HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2014, 12:40 AM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined May 2012
884 Posts
Discussion
Ritewing RC 47" Zephyr III Preview

Here is a quick preview of the Ritewing Zephyr III (3). Just got it unboxed today so I am going to share some pictures of what was in the box. I will be doing a build log so look for that in a few days ( maybe next week ). This is the latest design from Chris Klique and it is a beauty. The Zephyr lineage really shows as this thing features the same zephyr 2 foil, but with a new central fuse with tons of room, a new 2 piece motor mount, and is able to be broken down into 3 separate pieces.

The foam is injection molded EPOR, just like the Zephyr II. This wing has a wingspan of 47" and is a bit smaller than the Zephyr II, which was I believe 54 inches. The wings feature channels for LEDS as well as built in system for connecting the wings to the fuse, using O-rings. From just looking at the kit you can tell Chris has really put some thought into the design. I can notice right away that this build is going to be even easier and quicker than the Zephyr II.

Anyways, here are some pictures, I'm sure Chris at Ritewing will make an announcement soon.
Hmerly is offline Find More Posts by Hmerly
Last edited by Hmerly; Sep 01, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2014, 01:36 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
716 Posts
I like it
seems like they got away from the wing only design but its a nice look

I really like your catapult
where can I get one of them
satgod is offline Find More Posts by satgod
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:23 AM
Joined May 2012
884 Posts
That catapult is not mine. Its something Chris at Ritewing made to launch his planes that held very expensive camera gear.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:24 AM
Joined May 2012
884 Posts
Fancy a long flight?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 03:09 PM
Joined May 2012
884 Posts
Here is the completed build. You can read about it in my blog

Old Dec 09, 2014, 03:52 PM
Joined Feb 2014
200 Posts
I really want this platform but two hundred bucks!? It just doesn't seem logical when you consider for a little bit more there are aircraft (Sabre...P-51...) completely outfitted with motors, ESCs, servos, fans etc. For your money you get foam. They don't even include a motor. Am I the only one who thinks the Z3 is ridiculously over priced?
Maj.Duty is online now Find More Posts by Maj.Duty
Old Dec 09, 2014, 04:09 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,971 Posts
Its not overpriced, its probably the greatest FPV RC model airplane of all time!
Its over $7,000 fully autonomous built by them....you get what you pay for.
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:46 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Duty View Post
I really want this platform but two hundred bucks!? It just doesn't seem logical when you consider for a little bit more there are aircraft (Sabre...P-51...) completely outfitted with motors, ESCs, servos, fans etc. For your money you get foam. They don't even include a motor. Am I the only one who thinks the Z3 is ridiculously over priced?
Its a nice plane but I think its over priced myself
you are paying for their name at this point
I would buy one in a heart beat if it where more reasonably prices
satgod is offline Find More Posts by satgod