HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
So the V120D02S is that good eh?
It is a much better all rounder than either the Genius or MCPx. It is as stable in hover and slow flight as the MCPx, while it is faster and more 3D capable than either in its stock form. Moreover, its larger size means that it is much more translatable to larger helis. The downside is that it is not as durable as the Genius or MCPx and you can't really fly it indoors.

But I have stopped flying the Genius, MCPx, 250 and 450 since I got it. It really allowed me to start off in 3D. After all, 3000 flips in 7 weeks just cannot be wrong.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
No i'd say thats pretty good lol

I may get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It is a much better all rounder than either the Genius or MCPx. It is as stable in hover and slow flight as the MCPx, while it is faster and more 3D capable than either in its stock form. Moreover, its larger size means that it is much more translatable to larger helis. The downside is that it is not as durable as the Genius or MCPx and you can't really fly it indoors.

But I have stopped flying the Genius, MCPx, 250 and 450 since I got it. It really allowed me to start off in 3D. After all, 3000 flips in 7 weeks just cannot be wrong.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Registered User
DMala's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I am absolutely serious about this. I am not a heli collector like Bob. The main reason I bought 12 helis last year was to start learning 3D. The 3 MCPx and 2 Genius I bought were mistakes. I couldn't do get anywhere with their stock brushed motors. I am a great fan of the V120D02S right now. Within the past 7 weeks, I have done over 3000 flips and rolls and had my first sustained inverted hover. If only this new Walkera had been available before, I would probably have saved a lot of money and time.
Was this with a V120D02S in stock format?

I can briefly flip back and forth my McpX with long boom in 8/10 of cases and during this winter I plan to practice sustained hovering on the sim. Next spring I will see how far I can go with the Mcpx that I have but in any case I may still need practice with a larger heli before of taking my chances with the Gaui 200. The V120D02S seems a good candidate, if by then it will still be available........
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:52 AM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I have two of the 120d02S and they are pretty good though I still like my genius and all my mcpx's....for smaller areas. The nice thing about the 120 is the amount of servo travel and the power it has. Stock the 120 is ultra easy to flip and can do mellow tictocs.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMala View Post
Was this with a V120D02S in stock format?

I can briefly flip back and forth my McpX with long boom in 8/10 of cases and during this winter I plan to practice sustained hovering on the sim. Next spring I will see how far I can go with the Mcpx that I have but in any case I may still need practice with a larger heli before of taking my chances with the Gaui 200. The V120D02S seems a good candidate, if by then it will still be available........
All my V120D02S are stock.

Since I have to drive 5 to 10km just to fly my Genius or MCPx, I might as well fly a larger heli. I can flip the Genius now but it is too small for me to see well. I have not dared tried flipping a 250 or 450. There are always people around and I just don't want to risk it.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
I can flip my mcpx and GCP; however I flip the mcpx more because I'm not as afraid of hurting it as I am the GCP

Not that the GCP is weak (cept for the skids) its just that I care less about the MCPX lol.

Plus tail hold on my GCP hasn't been great lately even with a new tail assemly

Going to try mcpx new rotor on it.

EDIT:

I also find the GCP hard to see with stock canopy

If the 120 has more power than I'll likely get one.

I find that my MCPX and GCP to bog down when flipping (GCP is BL) BUT its more likely be not properly using cyclic and banging the sticks too much.
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
Registered User
i812's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
5,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Sorry,,,, I just can't with a clear conscience push a mSR off on anyone.. Besides they are now collectors heli's..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post

I am absolutely serious about this. I am not a heli collector like Bob.

The main reason I bought 12 helis last year was ...

If only this new Walkera had been available before, I would probably have saved a lot of money and time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I'll have to remember those lines ....

(I have a feeling I'll be using them often this year)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthure View Post
Might have to start a local chapter of HA helicopter's anonymous.

Hello I am Arthur. I am a heli addict. ...
gordon lightfoot if you could read my mind live in concert bbc 1972 (4 min 0 sec)
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:15 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I can flip my mcpx and GCP; however I flip the mcpx more because I'm not as afraid of hurting it as I am the GCP

Not that the GCP is weak (cept for the skids) its just that I care less about the MCPX lol.

Plus tail hold on my GCP hasn't been great lately even with a new tail assemly

Going to try mcpx new rotor on it.

EDIT:

I also find the GCP hard to see with stock canopy

If the 120 has more power than I'll likely get one.

