SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MPP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:10 AM
MPP
In Unusual Attitude Recovery
Danbury CT (DXR)
Joined Oct 2005
2,152 Posts
Discussion
FBO's, Flying, Pictures & Projects

My FBO burned to the ground last week. This is the building I used to fly out of and did most of my private pilot certificate and IFR rating at. One of my friends worked at the charter service and the loss is unbelievable. Somewhere around 20-25 million in aircraft destroyed in the fire. I am sad as I am not sure they will recover from this and the planes… oh so many planes.

Well the flying has been superb the last few days. Sunshine and little wind makes those flybys just so nice. I have been flying my beat up Corsair and my newest Yak 9. Good old fun.

I have also cleared the board and started an old crashed Guillows P-51 that have had lying around. It is a gas to electric conversion and will take a bit of work but should be a fun project. I had to remake a wing and decided that a built up balsa, sheeted with torque rods is the way to go. So far wing 3 Oz’s and I should be able to strip the airframe down to 2 or so Oz's. I guess I will start a thread soon. I know another Mustang.....

Enjoy,

Mpp
MPP is offline Find More Posts by MPP
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:47 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,781 Posts
I feel your pain, all the planes flew for my pilot's liscence, the one I soloed in, the one I took the check ride in were all burned up in a hangar fire at Parks-BiState, I think its St Louis downtown (KCPS) now in 1977.
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Sep 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
MPP
In Unusual Attitude Recovery
Danbury CT (DXR)
Joined Oct 2005
2,152 Posts
Major,

Thanks, I drive by every day and think of how many people were affected. Private instructors, Charter service that the owners put there heart and sole into, Club planes for affordable flying. The mechanics that kept the planes running well. the line guys that alway have a smile on thier faces and grabbing any stick time they could, and the list goes on.

Anyway I hope it all comes back. Fortunatly I do still see some of the planes I used to fly. It is funny how you get attached to a plane.

Mark
MPP is offline Find More Posts by MPP