factual, sometimes in your face, mannerism and style. I'm not publishing it. I'm not paying a publisher which means you don't have to pay the publisher. It's FREE!! Did he say free?? YES!! It is a gift of gratitude. Gratitude for allowing me to be part of your learning experience. Gratitude for giving me purpose. Gratitude for your trust. Gratitude for your encouragement. I have a defective gene. It's called a ‟teacher's gene”. It is not curable. After retiring as a college prof for 10 years I hoped it would diminish. But it only grew worse. I started learning about RC helicopters to keep my mind busy. It wasn't enough. I started writing books. The Phoenix Simulator Flight School was air-born 6 years ago. My defective gene has been helping students ever since. There is nothing I can do but feed it and it has a voracious appetite. FAQs 103 isn't finished - it will never be finished. All I can do is try to keep up with it. Much like this hobby – the technology is moving so fast if you stand in one spot for more than a month – the ‟obsolete” ground crew will be scraping you off the runway. I'm making the FAQs available soon – today – as soon as I finish typing this. It will be the first of a continuous series. How many will be in the series? Ask me in 6 months. How do you get a copy? Scratch your email on this post. You can encode it if you think a troll will get it – I'll figure it out. Feel free to make copies. It is in normal PDF format so no special reader is required. Pass the word. Pass a copy. Pass the donuts and coffee! PLEASE SHARE YOUR COMMENTS. You don't have to like FAQs 103. Some may hate it. Like it or hate it - share it. Share your opinion. Share your reading experience. Have a great read!! Have a great flight!! Have a safe flight!!

Airman's notice - the 2nd volume has just completely flight tests. It has been retrofitted with the latest technology. There is no publisher to navigate through. It is very fast. It can reach your computer in the time it takes to push the "send" button on my computer. Have a great read!!

captJac
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CaptJac; Aug 27, 2015 at 03:26 AM. Reason: that's what writers do - edit what they wrote.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:47 PM
Find More Posts by Janneo
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Limmared
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Faq103

Hello!
I would love to have a copy.
Have bought and read FAQ102
Janneo is offline Find More Posts by Janneo
Old Aug 12, 2014, 01:41 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janneo View Post
Hello! I would love to have a copy. Have bought and read FAQ102
Glad to fly one out to you - but can't get off the ground without an email address.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:00 PM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Sorry!
I'm old but new on this forum.

janne.o@mac.com
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by sambini
Joined Aug 2011
18 Posts
I'll take a copy

Send to radstersam@gmail.com

Thanks
sambini is offline Find More Posts by sambini
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by frekin
Portugal, Azores, Conceicao
Joined Jan 2011
57 Posts
A copy to timthebaker@telus.net would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.
frekin is offline Find More Posts by frekin
Old Aug 13, 2014, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Got the book. Thanks alot. I like this stuff. New to the hobby you don't have a clue how much there is to learn. You help us whith that. You talk a lot of Blade mcp x, what about a Nano cpx?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by RWData
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,096 Posts
CJ, you are a legend
I will be your ambassador to feed my novice club members with the word.
Your previous works (1&2) have been soaked up, I particularly liked your 'Q&A' bits where the answers were same (e.g. Never or Never). This new (3) will be greatly received by our club members and surely be an inspiration to achieve more
Here I am.... area50@virginmedia.com
Best.... R
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:45 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,392 Posts
Thank you RW for your kind words and encouragement. FAQs 103 has taken off and should be in your mailbox before you finish reading this! There is a lot of "collective" wisdom in that FAQs - wisdom that has been collected and passed onto me and I am delighted to pass it along. Have a great read!!

captJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:11 PM
Find More Posts by Mevanvt
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
I'd like a copy please. Mevanvt@yahoo.com. Thanks captain!
Mevanvt is offline Find More Posts by Mevanvt
Old Aug 30, 2014, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by sharon_rasta
Joined Aug 2014
15 Posts
i would like a copy. thank you.
sharon3581@gmail.com
sharon_rasta is offline Find More Posts by sharon_rasta
Old Sep 02, 2014, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by JW57RC
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
345 Posts
I would appreciate a copy. This is great reading and very helpful.
jwdiehl13@icloud.com
JW57RC is online now Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Sep 03, 2014, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by W0WG
Landings are not optional!
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Would love to have a copy of FAQs 103, please.
Many thanks,

mewarren@icloud.com
W0WG is offline Find More Posts by W0WG
Old Sep 22, 2014, 03:01 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,392 Posts
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2014, 10:56 AM