Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taciturne View Post
~~ Trivia ~~
We have all seen those listings from Asia on eBay
What is your interpretation of their "refund policy" about shipping time
I have had a refund a few times for items that went over the maximum delivery time. Just go through the process on Ebay and it goes quite smoothly, of course if the item eventually shows up it's good form to resubmit the payment.

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by Gast11
Joined Aug 2013
43 Posts
Got a new V3 C Lens mobius today. Is it possible that focus is not set correctly out of the box? Distant trees (about 20m distance) seem blurry and close stuff is pretty sharp.
Gast11 is offline Find More Posts by Gast11
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM
Find More Posts by ThaHandy
Joined Apr 2010
88 Posts
you can fix this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
please read the mandatory posts #1 - #8 there is the answer
In this case #2
ThaHandy is offline Find More Posts by ThaHandy
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by util
Joined Mar 2015
4 Posts
Cutting with AVIDemux

Hi, I have a stack of videos recorder on the mobius that I cut using AviDemux. Problem is I can't open them in Sony vegas. Or wmplayer. Even the ones I cut on keyframes. Uncut files work fine with vegas and wmplayer. It sounds like a container issue - anyone know a quick bodge to fix this without re-encoding anything ? I have stacks of footage I need to make pretty in somthing like vegas.
Cheers,
Bruce.
util is offline Find More Posts by util
Old Today, 01:06 AM
Find More Posts by Janke
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2014
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by util View Post
Hi, I have a stack of videos recorder on the mobius that I cut using AviDemux. Problem is I can't open them in Sony vegas. Or wmplayer. Even the ones I cut on keyframes. Uncut files work fine with vegas and wmplayer. It sounds like a container issue - anyone know a quick bodge to fix this without re-encoding anything ? I have stacks of footage I need to make pretty in somthing like vegas.
Cheers,
Bruce.
Sorry, but you're a bit out-of-topic, since this is a Mobius support thread... your problem is obviously with AviDemux or Vegas.

Try a Vegas support forum instead, they should be able to help you.

EDIT: It is answered below, I didn't know it was a known problem, sorry!
Janke is offline Find More Posts by Janke
Last edited by Janke; Today at 01:48 PM.
Old Today, 02:03 AM
Find More Posts by xylazine10
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Apr 2012
40 Posts
I just got my Möbius that I am planning to use on my DJI Phantom 1, heard that the camera will interfere with NAZA, I read about some expensive solutions, like painting, I was wandering if I can use the woven shielding strips I already have (see link bellow). Any one has experience using this?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2175380
xylazine10 is offline Find More Posts by xylazine10
Old Today, 07:00 AM
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by util View Post
Cheers,
Bruce.
Tom Frank has covered this many times.
Here is his latest :-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
There was no AVI option in FW 1.20, and the AVI files generated by the Mobius (and it' little brother, the #16, before it, are non-standard AVI format. They cannot be edited with most video editors, we know that, and there is a tool tip in the mSetup GUI for the File Type toggle that tells you this. The AVI file format is only useful for someone who cannot play MOV or MP4 files with their video player, and doesn't need to do any editing.

If you need AVI files for editing, you are much better off shooting in MOV (if you need contiguous clips with no lost video), or MP4 format (if you can tolerate a few seconds of lost video between contiguous video clips), and doing a lossless conversion from MOV/MP4 into an AVI container using the MP4cam2AVI.exe conversion utility, which does a direct copy (no re-encoding) and re-packages the video into an editable AVI format.

FWIW, I had suggested not implementing the AVI option in the 2.10 FW for this very reason.
Mike
P.S. you can do a direct copy (lossless) to another container that doesnt have the strange properties the camera AVI has,
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Today at 07:05 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old Today, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by tikeytak
Joined May 2015
1 Posts
vibration/buzz from camera housing ?

Hi.

I'm a glad owner of a Mobius ActionCam. It makes beautiful videos, I'm very happy with it, I use it very often for many activities (not only RC, sorry, I've read the first posts of this thread).

Nevertheless I've a little problem. In some cases there is something inside the camera that generates vibrations/buzz that you can clearly hear in the videos.

I've open the camera, put some silicone and tape everywhere I supposed those vibrations could come from (around the buttons, the lens, the battery) but without success.

I've posted a video (10 seconds) where you can hear this buzz. It is in a car because that is the situation where I can hear it the most. But I repeat, this buzz happens in many situations, not only in my car :
https://vid.me/WTns

Does someone have a suggestion about what can vibrate in this video ?

For me it is a mechanical buzz, but maybe I'm wrong...

Again, sorry for not asking a specific RC question, but as pointed out, buzz may also appear on RC engines.

Kind regards.
tikeytak is offline Find More Posts by tikeytak
Old Today, 04:23 PM
ptg
Find More Posts by ptg
ptg
Barjetling Academy #1
Joined Apr 2005
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xylazine10 View Post
I just got my Möbius that I am planning to use on my DJI Phantom 1, heard that the camera will interfere with NAZA, I read about some expensive solutions, like painting, I was wandering if I can use the woven shielding strips I already have (see link bellow). Any one has experience using this?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2175380
Yes, full HD cameras, not just Mobius can interfere with GPS.
Do not listen to the people, who complicate their lives with, as You said, expensive solutions.
Make a simple shield box, use beer or coke can. After You drank ...
And mount GPS as far as possible away from the camera.
I have TBS Discovery and everything (NAZA, GPS, FPV...) works with no interferences.
ptg is offline Find More Posts by ptg
Old Today, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Glover
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,598 Posts
Yup many/most people have no problem with Mobius & GPS ... just don't mount them too close together.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Today, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikeytak View Post
Hi.

I'm a glad owner of a Mobius ActionCam. It makes beautiful videos, I'm very happy with it, I use it very often for many activities (not only RC, sorry, I've read the first posts of this thread).

Nevertheless I've a little problem. In some cases there is something inside the camera that generates vibrations/buzz that you can clearly hear in the videos.

I've open the camera, put some silicone and tape everywhere I supposed those vibrations could come from (around the buttons, the lens, the battery) but without success.

I've posted a video (10 seconds) where you can hear this buzz. It is in a car because that is the situation where I can hear it the most. But I repeat, this buzz happens in many situations, not only in my car :
https://vid.me/WTns

Does someone have a suggestion about what can vibrate in this video ?

For me it is a mechanical buzz, but maybe I'm wrong...

Again, sorry for not asking a specific RC question, but as pointed out, buzz may also appear on RC engines.

Kind regards.
Gosh! either the car is very noisy, or the microphone is shot.
I've never heard background 'white noise' so loud in my life, so loud that is seems like you have some automatic gain control working in the editing to keep the sound level up loud.
there was a very faint sort of semi musical impression of something behind the loud rushing sound.
Was the camera running on internal battery, and if so was it quite low?
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee