HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2015, 01:12 PM
Joined Jun 2010
301 Posts
Discussion
Domestic Violence / Guns

Yesterday 3 people where killed in a Florida Mall. The mall was shut down for what reason I don't know. Huge financial loss and disruption.

Typical domestic violence. The bad guy headed for Mall to kill his ex woman who was working there. . A co-working jumped in trying to save her life and was killed by the bad guy. The bad guy then shot him self. At least that what I read.

What would you do? I would have done now the same as I would have done in my prime. Run like H and don't get involved. At least I'm honest . I'm very old you know and I didn't get here by being stupid.

I did a very rough survey of gun deaths in Domestic Violence. Looks like maybe 65%.. If there is a gun in the house a women has a 5X more chance of being killed.

This is a big Feminist issue and I read a lot of spin. While the stats may be spun there really is a huge problem with guns in DV cases. . Who is more likely to have a gun? Left or Right winger? I think the Right but can't prove it.

My State is working on a new gun law . If you are arrested for Domestic Violence you forfeit your right to have a gun. That's with out a trial The cops search your house and seize all guns. If convicted you forfeit your gun rights,for ever. Just Like a Felon does.

Sounds good to me,except give the Government an inch and they want a foot.

I just did a rough study of Americas high Gun death rate compared to the rest of the word.Take out suicide by gun, separate whitey from the Majority Minority and the US doesn't have a problem. However like it or not we are in the same stew pot. A gun bullet is an equal opportunity death.

Diversity sucks, Unity is needed .
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:35 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,748 Posts
Seems almost obvious what happened. 57 year old guy married to 33 year old woman. There was an issue from the get-go.

She left him for another or others and he wig'd. No justification for sure but I am betting she took a bit of his wealth with her or was attempting to.

Just spitballing.
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jan 18, 2015, 08:50 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Funny how that works, they can cheat on you and STILL get your money.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jan 18, 2015, 09:03 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,748 Posts
Yup

Lawyer will tell you it really doesn't matter and is super hard to prove.

All she has to do is say you hurt her feelings or made her cry or some such. She suffered mental anguish.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 08:23 AM
Senior Gravity Checker
Tampa, Florida
Joined Mar 2001
1,052 Posts
Problem is that domestic violence is a he said/ she said issue. I know in NY when the cops come someone is going to jail and that usually is the man. She could have been swinging at you like Joe Frasier but once the cops show up you know who is going to jail. The system is unfair towards the man. Any automatic penalty with no trial seems dangerous. Also the cops get a free search of your home....can they search your computer?

On the bright side no sane person would have guns around the home while there is the possibility of domestic dispute. Stash your stuff in a storage unit or at a friends house.
kist2001 is offline Find More Posts by kist2001
Old Jan 19, 2015, 08:32 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,748 Posts
Ya, she knows where it's at too
Old Jan 19, 2015, 08:34 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,748 Posts
Guy at DM AFB was shot by wife while he slept. She left him to die but he woke up with a belly ache and called 911. She was cheating and needed him out of the way.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 08:43 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post

My State is working on a new gun law . If you are arrested for Domestic Violence you forfeit your right to have a gun. That's with out a trial The cops search your house and seize all guns. If convicted you forfeit your gun rights,for ever. Just Like a Felon does.
As far as I know, the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban passed in the mid nineties is still in effect. Tell your state to let the Feds handle it.

From the linked article:

Quote:
The act bans shipment, transport, ownership and use of guns or ammunition by individuals convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, or who are under a restraining (protection) order for domestic abuse that falls within the criteria set by 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(8). The act also makes it unlawful to knowingly sell or give a firearm or ammunition to such persons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti...fender_Gun_Ban
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:06 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56 View Post
As far as I know, the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban passed in the mid nineties is still in effect. Tell your state to let the Feds handle it.

From the linked article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesti...fender_Gun_Ban
Too bad they can just buy one online from an individual or go to a gun show. That needs to change.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...for-years?lite
Sherlock is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:23 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
Too bad they can just buy one online from an individual or go to a gun show. That needs to change.

Quote:
Shooter bought gun two days after court issued restraining order that demanded he turn in firearms.
Criminals don't abide by laws.

Prior to the 1968 GCA, guns were sold mail order. Bad guys were kept in "real" prisons on long sentences and the mentally ill were institutionalized. Those are the policies that should be reinstated.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:33 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
382 Posts
No reason to let them buy from a law abiding citicizen over the internet or at a gun show. Why make it easy for them?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:33 AM
Fool on a Hill
Joined Apr 2014
47 Posts
Quote:

What needs to change is a complete realignment of laws that prosecute people who USE guns to commit violent crimes and not on the mere act of someone acquiring a gun for any purpose that has NOTHING to do with intent of committing a violent crime with it.

The way laws are written today, a person who acquires a gun in violation of some "gun law" (with no intent of using it to victimize anyone) is going to end up in prison just as long as a person who actually intends and does use a gun to commit a violent crime.
Depot is offline Find More Posts by Depot
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:35 AM
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Sep 2006
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depot View Post
What needs to change is a complete realignment of laws that prosecute people who USE guns to commit violent crimes and not on the mere act of someone acquiring a gun for any purpose that has NOTHING to do with intent of committing a violent crime with it.

The way laws are written today, a person who acquires a gun in violation of some "gun law" (with no intent of using it to victimize anyone) is going to end up in prison just as long as a person who actually intends and does use a gun to commit a violent crime.
Yeah the death penalty really stops all those murders.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:35 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the death penalty really stops all those murders.
It limits them to one per customer.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:38 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,736 Posts
Quote:
No reason to let them buy from a law abiding citicizen over the internet or at a gun show. Why make it easy for them?
I want to make it even harder for criminals and the mentally insane by locking them away from society. That way, they're unable to hurt anyone with anything, including their bare hands. We should do it for the children.