nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:38 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Just saw on HH website that the P-51 is no longer available. I was thinking it may be
(re)released, sometime in the near future, with AS3X.

Looks like HH is discontinuing all their old 1S micros. The Sukhoi xp was also discontinued recently.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:54 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post

Looks like HH is discontinuing all their old 1S micros. The Sukhoi xp was also discontinued recently.

Actually the Sukhoi is the is the only one back ordered. The mustang and others are still available in a bind and fly only.
CrawlerD is offline Find More Posts by CrawlerD
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:10 PM
United States, NC, Pilot Mountain
Joined Oct 2011
171 Posts
I would buy a micro mustang with the same level of detail as the other new little warbirds. Even if its still 1s. A tame 2S brushless with a long run-time and thrust somewhere between the brushed micros and the Beast would be nice. Of course lots of us would replace the motor with Beast/Sbach motors :-)

I thought the Mustang was a nice looking Micro 'til the Spitfire arrived (and now the P-40).
Ikankrachuhmoll is offline Find More Posts by Ikankrachuhmoll
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:15 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,914 Posts
BNF is still in stock....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:09 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
BNF is still in stock....
That is good to hear! This is an UM classic.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:49 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikankrachuhmoll View Post
I thought the Mustang was a nice looking Micro 'til the Spitfire arrived (and now the P-40).
The Mustang still sports a 2 blade prop and doesn't have the cool looking camo paint scheme like the Spit and P-40, but with a little work..... the Spit 4 blade prop on the P-51 will definately improve it....
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:00 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,825 Posts
This was fun even though the crosswind didn't help with the landing. This is also the only video of me flying my P-51.

Parkzone P-51 Ultra Micro tearing up the skies over Lynden. (2 min 55 sec)

Edit:

So I offically got in one more flight after this and my P-51 is dead. The engine that is. Everything works but that. I am very happy I got this on video. I have no idea how to change out the motor, but hopefully it isn't too much of a chore.

GB
Last edited by GBLynden; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:38 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
This was fun even though the crosswind didn't help with the landing. This is also the only video of me flying my P-51.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqT3OCe7sjo

Edit:

So I offically got in one more flight after this and my P-51 is dead. The engine that is. Everything works but that. I am very happy I got this on video. I have no idea how to change out the motor, but hopefully it isn't too much of a chore.

GB
It is VERY VERY simple - leave the gearbox where it is and simply swap out the metal motor itself. If I recall, it takes a litttle wiggling and a pair of tweezers to get the wire under and around the board, so pay attention to how it looks before you start working on it. ALSO - PAY ATTENTION TO how it plugs in. I think there are three holes for the plug, but only two pins. I think the first time I plugged mine in wrong and got a very serious surprise when i plugged the bat in - not sure, but if I recall (2 yrs ago) it was completely backwards and full throttle was zero throttle.

May have been a different plane, but in any case, mark, make notes, and you'll be happier for it!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:38 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqT3OCe7sjo

Edit:

GB
Nows a good time to upgrade it to a bravo SX motor for 20-30% more static thrust and better longevity.

'RCbabbel' sells the motor ready to plug in, but if you're keen on learning something new you can buy a pinion puller and SX motor for around the same price and do it yourself. You would need to remove the pinion and power plug from the stock dead motor and put them on the new SX motor.
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:36 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
It is VERY VERY simple - leave the gearbox where it is and simply swap out the metal motor itself. If I recall, it takes a litttle wiggling and a pair of tweezers to get the wire under and around the board, so pay attention to how it looks before you start working on it. ALSO - PAY ATTENTION TO how it plugs in. I think there are three holes for the plug, but only two pins. I think the first time I plugged mine in wrong and got a very serious surprise when i plugged the bat in - not sure, but if I recall (2 yrs ago) it was completely backwards and full throttle was zero throttle.

May have been a different plane, but in any case, mark, make notes, and you'll be happier for it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Nows a good time to upgrade it to a bravo SX motor for 20-30% more static thrust and better longevity.

'RCbabbel' sells the motor ready to plug in, but if you're keen on learning something new you can buy a pinion puller and SX motor for around the same price and do it yourself. You would need to remove the pinion and power plug from the stock dead motor and put them on the new SX motor.
Thank you guys! I am strongly considering getting the SX motor.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Thank you guys! I am strongly considering getting the SX motor.
You won't be sorry. A bit expensive, but will last as long as 5 stock motors and, if you get the same results I did, you won't believe what it does for your mustang! I've had a BALL with mine. Interesting, I never felt like it did much for my corsair, but the Mustang feels like it's on steroids with that motor.

Mustang Madness 1 (2 min 29 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:38 AM
Joined Jul 2011
44 Posts
I have many 1s micros and no motor ever burned. Watching your videos the only explanation for your burned motors is that you fly the whole time full throttle. The planes fly with half throttle, too.
Xian01 is offline Find More Posts by Xian01
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian01 View Post
I have many 1s micros and no motor ever burned. Watching your videos the only explanation for your burned motors is that you fly the whole time full throttle. The planes fly with half throttle, too.
Hah! But only half as fast!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:22 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian01 View Post
Even if you don't fly at full throttle, it will happen eventually. Those little brushes will eventually burn out, even if you don't fly WOT. Sure enough, they will last longer is you don't drive too much current, but no matter what, it's a question of time. Brushless motors last forever, but brushes are brushes....

So, if you put 200 flights in one season, you're likely to change one motor, maybe two. But if you have 5 ultra-micro, and you fly them only 40 times each, sure enough, they will last a long time. But again, no matter what, eventually, you'll have to change a brushed motor....
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler