HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:43 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterInVegas View Post
You have to have the newer firm ware for the RVOSD to work with the DL. If you have the older firm ware, it with make the Fail Safe on the OSD jitter in and out of FS.
The Dragon Link puts out PPM and servo pulses in the standard way noraml RC receivers do. The Dragon Link is fully compatible with all RC equipment, if there is an issue with the RVOSD, then it was something they needed to fix on thier end. Dragon Link has never had any incompatibly issues with other equipment that conforms to RC PPM and normal servo pulse standards.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:03 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi View Post
DragonLink is good, yes... but I'm not as impressed as the marketing material in post #1 wants you to believe.

I don't demand perfection from a niche product created by enthusiasts but there's no need to pretend there are no problems either.
(If proven wrong on some point, I'll update this post.)
Kiwi,

Do you own a Dragon Link, I am sure if you ever flew with one, you would be amazed. We have hundreds of people using the system and flying FPV at distances and in ways that were previously not possible.

As far as service, I guarantee every Dragon Link ever sold. I have even replaced for free beta systems that were 2 years old, at great expense to myself. Every peice of Dragon Link gear, no matter how old works, or I fix it. Every last person that reports a problem with ther Dragon Link equipment gets it fixed, no charge, no hassles, I just make it right. I run this company exactly the way I would want to be treated when I am a customer.

No one is perfect, some issues have slipped though the cracks, but I am very honest and make any issue right as soon as it comes to my attention. We were the first to implement transmitter filtering to eliminate interference to video systems, and currently have a signal that is so clean the unwanted harmonics are so low that they are not even measureable. Every problem we run into is fixed, thats just the way we do things ! Sorry you do not like the website, but quality Dragon LInk production and improvements have been the priority

You seem to be interested in this system, I would suggest you fly a Dragon Link, I think you would be amazed and happy at the new world of FPV this system would open up for you.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:19 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

I beleive you are doning something wrong in the binding process. Given the complication of different setups, and how you are explaining it, I am not quite sure what you are doing. But try this:

1. Hold Button on TX down, and power on TX until you get a flashing green LED ( You MUST have flashing green LED ! )

2. Turn on Receiver.

3. Wait 30 seconds, do not touch anything, just wait... Ignore all indications from ESC or anything else, just wait...

4. Turn off RC Transmitter. Wait 10 seconds

5. Turn on RC Transmitter, your receiver should come to life

Follow the above steps EXACTLY. It should work if nothing is wrong inside your plane. IF the above procedure does not work, take the RX out of the plane, and connect 1 servo and power it with just an RX battery, and do the above procedure. This way, you know weather the problem is in the plane, or the system.

Mike
No the plane works fine, because when i use my turnigy reciever all the servos and motor moves but i will try to wait here is a video of me doing binding.
http://www.youtube.com/user/skimowhi...end=5&ob=5#p/u
FLYING_FORTRESS is offline Find More Posts by FLYING_FORTRESS
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:20 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/user/skimowhi...end=5&ob=5#p/uhttp://www.youtube.com/user/skimowhi...end=5&ob=5#p/u

Here is me doing binding again with hyper link
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
http://youtu.be/FbEEceH75qc
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
255 Posts
Mike you have a pm
emadine is offline Find More Posts by emadine
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:35 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
You should really have the equipment all powered off to make conections .
Your speedy is making that sound i think because it needs the throttle channel reversed mabye ?
Follow Mikes advise exactly.....in your video you had the speedy powered all the time.
hpcoolahan is online now Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Last edited by hpcoolahan; Oct 08, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 10:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
please do all you conections BEFORE you power up equipment.
You also need hold the button down AS you turn it on....not after you have powered it up.
As i understand it doing it after is for failsafe setting.
I was showing that it turns green. But noticed it was blinking green
Old Oct 08, 2011, 11:15 PM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,360 Posts
Sounds like the ESC is beeping because it lost the signal from the receiver. Disconnect the battery when swapping receivers and try again.
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:02 AM
Australia, WA, Carlisle North
Joined Jul 2008
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS View Post
Mate, leave the system longer. You only left it for about 5-6secs to bind. Leave it for about 20 and see what happens.

Doug
spitfire_Doug is offline Find More Posts by spitfire_Doug
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:30 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
The Dragon Link puts out PPM and servo pulses in the standard way noraml RC receivers do. The Dragon Link is fully compatible with all RC equipment, if there is an issue with the RVOSD, then it was something they needed to fix on thier end. Dragon Link has never had any incompatibly issues with other equipment that conforms to RC PPM and normal servo pulse standards.

Mike
It was one of the first things fixed in the firmware when the RDOSD G5 came out. It might of only been a G5 issue.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 09, 2011, 02:44 AM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,770 Posts
So I tried out my new DL Tx with my plane and....

...still get interference on the 1.3ghz video. Same horizontal bars that scroll through the video just like my old DL without filtering. Don't know why it would have the bars still if the new DL has a low pass filter on it...

Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:13 AM
Up up and away!
Sweden
Joined Oct 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Do you own a Dragon Link, I am sure if you ever flew with one, you would be amazed. We have hundreds of people using the system and flying FPV at distances and in ways that were previously not possible.
To balance my critique I should say that the support is good much of the time and the replacement policy is excellent. And DragonLink does give you long range, no question about it. But I do stand by every point of my critique, which I backed up by facts.

I don't agree that selling new modules is more important than fixing the documentation.

I do use DragonLink since one year as suggested by my post above:
Quote:
I myself tried to use the (generous) referral program in Feb 2 and emailed reminders at Apr 24, May 17 and Jul 25 before giving up on getting the extra receiver.
Quote:
I get interference in the received video in spite of getting a new, filtered Tx module.
FpvKiwi is offline Find More Posts by FpvKiwi
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:57 AM
Village Idiot!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2011
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
So I tried out my new DL Tx with my plane and....

...still get interference on the 1.3ghz video. Same horizontal bars that scroll through the video just like my old DL without filtering. Don't know why it would have the bars still if the new DL has a low pass filter on it...

Blues
Might not be the DL. I run 1.3 with the DL and have crystal clear video.
ScooterInVegas is offline Find More Posts by ScooterInVegas
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:20 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS View Post
Mike specifically said to wait at least 30 sec's. You need to follow the directions correctly.

I recently bought a DragonLink system and am very happy with it. I fly on 1280 Mhz on a Quadcopter and in an Easystar and have no problems. The product is an awesome product and has given me piece of mind flying.
3DMON is offline Find More Posts by 3DMON