Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flahut59 View Post
Hi,
just one question:
Why can't we choose Motion Detection and Time Lapse Photo ?
I can choose one OR the other.
Thanks!
The two modes will be fighting each other for turning on and off the photo capture. One wants to do it based on motion detection, and the other based on a time delay sequence. Both cannot function simultaneously without more sophisticated coding. There may be insufficient camera memory to do more than what you have available, or the developer may have decided it's not worth the effort to develop this duplex capability. I'd think the motion detection would mainly be used in some kind of surveilance application or sequence where it's not possible to capture images with a hand held camera, like some wildlife nature scenes. Either way, shooting intermittant photo might miss the key scene you want, so just shooting video triggered by motion detection is a better solution for most.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
I'm sure is you measure the voltage you'll find it to be about 4.8V (under load). Most common AAs today are 1.2V although I suppose the old 1.5V do still exist. It's been years since I've seen a 1.5V AA battery, but I don't go measuring the voltage all the time

I guess it's all about chemistry...
Yes it is all about the chemistry.. Zinc/carbon and Alkaline cells are 1.5 V and Nicd and Nimh cells are 1.2 V. And yes you can still buy Zinc/carbon and Alkaline cells..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Hiya All,

First posting here because I just bought two 808#16's V2 with D Lenses and think they are t'riffic!

I'm in the UK and have been using one in my motorcycle helmet with a power pack while riding (see my YouTube channel in my username). I know there are still problems with these units and know about the blue-grey shift. I've just come across something that you may be able to duplicate. I have the Windows "Classic" desktop colour scheme on my computer monitor and I was messing with the camera shooting the screen, which was predominantly blue desktop.

When replaying, the scene surrounding the monitor screen went all orange and took ages to recover. It was in flourescent (modern energy saving bulb) light but the awb setting was auto, contrast low, saturation higher, colour normal, exposure dark. I have the latest firmware and software installed and was able to replicate the problem on my other camera.

Haven't got any photos unfortunately, but I thought the info might throw some "light" onto the problem. In any case, perhaps shooting plain background monitor screens of various colours may be of help in diagnosing the colour shifts.

Cheers, Paul.
FlyingPanMan is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPanMan
Last edited by FlyingPanMan; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Oops got my settings muxed ip.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPanMan View Post
Hiya All,

First posting here because I just bought two 808#16's V2 with D Lenses and think they are t'riffic!

I'm in the UK and have been using one in my motorcycle helmet with a power pack while riding (see my YouTube channel in my username). I know there are still problems with these units and know about the blue-grey shift. I've just come across something that you may be able to duplicate. I have the Windows "Classic" desktop colour scheme on my computer monitor and I was messing with the camera shooting the screen, which was predominantly blue desktop.

When replaying, the scene surrounding the monitor screen went all orange and took ages to recover. It was in flourescent (modern energy saving bulb) light but the awb setting was auto, contrast low, saturation higher, colour normal, exposure dark. I have the latest firmware and software installed and was able to replicate the problem on my other camera.

Haven't got any photos unfortunately, but I thought the info might throw some "light" onto the problem. In any case, perhaps shooting plain background monitor screens of various colours may be of help in diagnosing the colour shifts.

Cheers, Paul.
The color shift cause is pretty well established, Paul. It's the camera's auto white balance sensing essentially nothing but one color (e.g. blue) and forcing the image to go to a neutral white balance (i.e. shades of gray) with the appropriate additive color(s). In the case of pure blue, yellow is the additive color needed to make gray. It may seem illogical, but to get yellow on our monitor display, it requires combining red and green pixels together, with no blue! If the blue is not pure blue, then the additive colors needed to make it look gray could be more red than green, creating an orange hue to the scene on your screen outside the monitor display. I've demonstrated the gray shift using a pure green screen as well.

One solution is to have a fixed white balance setting, such as the "Daylight" setting (but maybe calling it "Sunny" to go with the "Cloudy" setting) that locks the color balance to look like a "good" auto WB setting (if one could be agreed upon by a majority of users). I think we may get to that point when final tweaking of the color toggles is tackled by the developer. But then, if shooting during a day that has both sunny and cloudy periods, the color balance may actually be worse when the lighting changed to cloudy with the Sunny setting selected than it would have using the Auto WB setting.

