HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
622 Posts
Rant
Congrats IDIOT!!!

You just killed this hobby......

Flying a drone over the White House fence.....Really?
DbleX is online now Find More Posts by DbleX
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
2,086 Posts
They're going to kill it anyway. Enjoy it while it's here. The USA is one of the most restrictive places on earth now. When I retire I will move to a more free country like China so I can enjoy FPV.
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
United States, AL, Mt Olive
Joined May 2010
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
They're going to kill it anyway. Enjoy it while it's here. The USA is one of the most restrictive places on earth now. When I retire I will move to a more free country like China so I can enjoy FPV.
Caught myself laughing out load when I read this but then quickly stopped when I realized it's partially true.
KaudiTT is offline Find More Posts by KaudiTT
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Probably an FAA agent did this on purpose. Now they can say "see we told you we had to do something" now they have free reign to "regulate"
stxsrt is offline Find More Posts by stxsrt
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,239 Posts
Just keep in mind, it's already totally illegal to fly drones in D.C., so this is
just a case of ignorance and stupidity. It's sort of like the thousands of folks who
try to walk through airport security with guns on their person or carry-on luggage.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/23/travel...ber-guns-2014/
Being illegal doesn't stop stupid, or determined.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2006
2,086 Posts
Well it's similar to guns in that every time some whack job does something crazy everyone wants to ban guns. As if it's the tool that is the problem, and not the jack-wagon holding it.

SSDD.
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
514 Posts
Its a pity. It could easily be someone from inside that was flying it but then again if he was one of the stuff working in there he might as well have picked it up himself.

I hope they do not put some extreme law against fpv.

Also, I wouldnt want to be that guy that did this. Maybe since he is stupid enough to fly there he will be stupid enough to come out and say ''hey this is my drone I would like it back''
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM
Greece, Attica, Ellinikon
Joined Jan 2014
514 Posts
Here are the news:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2793775...at-white-house
giteart is offline Find More Posts by giteart
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM
Australia, NSW, Ingleburn
Joined Mar 2013
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
You have one of the most free countries in the world. Ask those at Tiananmen Square about restrictive places to live. In the USA you can post on forums like this your displeasure at the Government. Try that when you move to China.

Not having a go at you mate but seriously your country is pretty good. Idiots who fly model aircraft into the Whitehouse are those who you should be upset with.

V2
v2rocketeer is offline Find More Posts by v2rocketeer
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
Watch this be a flyaway or something -- dude was just out flying his quad, up and away it went.. and it just happened to crash near the white house.
zeeinbc is offline Find More Posts by zeeinbc
Last edited by zeeinbc; Yesterday at 03:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Joined Mar 2006
2,086 Posts
It crashed at 3am according to a story I just read. Apparently the guy works in the government and he turned himself in. What is he doing flying a drone in DC at 3am? As we suspected he's an idiot with a DJI quad. God help us.
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM
United States, AL, Mt Olive
Joined May 2010
33 Posts
Reagan saw this sort of thing coming, he had that tree planted there.
KaudiTT is offline Find More Posts by KaudiTT
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rocketeer View Post
You have one of the most free countries in the world. Ask those at Tiananmen Square about restrictive places to live. In the USA you can post on forums like this your displeasure at the Government. Try that when you move to China.

Not having a go at you mate but seriously your country is pretty good. Idiots who fly model aircraft into the Whitehouse are those who you should be upset with.

V2
This spoken while there's an unconstitutional travel ban in New York tonight after 11:00 PM.

"You're not allowed to use the roads that your tax dollar pays for because you might need emergency services that your tax dollar also pays for!"

I think New York is slowly but surely surpassing California as the US's token experiment in communism.
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rocketeer View Post

V2
None taken V2, as a son of a retired Marine Vet, the husband of a 15 year Navy wife still serving, and as a First Resonder serving this country, I have earned my right to speak freely. If I knew the offender I would. Trust me. but in this Country we create processes from lessons learned from other idiots who Live here. So no offense taken.
DbleX is online now Find More Posts by DbleX
Old Today, 01:07 AM
Ing. Alberto Torres Bueno
United States, CA, Calexico
Joined Feb 2007
35 Posts
Come and fly here in Mexico
Betomxl is offline Find More Posts by Betomxl