New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by darkmanvr6
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Mar 2014
57 Posts
Ugh!

And to think I turned off my soap operas on television to check out whats new on the thread There are entirely too many contributors with incredibly extensive knowledge of this awesome plane (mine is stock and doing well) to be bickering! Fly it like you stole it Happy landings fellas. Thanks for all of your insight
darkmanvr6 is online now Find More Posts by darkmanvr6
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Gravity is weak but persistant
United States, NY, Port Crane
Joined Aug 2009
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
So my plane must be amazing, stock motor, stock prop, stock spinner and no issues.
Mine too for the year + I've owned it so far.

No sense replacing things 'till they break. If I wanted a different plane I'd a bought a kit or a airframe-only ARF. ;-)
Charlie P (NY) is online now Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Old Today, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Joined Apr 2012
240 Posts
Mine

Mine is starting to nock! What motor is the best of the Power 60's?? the 400kv or the 470k?? Thanks Buck
Buck Shot is online now Find More Posts by Buck Shot
Old Today, 08:41 PM
FM
Find More Posts by FM
FM
No Static
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2012
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot View Post
Mine is starting to nock! What motor is the best of the Power 60's?? the 400kv or the 470k?? Thanks Buck
470 for sure...upgrade your esc too. I chose the power 60 and talon 90. Swings a 16x8 nicely. You will need to do a few simple mods if this what you choose to do

Just me though. ...flip back a page or two and enjoy reading other options.

FM is online now Find More Posts by FM
Old Today, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by CyberJay
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FM View Post
Just me though. ...flip back a page or two and enjoy reading other options.
LOL indeed

-J
CyberJay is online now Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Today, 09:16 PM
Find More Posts by Prof100
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideslip View Post
JP,
I don't need to search, I've been participating on this board since near the beginning. I've seen all the problems. I believe that had those folks called Castle, their problems would have been solved. I have made that call and found the CS and technical people at CC to be very friendly and helpful.

Once again I'm glad you are happy with your setup. The Carbon Z Cub is one of the best foam planes on the market. All anyone has to do is look at the size of this thread to prove that.

I would like to ask, what outdated info you speak of?

The Power 60 is still a very viable motor as is the Talon 90 still a good choice of ESC. True there are others on the market. But none of us here on this thread are qualified enough, nor have we tested them all enough to say without a doubt that one is outdated and that they need to be replaced by something else. Many choices out there. All we can do is try to offer advice. Yours seems to favor HK equipment. That's fine....but my choice of E-flite Power 60 470KV and Castle Creations Talon 90 is neither inferior nor outdated.

Have a pleasant evening,

Bert

Hi Bert,

The Power 60 470 KV and 90 amp Talon is the benchmark upgrade for the CZ Cub. It doesn't get any easier.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
Old Today, 09:29 PM
Find More Posts by jrtubb
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,915 Posts
I'm willing to take all the Power 50s, 60 amp ESC and AR635 that people don't want. I actually have a spare Splendor airframe my son wants setup for trying some pattern competitions.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
Old Today, 09:34 PM
Find More Posts by Jeepworld2002
Joined Jul 2015
33 Posts
Let the pissing begin
I got a 635 if your Interested. I fly no gyro ATM. Since I fly dmss pm me
Jeepworld2002 is online now Find More Posts by Jeepworld2002