Auto WB does a pretty good job, and another solution is to always try to keep the scene with multiple images, colors, contrast, etc. in it (e.g. don't shoot a pure blue sky... keep a bit of ground in the scene). This is not a perfect solution either since you can't see what is being recorded. But you can just trim out any unwanted color-shift portions, or even correct those sequences via post-processing by adding the proper additive color(s) manually with a capable editor if none of these double-edged solutions work for you.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:36 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,423 Posts
Float Plane Rescue

Flew this today, flipped the plane over. The boat had #16 cam, with PFD and sandwich wrap. It got a little foggy inside the wrap, can't understand how. The other shots are with #11 with HK Wing lens. It is protected with poly but with nothing in front of the lens. Overall, I'm happy I had enough water shielding to protect both cams

RC Float Plane Rescue (3 min 24 sec)
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Victapolit.

Outstanding. at a moment I thought they were real planes and a boat? Hope all works out with the cams. Not sure how you waterproof them but would a tic tacs containers do, the jumbo ones

knowing the 5.00 flashlight be to heavy.

again great job, and outstanding.

now since this is about aeriel, guess a H2O filter be out of the question, Lol?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn_2 View Post
Well, I don't know if this would be helpful for you, but, as I'm trying to quit smoking, I'm "vapeing" electronic cigarettes and...there is one type of plastic cartridge which is sold with a silicon cap - as you can see it here: http://ecigmodshop.com.au/index.php?...&productId=283 - that perfectly fits the D lens
That "eGo-T" cartridge costs only few cents, so try to find an e-cig shop near you and... done!
Thanks but shipping to Sweden is $25
So no use , thanks anyway

Maybe someone close by sells, I'll have to check
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Last edited by Ulrik_A; Oct 13, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:26 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
I would like to have some kind of protection cap over the Lens D so i don't damage it when transporting it, does something like that exist ?
I had some "Skiffy" plastic screw caps that fitted perfect. There are a lot of different sizes so you have to have some luck to find a good one.

http://www.directindustry.com/prod/s...71-505371.html

These caps normaly work in a way that you put a plastic ring under de screw-head, and the cap snaps over it. (see picture on link above)

Beware that also in my case my lens was not the well glued, because of using the cap I got the lens twisted and out of focus. I had to re-glue the lens after re-focusing and use a soft casing now to protect the lens instead.
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
knowing you said a cap, and here is a keyfob protector.

How you go about it, you can be creative wit hte cover.

Also if this is a route baby sock, better yet lens pouch.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
844 Posts
This is what i'm using. Holds my 2 808 #16's

It's just a regular flash-card holder, but works very well.

Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
844 Posts
Another short clip with the D-lens version, sitting on the tail of my Graupner Electro J+

NEXT - Electro Junior Plus (1 min 47 sec)

If blocked use vimeo:

Next - Electro Junior Plus (1 min 46 sec)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
question on motion detection. if a fully charged cam is used, how long will it last? 40 mins as before or longer? is it considered as ON and working even though it is not recording?
bunty is offline Find More Posts by bunty
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
Thanks but shipping to Sweden is $25
You mean, from that site? Oh, now I see that it's in Australia, but it was just an example (I chose it only for the relevant photo) - you should find in Sweden as well
Kahn_2 is offline Find More Posts by Kahn_2
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:09 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
Another short clip with the D-lens version, sitting on the tail of my Graupner Electro J+
moy video
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,960 Posts
I'm really liking the new power button operation (FW 0.49) - I'm still finding it a little difficult to remember to press it for longer but I'm sure it's going to reduce the number of 1GB inside of pocket/bag recordings and flat batteries I get.
This little cam really is up there at the top when I think of the other things I've spent $120 on... (I have 3 cameras 2 x v1 and 1 x v2 good job well done and thanks all responsible! ).
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Last edited by thwaitm; Oct 14, 2012 at 05:43 AM.