Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:46 AM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
I do, It's tight but does fine.
Love the 3 bladed prop and the colour scheme. Any chance of pictures of
this plane as the Pitts Python I have comes in just yellow and black on the underside. I may do a paint job on her one of these days.
redbaron1 is offline Find More Posts by redbaron1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:56 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan View Post
Nah, just goofing around. I normally fly 3d helis where a crash costs $200-$400, the peaks is no stress.

Yeah, it's from a little key fob cam velcro'd to the bill of my hat. It's the "808 #11 Cam".

Mike
That's a great little camera isn't it? $32 on eBay. I've been velcroing to different airframes getting all sorts of views. Planning to edit video when I get a bunch of footage. I have to get it on the Peaks. So far just Velcro has held up to extreme flying with my 3dhs Edge. Have to try the hat next. Nice vid!
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:14 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
FYI, If you order a replacement wing, It does not come with aileron horns or strut brackets.
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:38 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Hi all

Just wondering what the much needed mods on this plane are. Seems like servos might be one, the firewall which needs to be beefed too?

I am looking at the price tag, and thinking, whats the catch?

It sure looks like a great plane, just wondering what I need to know before I entertain purchasing it.

Thanks!
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:39 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Hi all

Just wondering what the much needed mods on this plane are. Seems like servos might be one, the firewall which needs to be beefed too?

I am looking at the price tag, and thinking, whats the catch?

It sure looks like a great plane, just wondering what I need to know before I entertain purchasing it.

Thanks!
Not sure how many pages back, but someone did an awesome recap on all the mods. It's not too bad...a lot of lock tite, some Velcro,and a new servo here and there.
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:46 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
We have a few flying at our field. Completely stock, No mods. But these guys are just cruising around and doing mild aerobatics.
So I think it might have something to do with how much punishment are you planning to dish out?!

The freebie I got, Was crashed a couple times and still has an intact firewall with no mods! Or should I say a hard landing and stuffed it in a tree!
It really is a great buy.
Walter
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:33 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Very cool thanks guys!

One hang up I have is that the plane uses 4 cell batteries of which I have none. I guess more battery collecting! I read/saw somewhere someone was running off of 3 cells. I have so many 3 cell batteries that would have been awesome but I understand the need for 4.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:50 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Very cool thanks guys!

One hang up I have is that the plane uses 4 cell batteries of which I have none. I guess more battery collecting! I read/saw somewhere someone was running off of 3 cells. I have so many 3 cell batteries that would have been awesome but I understand the need for 4.
Yeah, some are running 3S, but you'd want to check that as they're also running different setups. You might have said this, butnwheremdid you get the plane and what clips are you using?
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:52 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Oh I don't have the plan. Just looking to find out more about it.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:33 AM
Subsurface flying expert
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
189 Posts
My Peaks gave me a bit of excitement this morning. First flight was fun and problem free. Half way into the second, a loud buzzing/ripping sound started after I completed a fairly lazy half roll into a negative half loop. The damned cowling moved forward into the back of the prop. Luckily, was close enough to the field to get her back without being gobbled up by a nasty mesquite tree.

The first flight had the HK 720P wingcam mounted on the top wing pointed forward, this second flight had it facing the rear. You can see little bits of foam flying all over. Once I have a chance to properly process and edit the footage I'll post it up.
FlyingGolem is offline Find More Posts by FlyingGolem
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:58 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,385 Posts
Same thing happened to the cowl with my Dynam AT-6, FG. Their 'magnetic' setup on these leaves something to be desired.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:17 AM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,047 Posts
I noticed my cowl did not hold tight enough with the magnet system they had, so I replaced the metal tabs with magnets and added another set of magnets at the top of the cowl....Seems to hold good with all that.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:54 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGolem View Post
My Peaks gave me a bit of excitement this morning. First flight was fun and problem free. The damned cowling moved forward into the back of the prop. Luckily, was close enough to the field to get her back without being gobbled up by a nasty mesquite tree.

Same thing happened to my Peaks, I now stick two small bamboo skewers into the bottom keeping it from moving forward.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:30 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
FlyingGolem,
Thanks for posting. Good to know.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:42 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
So tempted to get this plane, just worried about the stock components. Reading back through this thread and hearing about servo and ESC issues. Seems like a gamble as to weather you will receive good components or not.

Watching videos of this plane flying though just really makes me want to fly it! The size is just perfect and it seems nice and floaty with lots of power on tap. Someone talk me into this, hehe.

Would this battery fit in the plane ok?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-1800-4s1p.html