I find that my MCPX and GCP to bog down when flipping (GCP is BL) BUT its more likely be not properly using cyclic and banging the sticks too much.
Mine doesn't seem to bog at all,, did you see the video of it when I was testing the slipper clutch?? No sign of bogging there that I noticed..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:44 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
ShaneXman's Avatar
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
926 Posts
Well, as much as I would like BOTH the Genius and the Mini CP, I'm not as fortunate as some others on this forum (*hint* livoniabob *hint*)...and I need to disperse cash appropriately to satisfy my hobbying needs. I truly enjoy flying my Genius, and I will admit that I've progressed and learned a lot from this little heli, but I want the latest and greatest.

Unfortunately, the Genius has to go before I can buy the Mini CP, so I will be putting my practically brand new and mint condition Genius up for sale this week. .

I can't wait to get my hands on this little Mini CP.


-Shane
ShaneXman is online now Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I think we live in a "disposable" society now.

When I was a child, people use to take their "tubes" to the grocery store to test them, and if required bought a new one, to bring back home and plug in to fix their TV, stereo.

How many people in the world now days, bother to fix almost any consumer electrical device?

Even if they have the technical skills to fix it, after time spent troubleshooting, procuring parts, repairing, testing, a person could probably spend the same amount of time working at a low wage job (McDonald's?), and come back home with more "goods" in his pocket.

If a person doesn't have the skills to fix it, @ $100/hr repair charge, why bother fixing a $100 outdated device, when they can get a newer, faster, better device for the same price?

Unless they enjoy collecting antiques, people now days probably need to learn to leave go of the past, especially when dealing with electronics!

C'est la vie
I agree. The benefits are some constantly improved products, the downside is that many product are made for a short service life, and as a result a lot of energy and resources are wasted this way. It may seem cheaper now, but in the long run, I think there is a price to pay.

More ontopic, I'm impressed by the way this heli flips. Must indeed be a result of having much weight concentrated near the center. But whatever the secret, it works really well.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,017 Posts
I meant bogging the GCP and MCPX

not the 120

Can you send me link of your vid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Mine doesn't seem to bog at all,, did you see the video of it when I was testing the slipper clutch?? No sign of bogging there that I noticed..
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
OpenGL C/C++ programer
axelen's Avatar
Israel
Joined Dec 2006
771 Posts
hmm...
I'll wait for the V2 of this one
knowing walkera this means a revised model in 2-4 month..


EDIT:
they might add a random char at the end of the model name. could even be ♪ ..
axelen is offline Find More Posts by axelen
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I meant bogging the GCP and MCPX

not the 120

Can you send me link of your vid?

That's what I meant,, the V120D02S or mine anyways has a lot of power, more than I need for my style of flying.. I'm still trying to find a TC and PC that I like in Normal to give me a smoother hovering range.. Wish I had a 7 point curve.

V120D02S with LB's Slipper clutch trying different gyro settings.wmv (12 min 15 sec)
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2002
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelen View Post
hmm...
I'll wait for the V2 of this one
knowing walkera this means a revised model in 2-4 month..


EDIT:
they might add a random char at the end of the model name. could even be ♪ ..
With this waiting logic, I am afraid you will be waiting forever without buying. There will always be a 'revised' version every few months. This mini CP seems like a 'revised' version of the GCP in a way..in the next 2-4 months when you think you are are ready to get the V2, they will be coming out with yet another version..V3...its the cycle of the Walkera life. In a way, Walkera keeps trying to improve it's models, unlike Eflite that does it more rarely. But Eflite tries to make their models 'good' from the start....emphasis on 'try to'. But for Walkera, you are always the beta tester for their 'improved' products. It just depends which beta phase you are in. I think Eflite core design team only has a small handful of designers(maybe even only 1 star designer) while Walkera has probably a whole bunch of engineers which is why they are able to come up with products alot faster. It's hard to compete as China always uses pure arm grease in numbers to push over the competition. So, in 1 week of Eflite time, they would maybe have 135 man hours or less in a project, while in Walkera, they maybe have 300 man hours or more (Just pure speculation numbers to make a point).
butter_fingers is offline Find More Posts by butter_fingers
Last edited by butter_fingers; Jan 10, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:54 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_fingers View Post
With this waiting logic, I am afraid you will be waiting forever without buying. There will always be a 'revised' version every few months. This mini CP seems like a 'revised' version of the GCP in a way..in the next 2-4 months when you think you are are ready to get the V2, they will be coming out with yet another version..V3...its the cycle of the Walkera life. In a way, Walkera keeps trying to improve it's models, unlike Eflite that does it more rarely. But Eflite tries to make their models 'good' from the start....emphasis on 'try to'. But for Walkera, you are always the beta tester for their 'improved' products. It just depends which beta phase you are in.
Those that wait miss out on all the fun...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9819 Yesterday 10:05 AM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 14 Apr 15, 2014 12:24 PM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 07:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM