HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 28, 2014, 07:10 PM
Registered User
Iceland, Capital Region, Reykjavik
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Question
Has any one bought FB off aliexpress?

I was thinking about buying this to build a delta wing. Any reason I shouldn't use this FB?
mummi is offline Find More Posts by mummi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:18 PM
Registered User
elmagnificado's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2013
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummi View Post
I was thinking about buying this to build a delta wing. Any reason I shouldn't use this FB?
Because it's over $12 for a very small piece of foam. Not worth it in my opinion. Dollar tree foam board is your best bet if your just going to build a delta wing.
elmagnificado is online now Find More Posts by elmagnificado
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:30 PM
Registered User
Iceland, Capital Region, Reykjavik
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmagnificado View Post
Because it's over $12 for a very small piece of foam. Not worth it in my opinion. Dollar tree foam board is your best bet if your just going to build a delta wing.
Where can I buy dollar tree FB that ships to EU?
mummi is offline Find More Posts by mummi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2014, 10:53 AM
CNC Cutter
birdofplay's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,674 Posts
That add says its PVC - much too heavy !
Too expensive for 15" x 11" x 7mm piece of foam.

Our Model foam is Styrene Styrofoam either EPS Expanded or EXP Extruded.

RCFoam.com can send cases of the stuff to you.
If they wont I will send you via mail either Depron or MPF.

What Girth limitations does Iceland have via the Mails ?

I can cut down the Depron or MPF to achieve 79" girth limitations.

Just Cost + shipping.

Bob
Hoosier Cutout Service
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2014, 01:16 PM
Registered User
Iceland, Capital Region, Reykjavik
Joined May 2012
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay View Post
That add says its PVC - much too heavy !
Too expensive for 15" x 11" x 7mm piece of foam.

Our Model foam is Styrene Styrofoam either EPS Expanded or EXP Extruded.

RCFoam.com can send cases of the stuff to you.
If they wont I will send you via mail either Depron or MPF.

What Girth limitations does Iceland have via the Mails ?

I can cut down the Depron or MPF to achieve 79" girth limitations.

Just Cost + shipping.

Bob
Hoosier Cutout Service
I might have found a craft shop that sells usable foam board. I bought a 1000700 mm 5mm thick board. I am going to try it out next week. If it's not usable ill contact you, thanks.
mummi is offline Find More Posts by mummi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2014, 03:02 PM
CNC Cutter
birdofplay's Avatar
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,674 Posts
Good find !

Best of luck.

Bob
Hoosier Cutout Service
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion has any one ever tryed storm launcher guts on an osg glider jrc35 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 2 Oct 06, 2013 08:47 PM
Discussion Has any one bought from 3D Fly? AA5BY Fuel Plane Talk 0 Mar 09, 2011 06:43 PM
Discussion has any one bought the 58% bill hempel decathlon live_to_fly Giant Scale Airplanes 3 Jan 11, 2011 06:34 AM
Discussion Has any one bought this before? bamm Electric Sailplanes 0 Mar 20, 2008 08:13 AM
Discussion Has any one bought from RC Smart jypt Vendor Talk 1 Jul 20, 2006 01:47 AM