HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:56 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-speed buff View Post
The german guy who reached >200mph with the FJU, used a Leomotion inrunner on a APC7x8 sport shortened to 6.5" Dia.. His motor was a1900kv version on 6S.
He started the Mopar way, but had difficulties on landing because of the high weight.

René
I have had a few landing "incidents" related to weight ............
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
4,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzejamez View Post
Thanks FlyBillyFly, how's that 16-40-2ce-f5d I sent you holding up?

I'm looking for 200 mph, I'll get there just need to wait on the new cells and then use this pylon props Ray recommended...

If I go smaller prop the 16-50-2 ce delta might handle 6s.. Y or no??
I haven't flown it yet....hehehe...I've got Funjets hangin ...and just haven't got to them to Maiden ...still tryin to cope with the heavier landings with the ole original hopped up Ultra..before I try some of the other Megas..
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
Hi Jesse,

I don't believe 16/50 /X has the capability to reach true 200MPH.

With pylon prop you'll fly faster than your last flight.

Concensus is that GPS is not as accurate as Doppler.

Stay away from 6S for more than 1 reason.
Biggest: suoer sonic prop tip speeds (see my 6S graph)
Next: reduced diameter while trying to reach higher speeds.
Also needing even further reduction in prop diameter inorder to go over pitch to stay away from super sonic prop tip speeds.
That amount of Watts and AMPs will work in hotliner application but likely not in speed passes due to throttle duration.

Real 200MPH in level flight without dive is not guaranteed with 28mm, but if someone was going to try, 16/65/X to 16/70/X would be more worth while.....using over pitch 7" diameter props. That sort of static data might be posted in Feb.

Gryphon
I agree on all counts.....I had one prop on the 16/50...and as Gryphon stated....Jesus...what a screamin noise it made......SuperSonic......Not Good..
Maybe not true 200...but...Dayum Impressive speeds for a 28MM can
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
I have had a few landing "incidents" related to weight ............
Yep...me too...I'm still trin to git the approach down on my Landings......One bad thing for me is so many obstacles to deal with...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
5,014 Posts
I aint too sure about not reaching 200 with a 28mm can ................. there are still CF props that are oversquare which havent been tried yet
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway